Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews in New Zealand

Awesome ground crew
Ground crew (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, WellingtonNovember 9, 2015
Can be good Company to work for, but old gear tho in Wellington . Can be sum long days. The ground crews are good to work with.
Pros
Good ground crews
Cons
Management not the best, company very top heavy
If you're injured look for another job!
Apprentice carpenter (Former Employee) –  Southland InvercargillNovember 7, 2015
I worked for Fulton Hogan for approximately 3 years as a apprentice carpenter in the Civil Building Division located in Southland. At first the job was really great and I made a lot of really close friends. Things changed when I was injured on site which resulted in a severe back injury which required surgery. The management tried to cover up my injury stating that it did not happen at work. When I thought things couldn't get worse a FH manager took on himself visiting me uninvited at my house and accusing me of lying about my injury. After my back surgery I found out that the Regional Manager attempted to use character assassination which isolated me from my work friends. FH management didn't take the time to support me and my family when I was injured instead they just attacked my credibility as a person. I would not recommend working for the Southland Branch. I have talked to many senior management at FH which stated that the Southland branch is is known as the wild wild West with making up their own rules. My advice is not to be injured on the job if you are do not get FH to manage your ACC entitlements. Instead just say you injured yourself at home and have ACC manage your Injury.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad management practices
amazing work place
traffic control / subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, SOctober 30, 2015
i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support
Pros
free snacks on trainning coarses
Cons
i didnt have any
It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, HornbyOctober 16, 2015
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual
FULTON HOGAN
Traffic Controller, Road Works (Former Employee) –  Penrose, AucklandSeptember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses.
Overall Satisfaction 8/10
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.
Cons
Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.
great workplace
Roller driver,Loader driver,Road maintainance. (Former Employee) –  Levin, NAugust 5, 2015
i would work with these people again and again.have worked in this inviroment before.and would work in it again.
\all co-workers are equal,not one on one.
Good group of people, positive atmosphere
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NJune 29, 2015
AS a practical engineer, this allowed me to develop solutions to complete each stage of the project. My close relationship with the ground crew helped to maximise productivity and quality. This has a flow on effect ensuring the project schedule is advanced.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The public
Great place to work.
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, NMay 3, 2015
Working at Fulton Hogan has definitely changed the way I look at MTC's and just TC's in general. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lunch breaks, great hours, good people, plenty work.
Cons
Long hours and weather conditions.
Honest/ Hard working
operator/Gardener (Current Employee) –  Wellington, NMarch 12, 2015
I believe in Health and Safety, Im a team player very honest
I get on well with co workers and clients and the public. Been working for Fulton Hogan nearly 4years most off this was 6 days aweek. Great company to work for and with.
form work
forms work (Former Employee) –  hutt wellingtonNovember 9, 2014
building a new roads
reinforcing,boxing,concreting and fixing hand rails
Cons
long hrs, with plenty over times
Average place to work
Truck driver and specialist operator (Former Employee) –  ChrischurchSeptember 4, 2014
We had a good verity of work what made it hard was a lack of skill of some managers trying to tell a skilled worker what to do a job
great place to work
Labourer and weed eater operator (Former Employee) –  martonJuly 5, 2014
great company to work for if ihad not mucked up id still be there now
Pros
start and end of day
Cons
great hours
productive and fun place
General Hand (Former Employee) –  Mt MaunganuiJanuary 8, 2014
long hours, good management and work mates, a lot of travelling
Temporary,Casual staff
Fulton Hogan (Former Employee) –  Frankton/ HamiltonOctober 29, 2013
General labourer,Traffic Control ,compacter,I was asign from Success Personale Lltd Employment Consultant
Pros
supply my own lunch
outdoor and learnt alot
General Hand (Former Employee) –  Porirua WellingtonOctober 20, 2013
I enjoyed it was the only girl but all the boys made me feel comfortable, I learnt alot in my time being there.
Somewhat outdated procedures but a friendly and supportive environment
Stores assistant and Hirepool administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield DunedinOctober 19, 2013
Accepting I have little knowledge of an Engineering Stores, I find the processes in place to service such a large manufacturing, maintenance and repair operation both confusing and time consuming.
Pros
good on-site training
Cons
manual issue recording system and long hours
productive and interesting
Water reticulation, machine operator (Former Employee) –  taupoAugust 12, 2013
I learned a lot about water reticulation.
My co-workers were great to work with, I learned a lot
Pros
very good place to work
Cons
temp work, not permnent
Not a good place to work
Maintance (Former Employee) –  SouthlandJune 3, 2013
I just left this company after working there for the last 10 years.
I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.Nobody in management seems to no what they doing wages very low.No training keeped asking to learn new things never happened.Time to move on
Cons

Comment – 13 June 2013

This company is not good to work for sexual harassment is very high that happened to me in Australia in NT no training and if you get injured at work you and you work mates get threatened with the sack if you report the accident ....

good enviroment with zero harm culture
operator specialist (Former Employee) –  taranaki new zealandFebruary 28, 2013
good enviroment with zero harm culture, co workers are hard working.Management were good.Hardest part of the job was working in the heat.Got to see the country side.
Pros
good pay
Cons
worked for this company for number of years
Driver (Current Employee) –  invercargillAugust 21, 2012
I found the workers to be good mates but management not good at all low wages long hours no recognition for the work we do low staff morale and this is a new zealand company no wonder they have a high staff turnover management needs to wake up otherwise there will be no one left including me this place used to be a good place to work but in the last few years under the curent management its been about the almighty dollar it used to be about the staff and family i hope they see this and make some changes but i doubt it
Pros
going home
Cons
long hours had to take extra work to pay the bills