Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere to work, great benefits and pay
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tennessee28 April 2017
best place i have ever worked.benefits fits well with a growing family, pay is top notch for the area. I worked there for 18 years and had no desire to leave for any other company.
productive fun place to work all round
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OH27 April 2017
you get top pay in a year in ahalf of working thare pay is vaey good ppl are a joy to work with manegers are hard on but also understanding of situations
Pros
grate pay
Cons
hard to get back into
Awesome Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA27 April 2017
It is definitely a premier place to work. The management is always looking to train the employees on the newest technology available while providing a family atmosphere.
Great Company
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OH26 April 2017
The hours were very long and most times 7 days per week. It keeps you moving and on you feet and provides a sense of accomplishment when repairing a car or helping a customer in need.
Pros
Customers and Technicians
Cons
7 Day work weeks
Stressful and no leadership..
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX25 April 2017
No leadership from store manager or area manger..Always short staffed and they want you to make it happen when it should be a 4 man job..Misleading and lies..Store manager take more time off than you and only cares about his self..Not all of them operate this way but a lot do..
Pros
No to many
Cons
No life work takes over, bad store mgmt.. Lazy and lots of lies..
long hours and not fun
SALES FORECASTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 April 2017
Expect a lot out of you and want to work 60-80 hours a week. Good people work their but hard to sustain those type of hours long tern,.

The company is not bad
Good pay hard work
Operator/Machine Tech (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC24 April 2017
Be ready to work in a stressful environment . Job pays good but you work hard for it and if you don't you will be terminated . Don't recommend if you have kids rotating shifts take alot of time from home
Pros
Good pay
Cons
12hrs of stress
Excellent Wages, Excellent Benefits, fast paced work environment
Service Driver- Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA22 April 2017
I worked for Bridgestone Firestone as a forklift operator for 6 1/2 years. It is a great place to work for excellent pay and excellent benefits. I started in February of 2011 and I then was on a rotating schedule working 12 hours a day. After 1 month I then was switched to work on the night shift from 6pm until 6am. This job is a very fast paced and detail oriented work environment. I worked in the Service Pool as a forklift operator and I would have to say the hardest part about this job is the amount of work load they require and the highly stressful work environment. This company has a wide variety of people that work there. The management at Bridgestone overall were very good at their positions. I enjoyed working for this company the most because they paid well, had excellent benefits, had every holiday paid and off. I learned many skills by working for Bridgestone Firestone that will help me in my future career.
Terrible morale at this factory
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA19 April 2017
I worked for them for twelve years. Over the course of that time, the contracts with the union deteriorated. The management is driving the place into the ground.
Great company to work for
Sr. Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN18 April 2017
Unfortunately, if you work at the Corporate H.Q., with an engineering degree, the amount of travel would be intense and you will spend a lot of time away from your family.

Other than that, without a doubt great company to work for.
nice work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jaipur, Rajasthan17 April 2017
it was a good place for me.. but there was no increment last one and half year... so i left this job.. now i want a job which is perfect for me.. so muthoot is the right place for me ..
Enjoyed working for this company for the 20yrs i was employed.
Forklift Operator / Leadman (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH16 April 2017
This was an excellent company to work for. Great coworkers and a great working environment. They provided excellent benefits to all employees and great cooperation between workers and management.
Pros
Early working hours with flexibility.
Cons
Had no cons to address.
Hard work and dirte
Experimental Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH7 April 2017
The work was hard and dirty but the money was good for the education needed. The mandatory Saturday overtime all summer long really destroyed any enjoyment during the warm months.
Pros
Good pay and benitits
Cons
lack of respect for the employees by management.
good place to work if team members stayed.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN7 April 2017
work 12 hour days making steel cord .
work as team to get job done.
management needs to listen more to team members.
hardest part of the job is the heat.
the best part of job is time off.
Pros
time off
Cons
work short handed all the time
Fast paced
Technician (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OK3 April 2017
I started as a tire tech,a job opening presented as a technician! I accepted the job,purchased a tool box with tools and ended up being a very reliable and dependable technician. I was always on the leaders score board for hours flagged!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Trainee Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape3 April 2017
The time i spent at this company was filled with great experience and a lot of learning, for a person who was coming fresh from tertiary. The experience i acquired made me a better person and to have a knowledge on how to get things done.
productive and good employees
MANAGER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 March 2017
This company was a great place for drivers as all they asked is to do your job and they let you be. When I was promoted to Warehouse manager they let me fix the warehouse to make it function more efficiently. Sales was my favorite part of this job and most of the people I still talk to today.
Pros
Great for Sales
Cons
People in wrong positions
My experience at Firestone I will discuss if there's an interview involved.
Warehouse Festoon Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 2nd Avenue28 March 2017
I loved the worked involved, having more than 2 days of a week it gave more time for my other interest. Warehouse would go from cold to extreme hot.
Pros
Work indepently
Long hours and raises are non existant.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL27 March 2017
Worked for Firestone for 4 years as a technician. Received one raise during that time for $.75 cents. They schedule you for 11 hour shifts a day and expect you to stay later. No work/life balance. They do pay well for the services you perform ( LOF, aligns, rotations) if you are flat rate. Just make sure that you get the most dollars you can when you start because you'll be lucky if you get a raise.
Pros
Services pay well.
Cons
No raises, long work days.
A place where you make your own career
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN27 March 2017
At Bridgestone, you have the ability to make your own career. Bridgestone gives you the opportunity to develop yourself and build upon experiences within the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval