Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

Good equipment, reasonable hours
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Wellington, ParaparaumuApril 4, 2016
Vehicle check before leaving the yard
Got the gear needed for the job
Communication was the key to the job & working together as a team

Management was mostly punctual & on time unless was called out to an emergency like an accident ect.

Co workers were good but you have up's & down's now & then.

Hardest part of the job was to think on your feet in a dire situation & explaining it through to your team so everybody knows exactly where to be & what their roll is. There's also heavy lifting involved, set up & break down of site's. Knowing the measurements of road length & signs. Safety of your team, clients & the public.

Enjoyable part of the job is that your outside & at a different site everyday to change of scenery. Also when everyone knows what the plan is & what they are doing it's easy going.
Pros
Lunch breaks were given when needed & the crew were well to work with.
Fun work
Construction worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, CanterburyMay 26, 2016
- Every morning you'd have to be highly motivated.
- You learn how new things every now and then
- managing to finishing a task you set can be difficult sometimes when you have unexpected barrier in the road
- working alongside a bunch of good co-workers is always the best.
- The hardest part of the job, I'd say is trying to complete a set goal.
- But the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd say is heads down work completing a job in the time given.
Pros
When our project manager shouts lunch
good people
Cleaner/general labourer/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Balclutha, OtagoSeptember 1, 2016
while working at Fulton Hogan I found the people there were good to work with easy to get along with 99% of the management were good but like most work places there is always the ones who aren't so nice to deal with. if your looking for a good work place give FH a go
Pros
good peope to work with
Cons
some times the hours can be a killeron the home life
Management were Brilliant
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  AucklandJuly 17, 2016
Early starts, out on site, wait for Engineers, City Council to approve the road is ready to be sealed. Prep the enclosure. And then wait.

Team work is always in place as Safety is priority. Dealing with the public is constantly a mission And going home to my family is the best part of my day.
Pros
Monthly BBQ
ok
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  New ZealandJune 26, 2016
It was work, but a better opportunity arose for me to relocate to perth so I took it.
Fulton Hogan is a great company unfortunately NZ's economy is not
Pros
income
Cons
workhard and long hours for an average wage
It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, HornbyOctober 16, 2015
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual
If you're injured look for another job!
Apprentice carpenter (Former Employee) –  Southland InvercargillNovember 7, 2015
I worked for Fulton Hogan for approximately 3 years as a apprentice carpenter in the Civil Building Division located in Southland. At first the job was really great and I made a lot of really close friends. Things changed when I was injured on site which resulted in a severe back injury which required surgery. The management tried to cover up my injury stating that it did not happen at work. When I thought things couldn't get worse a FH manager took on himself visiting me uninvited at my house and accusing me of lying about my injury. After my back surgery I found out that the Regional Manager attempted to use character assassination which isolated me from my work friends. FH management didn't take the time to support me and my family when I was injured instead they just attacked my credibility as a person. I would not recommend working for the Southland Branch. I have talked to many senior management at FH which stated that the Southland branch is is known as the wild wild West with making up their own rules. My advice is not to be injured on the job if you are do not get FH to manage your ACC entitlements. Instead just say you injured yourself at home and have ACC manage your Injury.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad management practices
Good, experienced people
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Nouvelle ZĂ©landeDecember 3, 2015
It's been good working for Fulton Hogan, they make you feel part of the FH family and invest in you with lots of training and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
Pros
People, work ethics
Cons
Salary
amazing work place
traffic control / subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, SOctober 30, 2015
i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support
Pros
free snacks on trainning coarses
Cons
i didnt have any
FULTON HOGAN
Traffic Controller, Road Works (Former Employee) –  Penrose, AucklandSeptember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses.
Overall Satisfaction 8/10
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.
Cons
Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.
Awesome ground crew
Ground crew (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, WellingtonNovember 9, 2015
Can be good Company to work for, but old gear tho in Wellington . Can be sum long days. The ground crews are good to work with.
Pros
Good ground crews
Cons
Management not the best, company very top heavy
worked for this company for number of years
Driver (Current Employee) –  invercargillAugust 21, 2012
I found the workers to be good mates but management not good at all low wages long hours no recognition for the work we do low staff morale and this is a new zealand company no wonder they have a high staff turnover management needs to wake up otherwise there will be no one left including me this place used to be a good place to work but in the last few years under the curent management its been about the almighty dollar it used to be about the staff and family i hope they see this and make some changes but i doubt it
Pros
going home
Cons
long hours had to take extra work to pay the bills
good enviroment with zero harm culture
operator specialist (Former Employee) –  taranaki new zealandFebruary 28, 2013
good enviroment with zero harm culture, co workers are hard working.Management were good.Hardest part of the job was working in the heat.Got to see the country side.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Not a good place to work
Maintance (Former Employee) –  SouthlandJune 3, 2013
I just left this company after working there for the last 10 years.
I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.Nobody in management seems to no what they doing wages very low.No training keeped asking to learn new things never happened.Time to move on
Cons
Very high standard of workmanship and safety
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paraparaumu, NNovember 26, 2013
Arriving early to unlock and prepare workloads for all crews, inclusive of vehicles and machinery, location, customer and council specifications, safety traffic management, and crew, was always a delight and joyful start to each day. Knowing the right skill of each crew with their productivity and quality of their workmanship, excelling in excellence.
I also enjoyed liaising with the progression of work to engineering consultants, council consultants, customers, public, emergency services, management and staff, to give an in-depth account.
I very much enjoyed the ability to use my heavy machine operating skills, and heavy truck driving skills, to train and demonstrate the best effective usage and care, insuring safety, quality and productivity.
Pros
excellent to up skill in heavy earth machinery operations
Cons
unmotivated new staff, unqualified staff and management
productive people
Traffic control (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NOctober 24, 2013
setting up singns and cones for road layout.learnt to set up sites,management were always there,exellant co-workers,hardest part of job standing for 12 hour days enjoyable part of job was working as a team
Pros
drinks every fridays
Great place to work.
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, NMay 3, 2015
Working at Fulton Hogan has definitely changed the way I look at MTC's and just TC's in general. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lunch breaks, great hours, good people, plenty work.
Cons
Long hours and weather conditions.
productive and fun place
General Hand (Former Employee) –  Mt MaunganuiJanuary 8, 2014
long hours, good management and work mates, a lot of travelling
Dynamic company
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, NMarch 19, 2015
Meetings every morning with department managers
Help with problem solving
Do training in all departments
Team work in this company was something special
Worked long hours
Good group of people, positive atmosphere
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NJune 29, 2015
AS a practical engineer, this allowed me to develop solutions to complete each stage of the project. My close relationship with the ground crew helped to maximise productivity and quality. This has a flow on effect ensuring the project schedule is advanced.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The public

4.2