Dell Employee Reviews

Empresa de oportunidades
Representante Interno de Vendas - Efetivo (Former Employee) –  Eldorado do Sul, RS22 February 2018
Cultura muito forte da empresa e oportunidade de crescimento.
Dell cares about people, and they show it
Project Program Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN22 February 2018
I spent 15.5 years until my division closed. I was offered other positions both in Nashville and other locations in and outside of the US. My part time food truck business got so popular, I opened a restaurant. They treat their people very well and understand a company is only as good as it's people.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, pay
Cons
Fast paced ever changing environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX22 February 2018
I was never bored working at Dell, I will always be proud to say I worked at Dell for over 17 years, in IT. When I started working at Dell I didn't think I would stay more than two years, I never wanted to leave.
Great people and work space
Law Clerk/ Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
I enjoyed every minute of my time at Dell. Although it was short it was sweet. The people that I had the time to work with, were so helpful and always treated me like a full time employee.
Don't accept a position if your manager is not an American
Lead Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TX21 February 2018
Non-American managers are not good. Communication/collaboration is very poor. Don't expect replies to emails or IM messages if you are a contractor. Don't expect your managers to attend a meeting if you have sent an invite.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Worst Non-American managers. No appreciation of work.
productive and fun culture
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  india21 February 2018
great place to work, they have their own gym, staff is very friendly.
In build canteen and rest room. lots of facilities and overall a good place to work at.
Pros
gym, canteen
Cons
night shifts
Job Security
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJ21 February 2018
With recent reduction in force is a concern for job security. Management speaks about transformation of the business, agile development, DevOps, how actions still are about pushing the hardware and not leading with solutions
Great company
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT21 February 2018
Great company to work for. Great benefits and life work balance. Management for the product I worked for treated everyone like family. Onsite cafe and gym.
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 February 2018
As in most large corporations, there were both good and bad managers, but 2 of the 3 I experienced were above average. Forward thinking with remote working environment led to a good overall culture and environment .
Great company to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts21 February 2018
The culture is work hard - play hard. This is a great company to work for - good benefits and pay. Advancement is good but you need to work hard for it.
Dell
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu21 February 2018
Over all happy with Dell but now need to move to next level in career and look for relocation.
Good Technologies.
Great domain exposure.
I would recommend other to work for Dell.
A fast paced IT environment.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Apex, NC21 February 2018
This is a business environment that that operates 24 hours on normal working days.
It has also time deadlines requiring working over holidays and weekends.
it has a work [population of about a thousand and need of security provisions to track entry and exits.
This is mainly contract based engagement and the beauty part of it is that the workforce are self motivated and knowledgeable.They understand the operations and essense of teamwork and production.
Work from home
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka21 February 2018
As a working mother , I am highly benefited from company providing Work from home option which also saves time in commuting. It depends on manger if you can get Work From Home option or not.
Pros
work from home
Cons
less bonus
a job work/life balance
Senior Regional Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
salary is ok, however job security is bad and the management is lost the vision of future development, since the market is shifting from tradition SAN to cloud and virtualization, the company act slowly.
Great Company but a colt like culture
Technical Solutions Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 February 2018
• Configured converged and hyper converged server solutions for data center infrastructures.
• Develop accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
• Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
• Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Poor Management Style
Senior Project Manager - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  London, Gobal21 February 2018
Management are sub-standard in certain areas. Employee's are not treated fairly in some respects.

Teams, PM's, Technical etc are profressional, supportive and friendly. The teams within this organisation are A+++
Pros
Teams, training, customers
Cons
Management style and unprofessional
Great Place to Work if You Love Being with a Market Leader
Director Global Operations, Customer Programs (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MA20 February 2018
I actually worked at EMC and just for Dell a short time after acquisition, but it is a fast-paced, giant corporation which provides lots of opportunity and excellent benefits.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Outstanding Opportunities
Cons
Highly Political Environment
Money to be made if you are willing to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN20 February 2018
This job can be enjoyable if you find yourself in the right division. Make sure you can network if you want to move around within the company. It's not what you know but rather who you know.
Positive People
Service Delivery Manager, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX20 February 2018
Dell has a unique work environment that allows you to work from home considerably. The work / life balance needs improvement. Some managers are not very supportive of commitments outside of work.
Work and friendly environment
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 February 2018
Working in Dell is like friendly environment and culture is good recently they changed the policies of Cab and food services . But as a company it's good to work.
Pros
Cabs
Cons
No food coupons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K