Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Great place to learn new skills
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA22 March 2017
As an intern I was able to learn new skills that are not taught in the classroom. It was very hands on and sometimes even messy. Very friendly engineers.
Great culture here and and great pay
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC20 March 2017
I started working here last year as a service technician (ST). I've seen what's out there as far as maintenance positions and this is the icing on the cake. Overtime is unlimited and has been for years. The passenger tire plant is the most profitable plant in SC. The testing is not easy for this position and not many make it in. All the employees get a weekly bonus that is added into our hourly pay. ST's can expect an average $35-37 an hour. Best environment and pay I've ever seen. I'll make around 120k this year.
Pros
Pay, benefits, unlimited OT, people
Cons
Rotating shifts
Glad to be gone
ASRS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NC20 March 2017
After 3.5 years, it was a relief to get out of this plant. The absolute worst schedule I have ever worked, swing shift was horrible. Some of the management is in place for reasons other than quality of work and experience. The hardest part of the job everyday was dealing with the politics in place. This job was a huge stess factor in family life.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
schedule, politics
Great teamates to work with.
Curing (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR17 March 2017
Hot physical job great pay good people to work with making inner tubes for a number of different vehicles. It is the last rubber manufacturing company in the United States.
Great company high demand productivity with low resources
Automotive technician/sales representative (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CA15 March 2017
Great company to work for ..I started as a technician learned a lot from basically trial and error..I felt only the front sales floor personnel had advancement opportunities..
Pros
Lunch during meetings
Cons
Expect alot for not alot in return
Long commute, long days, and low income potential.
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Abington, PA14 March 2017
In general, most of all Automotive Business Entities can offer average to below average wages.It is , unfortunately, the way things are.
My commute was long , due to very poor route availability.(1.5 hours just to travel 18 miles) Being paid on a "Flat-Rate" basis, there were days of standing around with no repair work available. Then a half hour before shift ends, your given a 0.3h oil change.
And then, forced to work over the 10 hour threshold, and spending a lot of the next two hours driving home.
I've had worse jobs and better
Material Handler/ Billing clerk (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN10 March 2017
Day shift at this job was awful. There are more political games being played in the office here than there are in Washington at any given point. Terrible amounts of favoritism for everyone except their best workers
Pros
Competitive pay and superior vacation
Cons
Terrible insurance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TX8 March 2017
Be on time to work , if your are going to need a day off make sure you give an heads up 3 days in advance. What ever job you are looking at or getting into make sure you take the time to do it right and safe.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Flat rate is a joke
Tech (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH8 March 2017
If you were trying to get your car fixed here it is the right place if you are working here to fix cars it is the wrong place the store I used to be at had no kind of business for actual paid work Just Tires and oil working here was a joke
Productive and Great Place to Work
Electrical Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA5 March 2017
Productive and Great Place to Work

Great place to work with good engineering projects and a good group of people.

Everyday work is busy with meeting, plant issues, and planning for capital projects
Closing stores and continuous sales decline
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO1 March 2017
Company is going in multiple different directions that are confussing and add no value. Top leadership is gone and haven't been replaced. The retail side of Bridgestone (Firestone and Tires Plus) can't find mechanics or keep mechanics to work on cars.

Culture is extremely stressful. Haven't had a merit increase in 2 years.

Pep Boys needs to buy Firestone to stop the money bleeding.

No work life balance!!!
Pros
Some benefits are good.
Cons
Extremely high turnover/no work life balance
Excellent company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK27 February 2017
Management was kind, fair, courteous and they kept us in the loop with day to day business. I enjoyed my 12 years of employment with this company; was saddened to see the location here in Oklahoma shut down.
Great workplace, friendly employees
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MN20 February 2017
If you had questions everyone was willing to help at anytime, positive group of people, hard working and very easy to learn how the shop flow worked together to get things done fast and efficiently.
Billing Services
Support Manager Billing Services (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 3721418 February 2017
Bridgestone is a wonderful company to work for. They are good to their employees and compensate well. I will miss the company after 15 years of service. I am returning to my homeland Iowa.
Great place to work.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA15 February 2017
I love my job! No complaints. The hardest part of my day is clocking out. If I could work more hours I would. Safety first. Bridgstone cares about its Teammates.
Intern HR
Intern, Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SC13 February 2017
A typical day at work would vary. I was an intern so it was mostly helping others and organizing when needed. Workplace culture was fast paced but enjoyable to work with the employees.
Hard work, Good pay, very strict
UNS Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NC8 February 2017
Very strict on safety. Work gets very intense at times. Rotating shifts are sometimes difficult. The are very informative when it comes to safety. They also allow you a chance to grow within the company.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, and perks
Cons
Rotating shifts, twelve hour saturdays
Great company with a great work atmosphere.
Retail Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX7 February 2017
Steep learning process, but valuable experience in the automotive industry with good career advancement. Learned about various automotive parts and services. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with several people who needed their vehicle serviced.
Awesome place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA7 February 2017
I would check to see what the night would be like. I learned how to multitask. Management was great! They were willing to show me how to be successful. The workplace culture was awesome! The hardest part was trying to stay cool in the summer and warm n the winter, but other that it was a pretty simple and easy place to work. The most enjoyable part was working on holidays and getting paid triple time. It was great!
Pros
Benefits and wages
Cons
Working 12 hour shifts
Great Company
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2017
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. Great Company