Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Quality company with competitive pay and benefits.
STRATEGIC NATIONAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN15 January 2018
Bridgestone has a wide array of opportunities with competitive pay and benefits. Chance of advancement within and throughout the enterprise. I worked for a company (Speedco, non-core Bridgestone Company) that was purchased and then sold by Bridgestone. Bridgestone culture is professional. Bridgestone allowed for the opportunity to grow professionally and develop strong customer relationships within the trucking/transportation industry. Overall an enjoyable company to work for.
Pros
Professional atmosphere.
Cons
Current hiring freeze.
Overall Good Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN13 January 2018
Started out as Tire Manager. After 1 year moved over to service manager. paid by the hour. some times worked split shift. mandatory overtime. Good local management. Great loyal customers. Low pay for job responsibilities.
Pros
Great co-workers, tire spiffs, Benifits advancement.
Cons
lazy techs, some times 7 day work weeks low pay poor raises.
Fun but very stressful
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Greenwich, RI12 January 2018
It was very fun to work there at first they seemed really interested to show me the job and advance me then they decided to teach me more to advance then they catered to the other guy in my position. Giving him normal hours days off paid an I would be denied an worked 80 hours a week. It was to much for me
Cons
Short breaks, stressful environment, cutthroat
good benifits
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL11 January 2018
Started as a great company to grow with, company now hires outside managers to manage teammates that have worked years of their lives with the hope of advancements. this is the only reason to consider other avenues of employment.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no advancement
Crecimiento profesional
Jefe de Compras Locales (Former Employee) –  Carabobo11 January 2018
Excelente multinacional de las mejores, crecimiento profesional y oportunidades de desarrollo.
Pros
El talento humano es lo primero para ellos.
Cons
Para mi ninguno
Would not recommend to anyone.
Auto Technician - B Class (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NY11 January 2018
Too many hours, no pay. You get paid based on a set rate for EACH type of job you do instead of a fate hourly wage. So you can work 60 hours but only make 30 hours of pay. It's ridiculous!

Employees are always grumpy.and very competitive.

Hardest part of the job, standing n your feet for 10 hours a day.

Nothing is enjoyable at the job.
Benefits
Cons
Flag rate Pay
Great company and great people, but not perfect.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OH11 January 2018
I work in the call center in Ohio and I'm the first to admit it's not perfect, but the leadership team is driven to improve the company. Lots of people have been working here for 20, 30 or even 40 years. There's a reason for that.
The money is decent with lots of opportunity for advancement. It's the company policy to promote from within when possible and all positions are posted internally before external candidates are contacted.. And the benefits are some of the best I've seen outside of Cleveland Clinic. They offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and a sweet discount at Firestone stores.
Also the company culture is unlike anything I've ever seen. While there are some exceptions, the leadership team really tries to make everyone feel like they matter. Including providing lunch/dinner to the entire staff several times a year, organizing department functions (potlucks, celebrating birthdays, etc.) and monthly raffles and donating the proceeds to the United Way.
But it's not all fun and games, make no mistake, the work can be challenging and everyone is expected to pull their own weight and there is certainly room for improvement; but show me a job that's perfect - go ahead, I'll wait.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers, nice culture, growth opportunity.
Cons
Some difficult supervisors, frustrated customers calling
Grande Empresa para se trabalhar
Coordenador de Vendas (Former Employee) –  Alphaville, SP10 January 2018
- Bom desenvolvimento profissional
- Boa avaliação da equipe de gestão
- Ótima politica de salários.
Pros
politica salarial
Cons
Outras Oportunidades
Nice work environment
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MA9 January 2018
Some days can be slow or busy, depending on customers. Can't rely on management to keep their word on making a fair schedule for part-time employees with busy college schedules.
Back stabbing
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Kings Mtn, NC9 January 2018
They called me into the office and said I am not firing you. Then they escorted me out and asked for my badge. I applied for unemployment and won because they fired me for no reason.
Pros
Cons
Back stabers
Good place to work but..
IT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 January 2018
Benefits are good but the whole environment is political, especially in Information Technology. A lot of "lip service" but very little genuine follow-up. The CEO and COO appear to really care about the teammates but middle management is more geared to moving up the ladder. Some are good at developing their direct reports, others not so. Overall I give it a 3 out of 5.
Work Life Balance
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN6 January 2018
The people are great! Work life balance is great! Management is not always aligned across all groups. It can be great or terrible depending on your manager.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement opportunities
Relatively good place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 January 2018
Good or not so good depends on yourself, dept, manager, and work.

Good career opportunities.
Better work experience than most.
Recent experiences with management were not so good.
Good products.
Diversified business with tires, synthetics, roofing, sporting, other.
Diversifying further with new unrelated ventures.
Transitions in upper management with several new faces from outside the tire industry provide new business aims.
Significant business reorganization in 2016-17. Read in media. Recently defined restructure of employee job descriptions, on-boarding, and skill sets for mysuccessfactors may be a problem for some employees.
Business units within the organization receive different incentives.
confirm before hire.
New incentives for top performers. Not certain how this affects non-top performers.

If you influence the bottom line, you should thrive.
Pros
good foundation and good experience
Cons
shifting tide
Electrical Engineering co-op (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TN5 January 2018
Good work environment, expect to be challenged with your work. Primary responsibility is assisting maintenance and preparing for plant shutdowns which are your larger projects.
workplace culture
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, USA3 January 2018
I have heard this company has very good new building for stakeholders!
Globally, they contribute to all group comapnies with sales, profit, talents, new market exploring.
great work experience
Regional Fleet Manager - Southeast (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL3 January 2018
this was the best job of my career and I wish I never had to leave it behind. fun place to work with great camaraderie among peers and management. excellent learning environment.
Pros
R&d
Cons
cannot think of one
na
Material Handler - Distribution Center (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL3 January 2018
Hostile environment. Work was very demanding with little benefit . Very aggressive and demanding at all times. breaks were straggled with no consistency.
Cons
Allot of work for little money
Terrible
WAREHOUSE OPERATING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TN3 January 2018
Management only cares about themselves, if you are only looking for a paycheck great but anything else go somewhere else. They get BIG bonuses for your work
Pros
check
Cons
hard work, long hours, no respect
Muy bueno
Técnico set up (Former Employee) –  Costa Rica3 January 2018
Excelente ambiente laboral muy confortable y muchas posibilidades de crecimiento.
Looking for career change
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA2 January 2018
Productive and fun to work. Learned a lot through training over the years.Met wonderful people and i excelled in customer service.Looking for career change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.