Auckland Council Employee Reviews

Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland30 September 2017
Some very good people, work culture is good but it has entered into outsourcing so job losses are coming thick and fast. The management looking to fix problem by reducing staff. The projects are mismanaged and so many projects was over spent and heaps over time. It is not safe at all to work for the council now unlike when the legacy council were operating.
Fun workplace
IS Service Desk Analyst/ Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland20 September 2017
Very organised and peaceful. people are nice and fun loving. They are helpful and cooperative. Permanent offers are very less but not impossible. had a good time working there.
Very productive, outgoing and family orientated work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland17 August 2017
The first time I laid foot in West Wave I felt a family orientated sort of vibe. I loved working there and I had so much pride in the place that I would tell everyone that I work at West Wave athough I did have a few downfalls but in the end I enjoyed my time there. Managers, Team Leaders were all nice and friendly people, my fellow colleagues were all amazing people. Even though I was mainly the only male Receptionist there, they made me feel special in a way.
Pros
Pay was very good.
Good place to work - respectful
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD14 August 2017
Constant work challenges, good relationships, good support.
Poor performance management. Average salary.
I am happy here but am not getting the recognition I feel I deserve financially.
Code Compliance Certificate Assessor (Current Employee) –  Auckland6 August 2017
The multicultural environment and great user-friendly work system help to keep track of the work and under tremendous leadership of people working here for many years helps to learn the organization and possible ways to improve and grow.
Pros
Traning and very well lined up policies and procedures.
Cons
Productive and fun colleagues to work with
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Auckland7 July 2017
Colleagues were fun to work with. Very warm welcoming team. Work was easy to do once you knew the systems. Management was ok. Overall was really happy with my job.
I learn't the systems of SAP, Hansen, PeopleSoft and Pathway. from a day to day basic I completed Notices of Sale's where changes of ownerships for houses were done and also full time data cleansing for the NAR Team.
Pros
Auckland Council Perks: Free Coffee at Coffee Club (buy 1 + Free)
Cons
Management was slack
Great
Customer Insights Solutions Broker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland9 April 2017
Great work life balance and good career opportunities. Definitely recommend it as a good place to work. No two days are the same, with lots of variety...
Friendly and varied environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland28 March 2017
During the short time I worked there the Council was still dealing with the effects of amalgamation and moving buildings. As a result there was some difficulty in day to day administration however the staff themselves were friendly and dedicated.
Productive/Challenging and great team to work with. An excellent and very helpful team leader.
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  CBD Auckland, Auckland22 March 2017
I have learned a lot from Auckland Council. Especially working in a great team with great leaders. My role was multitask and with great team work i was able to manage my time and work well.

I have learned more skills and explore my knowledge in doing administration role and able to gain more confident in doing my work and communicating with people.

I will forever cherish all that i have learnt and experienced working for Auckland Council, New Zealand.
Pros
Central location
Fun, great supportive management
Litter control (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland16 March 2017
Joined this company,when i do not have any other opportunity and also nobody else gave any opportunity. Excellent supportive management give consideration to your personal values along with your work and gives a way to succeed.
Pros
Easy work / Fun
Cons
need to start work very early morning
Busy and productive
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orewa, Auckland29 January 2017
A typical day involves dealing with people from all walks of life and assisting with everything from book selection to writing CVs.
It is increasingly obvious that usage of e resources is becoming more wide spread and, although I can't imagine the demise of the physical book, digital reading seems to be the way of the future.
Good management and team work are vital to this and every other work place. Excellent and or inadequate performance needs to be acknowledged and dealt with accordingly.
The most difficult part of this job can be dealing with those customers who come into the Library solely to use the public computers. They often expect staff to go beyond the call of duty when helping them with personal and obscure issues.
Interaction with the public and providing them with friendly and helpful service is the most enjoyable part of this job along, of course, with being surrounded by so many wonderful books!
Pros
Access to all manner of books and multi media
Cons
Long hours and low wages
Lrgae local government organisation newly created by amalgamating 7 old councils
Stormwater infrastructure development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 January 2017
large local government organisation providing infrastructure and services to citizens. My role was to creating new stormwater infrastructures ensuring private developers comply with regulatory and other requirements and fulfilled and integrity of the environment integrity is not compromised
Pros
2 frees zoo pass per one year
Cons
travelling long distances are not compensated or looked after
No one day is the same
Community Development Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Auckland3 January 2017
All my time working at the Auckland council or in the good old Manukau City Council days, I enjoyed all the challenges.

Unfortunately what brings it all to zero is the constant change in leadership i.e. CEO/Directors and government; this gives the COMMUNITY SECTOR a loss of assurance of work in the future
Excelente
Senior Performance Reporting specialisst (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 January 2017
Oportunidades de crecimiento, horario flexible, buen ambiente de trabajo.
Fun workplace, Professional and Good working environment
Licensing & Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 December 2016
- A very supportive management team
- Daily task is processing dog registration payments and data entry
- Analyzing and solving rates payment
- Great and supportive co-workers
- Weekly update meetings improves the work environment which resulted to good results and solutions. It gained confidence to each and everyone in the team
Pros
Free Coffee, Juice and Milk. Weekly Team Meeting and Friday Team Building
challenging and rewarding
Manager environmental partnerships (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 November 2016
large organisation in a challenging political environment, but with some exciting potential to engage with the community. Very passionate staff and politicians.
the work place always had a positive vibe and everyone was friendly, caring and helpful
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 November 2016
i would get to work reasonably early and everyone would greet me. i would get to work straight away and stay focused until one of my work mates would come and get me to go and get lunch. we would sit int he staff room for about 15 minutes then get back to work. everything was done on time and with a high standard. when i dint understand how to do something my co-workers were very keen to get up and help me. the hardest part about my job was trying to get up at 5am every morning but at the same time it was good because it make me realise that time management is important. the most enjoyable thing about working for the auckland city council was that i felt like going there was my second home and i just loved the feeling of going to work every day.
Pros
good experiences and getting to meet new people
Cons
long hours which lead onto me feeling very lethargic
Great atmosphere and great team
Team Leader Chef (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland19 August 2016
Every day was a great day at aucklnd council.
Great work experience
Always will remember the job and experience I had with auckland council.
A great work experience in a very fast paced and high production enviroment
Productive and interesting
Mail Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland15 August 2016
A typical day for me is sorting and getting post to and from departments. I do online bookings for customers, both internal and external and also do phone queries. I am alone in the Manukau office and take great pride to see that I am trustworthy and do not take advantage of been all by myself.

The people is very friendly and helpful.

The hardest part is not really hard, but you have to be very vigilant when sending and receiving post to go to the correct departments and not get lost. I enjoy been part of a team and to just interact with people on a daily basis, and to help wherever I can. A smile from someone is the biggest reward you can ask for.
Pros
Free tea brakes, zoo passes
Cons
I don't really have cons, but sometimes it's hard when post get lost by no means through your actions, but it come down to you been in charge in the mailroom, it can just be frustrating at times, other than that, nothing really as I am a very positive person and don't really see or concentrate on the negative.
Good & Happy with Auckland Council
SAP BO Developer (Current Employee) –  Auckland21 July 2016
Very good work life balance at Auckland Council. I have been on the NewCore Project for the past 26 months & it has been great working at Council