We offer you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation dedicated to making transport in New Zealand safer for all. You could be part of our small, but professional, Corporate Services team. The role would ideally suit an Accounting Technician or someone with experience and interest in financial administrative support work. The role also includes some aspects of Human Resource work to add further interest. While being a full time role we will consider job sharing for the right candidates.
If this role appeals to you – read on!
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
To be successful in the team you will have:
- Managing the day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable process
- Coordinating information with our Payroll service
- Managing travel and other expense claim processes for the Commission
- Managing day to day asset management and database
- Providing periodic and regular reports on areas of finance and HR
- Preparing and coordinating financial documentation for audits, assisting with budget setting and helping with end-of-year accounting
- Various HR related tasks supporting new processes in recruitment and induction; performance management and remuneration.
- Various other tasks such as managing day to day liaisons with all Commission facilities.
The job specification is attached.
- An Accounting Diploma or be working towards an accounting qualification or 2 year's experience as an accounts clerk/administrator
- Medium to advanced excel skills plus experience in Microsoft office products and accounting software packages
- A demonstrated ability to provide collaborative and cooperative support to team members
- An ability to manage and progress several projects at any one time while achieving high standards
- A proven ability to use initiative and judgement to solve problems and make improvements
For further details contact Mark Turner by emailing email@example.com
The Transport Accident Investigation Commission is a standing Commission of Inquiry based in Wellington and is an EEO employer. We value our people's commitment to providing a high quality public service and can offer a competitive salary in line with experience.
Government Jobs Online - 2 years ago