BROADSPECTRUM Employee Reviews

Unstructured
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand31 August 2017
Needs better structure, no team leader, no management locally (only in Australia) has made the team defunct with people turning up late every day and not taking responsiblility
Pros
Some great people
Cons
The structure.
An interesting place to work
Billing support co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sawyers Arms Road Christchurch15 August 2017
I work at Broadspecrtum not only because I enjoy the environment and people but I felt I needed the stimulation .
A typical day is spent working with the team to determine the best way forward to complete the days tasks.
The complexity of the job means we discuss a lot of aspects of the billing procedure as the job requires us to work within the confines of the codes work the Tech will do .
the people are great to work with and we have an great time, but because Broadspectrum is a large multi national company the little people do get forgotten .
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor pay for the job required
In-house promotions supported
Despatch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand7 February 2017
Great place to work with Fantastic people.
High pressured workflow which didn't allow for work/life balance.
Long hours and minimal public holidays available due to being a 24hr, 7 day service.
Change in higher Management which impacted the teams as no support was given.
Pros
Fun people, Penal rates paid for overtime/weekend work
Cons
Long hours, minimal holidays
ok place to work,but not that satified as there is no in house training
Driver/labourer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury24 January 2017
good guys to work for but needs more communication,there is no in house training for the new guys they employ which leaves more pressure on the guys that,s been there for a w.hile
Pros
free breakfasts
Cons
not payed enough
Productive and challenging
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington28 November 2016
The engineering department at broadspectrum is a hard working unit that has a massively variant work load.
There is very little guidance and you are often left to your own devices.This has its obvious pros and cons
Our management encourages productivity but doesn't appreciate hard work.
Co-workers enjoy a laugh and are all hard working.
Cons
Little appreciation for work commitment & excessive hours
Fast paced and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 May 2016
Fast changing environment. Wide exposure to commercial accounting, internal control process improvement and project management knowledge. Great team to work for, who play hard and work hard.
Busy.
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG15 September 2015
Busy workplace with interesting and exciting colleagues, very repetitive with miserable customers. Not enough employees for the amount of work we have. I enjoy working with customers in a different manner.
Pros
Good experience and a good job.
Cons
Very repetitive work.
Productive workplace
Designer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket Auckland31 August 2015
For the most part a fun place to work. I learned a tremendous amount of people skills as well as AutoCAD design systems with the guidance of my colleagues. A good life balance place to work.
productive
Traffic management (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, N10 August 2015
a great place to work and an exceptional group to work for. Reward comes in the form of the residents, whom are engaging, such as giving me tips for my own gardens
Pros
good enviroment to work in
Cons
a long drive home
Work Environment was good
Fibre Technician (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, New Zealand2 June 2015
I learnt a fair bit at Transfield, they took me through a lot of courses to ensure I was up to date with safety regulations. Most enjoyable part of the job was the bunch of guys I worked with. always a laugh on any site we visited during the day.
Well formed team with a good balance of knowledge
Renewals/Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand30 April 2015
The team was dedicated, well balanced and ambitious. A typical day at work will include morning reading news with everyone, discussing world agendas. After which all supervisors will head to sites with managers left behind to work away. It was learnt through this job that the traditional way of doing construction works can be improved for the better outcome of the contract and that people are willing to listen as long as you appreciate their input.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a fun team to work with, flexible in terms of hours and ways to carry out tasks.
Pros
Good salary package, good team, good manager
Good starting point to learn the local network
Designer (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, N24 March 2015
The day starts by deploying the scheduled jobs to IP tech and OP tech. Handing out job packs and giving them the materials. A briefing on the job and reminders regarding health and safety before they leave the yard. Back in my desk, I update my email and clients regarding there respective request and other queries. Start design on the new request that just came in and submit design with pricing.
Approved designs will be scheduled as per requested RFS dates and materials will be ordered. Required coordination form various groups such as NOC and local council will be put ahead of work schedule.
Before the day ends, all worked dispatched must be updated and closed for invoicing. I may sound like a one man team, but that is my responsibility as a Designer. It does go beyond, but I love it. The responsibility of designing, building and knowing the revenue of my project is a great reward for me.
Pros
I have a company car.
Site Engineer / Surveyor for PSMC Project in Bay of Plenty / NZ
Surveyor/ Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, NZ8 January 2015
Transfield Service Ltd won a 10 years PSMC contract to construct, improve and maintain all roads of Western Bay of Plenty District Council. The budget was M$300 divided into 10 segments to construct and maintain 300 Km of roads, intersections, traffic lights, slips, guard rails, retaining walls and drainage. In 2011 I became member of management team of this contract after I finished Road Asset Management study course.

