Cardno Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun work place
Administrative Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GA31 October 2017
Cardno is a great place to work. You are defiantly able to grow within you career of choice in addition to your personal goals. I would refer anyone who is team orientated.
Average Workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI7 October 2017
Cardno, is a pretty typical workplace, with some issues that could be smoothed out if management had the time to do so. The communication was not a strength, and there were many last minutes changes to projects, which made for a lot of back and forth on whether or not there would be work available for the next week.

With that being said, the work environment and culture is enjoyable, and the compensation is decent for the field overall. Cardno is a good stepping stone for someone looking to learn more about CRM and Ecological Restoration.
Pros
Good People and Education Opportunities
Cons
Poor Communication and Project Management
grew fast and over-extended
Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  Florida20 September 2017
Bought smaller firms and grew quickly. Currently in a state of flux and trying to go after new markets in the US. Overall a good company, might be better in a few years.
Bad management
Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 September 2017
A company that lost its way along the road of mergers. Apart from the employees who you work with daily management had a lot to answer for and that included the board.
Large Public Company with a lot of changes ongoing
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 August 2017
I loved the people that I worked with in my division. I wish there had not been so many changes at corporate and that more attention and conversations could have been discussed with local branches.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
A lot of turnover in people and offices
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Had to work under alot of deadlines.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  I worked from home24 July 2017
I enjoyed working for Cardno for the 11 years I was there. They were a good company, but I was laid off due to financial cutbacks. I had two managers during my time at Cardno and both were very good to me.
Pros
was always told what a good job I did by my managers
Cons
was laid off without any notice or warning
god place to work
Senior Field Technician / Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  midwest, united states23 May 2017
good place to work, thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company lots of traveling to cool remote sites all around the state. Lots of growth and certification opportunities.
Productive and friendly work environment.
Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL7 March 2017
The crew I was assigned to would go to the work site and perform the task required of us that day. These tasks included taking measurements of existing structures, providing grades for roadways, assigning points for structures to be placed or moved, and many other survey related aspects of the construction process. I learned much about how time management is a crucial element in completing a project and that every worker must do their job correctly or it could cause issues in the future. I also learned how to operate complex surveying equipment and proper safety procedures according to OSHA standards. The management at Cardno, Inc. was friendly and did an excellent job of helping me transition into the position by learning from veterans of the job. Everybody at the company got along and worked as a team to ensure that projects were completed in a timely and professional manner. The hardest part of the job for me was adjusting to being outside constantly and exercising caution with heat, but it also became an enjoyable part of the job as I became accustomed to it. What I enjoyed most while working at Cardno, Inc. was the camaraderie that I had with my coworkers and working with the equipment such as the GPS using PDOP and the laser scanner used to make a 3D model of the work site.
Pros
Gained knowledge about construction processes and operated complex surveying equipment.
Cons
Exposed to some moderate weather occasionally and consistent sun rays.
Good place to do good work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  United States23 February 2017
Great work/life balance. Management treats employees as partners rather than as production cogs. Unfortunately, due to development of single organizational structure, advancement opportunities are not great at this time. This negative is understandable given that Cardno in the US is actually a bunch of different companies which have been purchased in the last decade and they are finally integrating them all into one organizational structure.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Its a job, but its harder do to being so unorganized
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Florida17 February 2017
I started with company working on an inspection contract. Pay was LOW for the job, but they never complained about over time. We lost the contract, and they offered to cross train, but never really did. The project managers and business unit managers have no organizational skills. On the plus side, they will keep you working, but it will be digging holes, or cutting survey line.
Pros
Over Time, people
Cons
Disorganized, low pay, no drive by managers to get out of the comfort zone getting new work
Excellent company
Draftsman / Designer (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD2 January 2017
An extremely good company to work for. Value each and every staff member and provide a perfect work life balance. I would recommend working for Cardno to anyone interested
Pros
Environment
Terrible management. Unfair.
Sue tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Cranberry township, pa4 October 2016
Neglect to raises. Hire on people with very little experience at a higher pay than people who actually know what they are doing. 1 day notice prior to out of town travel if you are lucky.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Bad management
Get company to work for if interested in getting onto construction sites
Soil Technician (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW20 September 2016
Fun job to get into always having a laugh with my co wokers but getting the job done at the same time.

Typical day at work usuall is strolling into the lab getting all my gear set up and ready to start the day. Testing is quite a laid back job but you do need to ensure all testing is done correctly as a slight mistake to lead to a big situation.

To wrap it up, all staff and managers are awsome and easy to get along with making it a treat to work with this company.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Massive hours
Discipline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 September 2016
I had a good supervisor and i managed to travel to many places on construction & site review. Good place to work. My departmement has been eliminated due to oil field cutbacks. Cardno/PPI has decided to get out of the engineering construction business and sold this portion of the company to a senior officer and the division will now focus on deep foundations only.
Pros
Good Supervisor
great place
Civil Mapping Sr. Civil Designer/AUTO CAD Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 September 2016
good people great place to work nice office, great location with good shopping. very flexible schedule, get to work from home at least a few times a week.
Chaotic and unstable
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA23 August 2016
Extremely chaotic and disjointed. Heavy internal focus at the expense of actually serving the client. This company has been going through a lot of change for quite some time now. If you are looking for a stable environment, this is not the place.
Very productive and laid back office
Civil Designer (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL29 May 2016
Great place to work, and a lot of educational classes and web teachings. Company cares for workers education and knowledge
Pros
Free weekly lunch meetings
Productive company in research groups
Lead Field Researcher (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA10 May 2016
Working alongside environmental company as an outside consultant recording observations, samples and specimens gathered in fieldwork. As the lead field researcher I created project timelines, ensured the quality of the data, managed communications from the work group to the project manager, supervised fieldwork and trained support staff.
Pros
Ability to work on your own
Cons
Unclear about project between management and supervisors
Ineffective in collaborative team environment
Initial site visits and client liaison (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2016
Ineffective in collaborative team environment subcontracting smaller businesses and representing the job as their own.
The office environment is unchallenged, primitive with tons of office politics.
Good job
Cash applications coordinator/Treasury clerk (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO16 March 2016
It was a nice place to work, however not enough work and easy layoff's. Was disorganized and didn't not allow for advancement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardno. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6