2degrees Mobile
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

2degrees Mobile Management reviews

New Zealand31 reviews
- Good management
- Very good work environment
- Learning new skills

- The most enjoyable part of the job is work relationship between staff and manager.

- Very supportive team
Official response from 2degrees Mobile
5 May 2020
Hey, thanks for leaving a review with your feedback on how we're doing. We're glad you enjoyed working with us! All the best. ^Nicole
2degrees treat their staff worse than prisoners and speak to you like you are beneath management or you are a child. HR are complacent and hopeless and the Chief of Customer Care Claudine is a narcissist, had so many in tears its the worst toxic culture I have ever experienced. From office bullying, system issues and poor training, to unrealistic kpi targets you are not paid well considering their is little incentive to sell. I was there 7 years I regret every minute
I started at 2degrees in the call centre, worked my way through a number of teams before ending up in the business change team.
As a company 2degrees has changed a lot and not always for the better. The call centre is like a third world refugee centre, where as the corporate office is completely different and a great place.

The people at both offices and great but those of us that have been around a number of years have seen the decline of this company. For a company that used to offer parking allowances, good bonuses for achieving and a great culture they have certainly changed.
There is always a rumour the CEO is about to be sacked due to our continual financial loss and the drive towards sales has taken away the customer focus. If you are keen to work in sales no matter what department you actually join then this is the place for you. Numbers before aleverything.
The
Worked in their contact center for around a year. The kind of pressure they put on agents is unimaginable. Forcing the technical team to do sales has put the level of customer service to an all time low for 2 Degrees. They have started focusing more on sales rather than providing any better customer service. Due to this the level of work satisfaction is down the drains. The attrition rate is crazy, At a point there were 2 to 3 people leaving every week. They keep recruiting at least 20 people every month since that many people leave so often. I have seen my colleagues getting fired for the silliest reasons. There is no job protection. You literally always live in the fear of getting fired. They even monitor your office chats for any words that they might deem not safe for work. The worst thing is there is no what is right and wrong. It is their decision and they will stick to it (One of my friends got a warning for using LOL, i mean LOL come on seriously) They exploit the visa situation of the immigrants well to their advantage. Most of them stuck there are stuck since they are under closed work permit sponsored by 2 degrees. Just happy I had the chance to move on to a better company. PLS DO NOT EVER WORK FOR CONTACT CENTER/STORE
Pros
Big company
Cons
Bad Work culture, unachievable KPIs, Less pay, No increments ( may be 2 to 5% every year that is if you achieve their unimaginable KPIs), Overworked and underpaid
2degrees is an innovative and fast-paced company that really cares about its employees. People work hard but leadership support flexible working and work-life balance, It's easy to get things done at 2degrees and is not overly hierarchical.
Pros
Lots of Learning Good staff plan, staff phone, incentive
Cons
Too many changes! The uncertainty with jobs! The lack of communication! (the irony)
2degrees is an innovative and fast paced company that really cares about its employees. People work hard but leadership support flexible working and work life balance, It's easy to get things done at 2degrees and is not overly hierarchical.
Too many changes when new management took over and the support it has!!!
- Awards incentives were questioned

- Roles were being diminished (behind the scenes)

- No communication as to what BIG changes were happening until the day or a week before the change were to take place

- Too many BIG changes constantly! (change is good that wasn't the problem, it was the changes that were happening all the time that nobody knew about that was the problem)

- Don't be fooled either tenured staff don't get any love shown. I'd been there 3 years, some 5+ and were not communicated across with anything and what was happening with their roles

- It use to be about servicing the customers, now there is more drive on selling so the customer satisfaction was no longer the focus as much! (selling bonus's/incentives/carnival activities, prizes if a new customer/s were signed up!)
Pros
When awards was a night to recognise the hardwork, enjoy and just have fun!
Cons
Avoid privately owned "Dealer" Stores like the plague, the manager's don't care about staff at all, it's almost impossible to request cover or leave, it is also unfair because corporate retail stores get paid more and their commission scheme is better. At a dealer store you get minimum wage and an almost impossible to achieve sales target, and you have to hit the target to get your commission. Do yourself a favour and don't work for 2 degrees retail, you're better off at mcdonalds or burger king.

Tip to management: Pay your employees better and actually look after them, I've heard other staff members complain that the bossman doesn't care if you're sick and still expects you to show up. No wonder all your staff are leaving/already left.
Pros
Some workmates were cool
Cons
Managers didn't care about you, minimum wage
2 Degrees is a very employee oriented company. They focus on what you need to strive. Managers are available at all times and the support structure is there to nurture your beliefs and values. With constant training and upskilling the company is perfect for developing skills and entering the industry.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 2degrees Mobile?
Great place to work for! Awesome culture and staff to work with. Good work perks including parking allowances and bonuses. Management are good as well
it is a relatively big company, with more positions for you to start career path, yet paid not enough. hence not until you have reach to a certain level in the company, you are not paid enough. No matter how long you have stayed in the company. Typical day of working include dealing grumpy customers, customer complaints, phone issues, and selling products.
management in general is good, still depend on who is your direct manager though.
most enjoyable part of the job is all the work mates. when something went wrong, other stuff will go great. as from my experience, colleagues were amazing, and all teamed up, Which is GREAT!
Pros
staff plan, staff phone, incentive
Cons
Being a part time work from home agent, I go to the office twice a month. My review will be based on that.
The workplace is fun and upbeat and has a great management team in place. The staff are looked after well.
Excellent Environment
Excellent Management staff
Excellent Team Members
. This role involves good time management, excellent customer service skills, and a positive outlook on the job at hand
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Leave approval/denial times
The management is terrible, but they are certainly better than other companies I've worked for.
Management is good.
Co-workers are also good

Working environment is quite cultured

I have learned Lots of tools for tetsing