Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Culture d'entreprise
Cadre commercial (Current Employee) –  Lyon (69)22 August 2017
Une forte culture est née dès la creation de Bridgestone au Japon, et celle-ci perdure depuis 87 ans, les employés Bridgestone sont fière de leur entreprise.
Very good employer with excellent pay / benefits.
Production Manager / Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK20 August 2017
If your not afraid of the heat or getting dirty this is a highly rewarding job with excellent pay and benefits. Good, diverse management team. Good opportunity for advancement with hard work.
OK overall
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA19 August 2017
Like the benefits and vacation that is accrued right away. Most days very busy, comprised of a lot of oil changes and tire rotations. Long hours and weekend work is required. Managers are not professional, and need more training on how to lead a team. Like the company overall.
Pros
benefits and discount on tires
Cons
long hours, poor managers
A munkahely nem rossz.
Gépkezelő/Targoncás (Former Employee) –  Környe18 August 2017
A kollegák segítőkészek.
A vezetőség pocsék finoman szólva...bár csak műszak vezetői szintig.
Good
Sr.Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN18 August 2017
Great place to work !!

We are treated like family. I've worked at companies where you're just another number...
It feels great to work with such great smart people.
I'm always learning something new every day.
Great atmosphere and place to further your career.
Premier Place To Work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 August 2017
Great company and great coworkers. Loved working with everyone and learned a lot. The culture was great and everyone was able to have fun while they worked.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
some management
Great Place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NC14 August 2017
As a Retiree at Bridgestone I really enjoyed my employment at Bridgestone Firestone. Worked there for 30 years. Did numerous jobs including working in the Final Inspection, Curing, Bead Room and Stock Cutting Departments.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Schedule
enjoyed working with coworkers and management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 August 2017
Learned how to calculate year end bonuses for the RoadKing/Dayton Dealers. Enjoyed the challenges of making sure the invoices where correct and to apply the payments to correct invoices before sending to accounts payable. Hardest part of the job was leaving
Pros
learning
excelente
Secretária da Gerência (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ13 August 2017
Empresa multinacional ótima para se trabalhar, pena que fechou no estado do RJ
Pros
ambiente de trabalho
Cons
nenhum
Dont pay well for the industry
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK12 August 2017
Micro Management, supervisors with no people skills or knowledge of industry practices on the safety of the public. just out to make money. not a good place to work
Career Focused!
Manager of Vehicle Services (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, IL9 August 2017
This company is a national company who appreciates their employees. They are willing to train you in the newest methods to do your job. This is a place that you go to create a career for yourself!
Good pay
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NC8 August 2017
Good pay, not family friendly. Which is how most manufacturing plants operate. This place offers advancement and the overall climate is good. Just not the "fit" for me,
Fun with music!
Automotive Tire Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL8 August 2017
I love working for Bridgestone, that being said I do not like working at my current location because of some downfalls with management. My co-workers are one of the greatest people I will ever work with as we help each other no matter what one another is doing. They take the time out of their day and help you out or show you new things and they will never hesitate to teach you something that you want to learn i.e shocks/struts, brake replacement, battery changes, etc. The benefits to this place are great, my favorite thing about this company is if you are wanting to become a mechanic they will pay for your ASE classes and certifications which you will get a bonus pay plus a pay raise depending on how many ASE certifications you acquire. This type of business is what we call a self-serve business meaning if you want your paycheck to look great you have to be very motivated and self-starting because it all depends on how much productivity you can do within the week, pay is weekly as well so that is a plus. Starting pay is great and also negotiable.
Pros
Starting pay, pay weekly, great environment, learn about cars.
Cons
Current management, time constraints, almost no life/work balance.
A good experience for a Fresh Gradutate
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Pampanga Philippines8 August 2017
A typical day at work is always a new things for me as I am freshly graduated by this time.

I have learned the basic knowledge over the real world of job contrary to what you have learnt from the school

Our bosses are Chinese and they are very kind to Filipinos.
They care about the wellfare of their employees

Working with a Familiy of Chinese is very overwhelming as this is my first job at that time and they are good.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I keep learning new things with my boss and to my collegues

The most hardest part is when you are trying to reach your quota sales each month.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IA2 August 2017
Other than being located in a small rural town in Iowa and a commute of 50 plus minutes to work, the job is amazing. The culture and the people make coming to work excellent and easy. The job is interesting and challenging, but help is always around when you need it. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the Iowa winters and the travel. While traveling, days in the plant can be long (10-12 hours), and you can be away from home up to three weeks at a time.
Absolute Terrrible Place To Be
Service Advisor and Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC1 August 2017
I unfortunately wasted 8 years of my life at a Firestone in Wilmington, NC. Worked every Saturday and almost every Sunday of those 8 years as well. While being paid very little for the amount of work asked for. Benefits are poor. Went through 10-15 store managers/assistant managers/tire managers. I should have left that place a long time ago. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Love My job
Tire Tech (Current Employee) –  Tennessee1 August 2017
Never a dull day. Great pay great hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is working alone at my own pace. Management is great. Hardest part is being away from family so much working 12 hour shifts.
Stressfull
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Brits North West1 August 2017
Long hours work, always on standby. Perfect place to get training and prepare for any other company. Japanese based company with their work methods excellent and work ethic very good.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Great people to work with.
Set-Up Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TN30 July 2017
I spend time educating the newer employes on the proper ways to assemble tires. I troubleshoot quality issues with our product. One of the hardest yet most satisfying part of my job would be listening and being a filter to the people that are responsible for the assembling process of the tire. This process is very demanding physically and mentally. I respect my management team and they work well with the hourly employes. Ifeel most of the employes at the Warren Plant do the best that they can to meet the production and quality expectations. I feel we all are safety minded and generally care for each other and the company.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Physically demanding.
Dinamismo
VP Finance LA (Former Employee) –  Nashville26 July 2017
Cambio de cultura organizacional en proceso.......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval