Auckland University of Technology

Auckland University of Technology Employee Reviews

Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland25 September 2017
It's a very nice place to work. The organization culture and the environment is perfect to grow and develop skills. Not only for staffs but also for students.
Although great it wasnt free from dynasty seeker and ruin what AUT is about. Overall the University still my prefer employer because of its culture and fun environment.
Pros
Staff Xmas Parties/Department gathering
Cons
Do without the dynasty builder who abuse power .
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student Experience Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Auckland9 May 2017
AUT helped expand my skill set and knowledge about professionalism in the workforce. It taught me pastoral care and confidentiality and helped me develop an excellent work ethic.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Slightly disconnected amongst departments
Typical Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland Central, Auckland15 April 2017
Staff were largely supportive and work was fun and interesting. I was given plenty of latitude to stamp my mark on the subject and found it really rewarding helping the students achieve.
Productive, Informative and highly efficient
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland30 March 2017
Auckland University of technology has been a major breakthrough in my life. It has been a stiff learning curve as I have been familiarised with many aspects of an IT industry. Not only I have done masters from this university which allowed me to gain a good knowledge in the domain but also has provided me with multiple job opportunities. These opportunities have given me an insight of how the student should be groomed into an industrial professional. It is apparent that because of an excellent management the workplace culture is a treat when it comes to ticking the box for the job satisfaction. The most enjoyable part is my current job with AUT as an ICT lab Assistant. Here I get to shine my two edge sword comprising of both Technical background and improvising on my communication skills.
Productive work place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland20 October 2016
Typical work day at AUT involves challenges, commitments, passion and delivery. The experienced and collaborative team work at AUT is really remarkable.
School Project
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland15 March 2016
This was a school project which involved us school kids to get in touch with the real world and create a product and sell it to real life business or people. Good experience of learning how to run a company.
Pros
Meet new people, Learn alot outside of school
Cons
Long hours, Used most of school time on the one subject
Work
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, City1 November 2015
It's a great place to work . Very friendly,motivated environment with students and graduations etc. Different nationalities I really enjoyed.
Pros
Fun working
Cons
Continues processes, variety should be added
A fun and active workplace
TEACHING ASSISTANT (HOURLY PAID CONTRCAT) (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 August 2015
The preparation for some of the papers helped me to grow the skills that I had. This opportunity also helped me with class management, and how to cooperate with students and lecturer. In general I am happy to teach at AUT.
Workplace review
Lecturer - Accounting (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N25 June 2015
The Auckland University of Technology in Auckland is an awesome place to work. Located in central Auckland with excellent facilities promoting personal development and a teaching philosophy focused on student engagement.
Strong analytical and research skills developed
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N20 June 2015
Strong analytical and research skills developed through the job and learning time in university. The most enjoyable part in my job is I can do what I really like. I like doing experiment. I like cell culture. I like HPLC. I like everything in my life.
Excellent work place - very supportive and open.
Accounting Teaching Assistant (Level 5) (Current Employee) –  Wellesley Campus, Auckland27 October 2014
AUT University is an open and diverse workplace where freedom to put into practice your own ideas and ways are encouraged so long as they achieve the purpose for which you are working.

A typical day will consist of reviewing the previous night's preparation, checking answers to exercises and being able to explain each and every step and be able to succinctly explain in details, if requested to by students.

In this position I learned a lot about time management and the ability to break down my work day into one hour blocks when pushed for time so that continuous progress is being made.
Pros
Support at work is excellent and nothing is too minor to seek help for.
Cons
High workload during marking time.
Great
Student (Former Employee) –  Auckland12 August 2014
Assignments were challenging but made it interesting to study
An excellent place start to an academic career
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N10 July 2013
I loved both lecturing and teaching in a tutorial environment for AUT.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
There were none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auckland University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3