Main Duties and Responsibilities

• Topo and Surveying set out for all projects.
• Create 3d model for the existing ground before construction.
• Create 3d model for the design surface from the plans and other data.
• Estimate and control the quantities of earthworks cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Create full set of As-built drawing after construction.
• Software’s (Civil 3d, AutoCAD, Civil CAD, 12d Module).
• Project progress reporting between project manager and site staff.
• Quality Assurance testing and recording string line sheets, water content and density.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Ensure sub-contractors compliance with plans and specifications of the project.
• Supervise the work progress of road construction by the sub-contractors and our site team.
• Prepare daily reports to the project manager using the company software.
• Identify measure and claim for variation works.
• Monitor the condition of the road asset and update the RAMM database.
• Evaluate the performance and conditions of roads to update maintenance plan.
• Estimate, measure and control the quantities of earthworks
  more... cut/fill and pavement aggregate layers.
• Prepare daily report of project progress and send to the project manager and ensure that the site teams are working according to the project timeframe.
• Evaluate team performance during and after construction period.
• Discuss with the design team any change of design required in the project.
self management encouraged
construction supervisor (Former Employee) –  west waikato5 October 2014
Good culture, great ideas however runaway train issues.
Safety outlook is good in theory ...but.?
Pros
good cameraderie and trust.
Cons
attempts to improve stifled somewhat
What you learned
Customer Service Officers (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand2 July 2014
I learn that in this company the management are good people and they only want the best for you and the company.
Pros
Wear mufty every Friday
Cons
Cannot reach the contractor
Stable employment,always work available
Telecom Technician (Current Employee) –  Tauranga New Zealand9 May 2014
I was dispatched my work,and was able to manage my own workload.The job is interesting because there always variety in the job,meeting customers and traveling to different locations.
I have also had some further experience of Fiber optic.The co workers are very friendly and helpful and reliable,so its a pleasure to work with them.
Hardest part of the job is preserving electronic equipment in the harsh external environment which happens at certain times of the year.Overall I enjoy the variation of the job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Uncertain finish times
Transfield, Only a stepping stone into NZ
Fibre Optic Technichian (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand3 May 2014
Senior Management don't really know what they're doing and only care about the bottom line. Career progression is almost non existent, unless you want to wait until people above you retire.
Pros
Co-workers, allowed to get on with work without interference, opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Senior management, lack of career progression.
Enjoyable place to work. Great balance of professionalism, challenge, humour and team work
Design Assistant/TMAT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand27 April 2014
A typical day at work requires great time management skills and a focus on achieving results. It helps to have a supportive management structure as our office does. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to interact with colleages in different departments, the great sense of camarderie we share and the ability to work cohesively as a team in order to achieve the desired results. The most challenging aspect of my job would be having time off as the workload doesn't do the same! I've been fortunate enough to work with very experienced people in this industry and being apart of the Design and Build department has afforded me the opportunity to further expand on my technical knowledge within the Telecommincations sector.
It was a good placed to work
Dispatch Centre Team Leader / IT Support (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, S1 September 2013
There was a good team of people at Transfield Services and I enjoyed my time there.
A lot of very good people work there
Senior QA/QC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  new Plymouth26 May 2013
Frenetic work pace
Gained valuable experiences in QA/QC
Excellent people worked well together
Minimal lessons learnt processes
Really enjoyed the variety of work
Pros
Able to work with wide variety of people
Cons
mutual respect for experience was not forthcoming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BROADSPECTRUM. Our community is ready to answer.