2evolve
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

2evolve Employee Reviews

New Zealand9 reviews
If you like suffering I'd recommend this job to you.
I worked there for about four months. I passed the four week training trail and got my salary bumped up but it was seriously hard on me. A very targets based job that's extremely difficult to reach and sometimes unfair on your numbers too. The data is outdated by a couple of months so you have a good chance of calling someone who has already cancelled their monthly donations and having to hang up without even asking- which takes your conversion rate down... Then you get a warning.
I'd seen people get huge numbers one week but do a bit poorly the next and just because of the latter week they got fired, and the same happened to me. So it's a big pressure seeing that happen.

Yeah, just refer to the title of the review and see if you want to apply.
Pros
Kfc is close
Cons
Wanting to cry when you open the door with your $75 key card
Don't care about their staff
Everyone was hired on a casual contract, which meant they could send you home if they had less work for you, instead of giving more hours to longer standing employees, they gave the hours to new employees for some reason. Never made sense. The management didn't care about us, the system was down often and we weren't paid, but told to stay and wait until it came back up
An opportunity for change and growth.
I have had the opportunity in this job to work my way up and progress very quickly with the help of my management team. From someone who had absolutely no experience in this sector I was able to come in and be nurtured whilst building up my skill set and helping me achieve the goals I have set for myself! I can genuinely say I enjoy coming into work and seeing the people I work for and with and working for amazing ngo’s. A lot of support from my team leaders and management who have helped me flourish in my career who are always approachable and accomodating. Could not recommend this job enough for people who are wanting to start a new career endeavour whilst wanting to get a bit of good karma.
Pros
Incentives, award nights once a month, work in a fun environment with people who are working together for charities
All this job taught me was to start reading employee reviews
2evolve was portrayed as a well paid professional role in a positive team environment which could not be further from the truth quite frankly.
Prior to getting the job I had to attend two long and pointless group interviews with no flexibility around my schedule whatsoever.

Once getting the job I was to start immediately. I was sat down in a room and handed a ridiculous stack of paper work including my contract. I was told that they were behind schedule and that I had to just sign all of them and fill them out quickly.

Whilst reading through my contract which is my legal right I was pushed for time and told to sign it so we could move on to training.

I had so little time in fact that I didn’t get to read the pay I was getting. Many of the employees including myself were not aware that our training wage of $19 an hour and $21 post training was a lie. We were actually being payed minimum wage plus our holiday pay every week. When I asked someone in a senior position about this they told me some manipulative excuse for why this was which made absolutely no sense.

Sadly 2evolve gets away with these things, they talk to employees like they talk to the people they call, its patronising, belittling and manipulative.

I personally spent a lot of time waiting around for long unpaid periods of time for my program to be ready. There were also times where the whole office had to wait around for hours when the system stopped working. We get told things like “you guys are lucky, you get an extra long break”.

At one point after doing well on their upgrades program I
 - more...
Cons
Everything besides some nice coworkers
A fantastic telefundraising sales company
A great company to work for. Will always be grateful for everything they taught me. They look after you and train you to become a solid sales person. Amazing!!
Absolutely Amazing to work for
I was only there for a short time but it was one of the best places I've worked for due to the fact the environment is so amazing. I will truely miss the environment and the people there
Pros
the people, coffee.. lots and lots of coffee, amazing location
Cons
can be difficult if youre not a people person
Claim it's a fun place when really.....
2 evolve claim it's a fun place to work and okay it maybe is, sit on your bum all day, as many coffees as you want, free cake and every fourth Friday, beverages and food for FREE!.... But don't be fooled, they promise you a great rate of pay, forgetting to mention that $18.09 includes your holiday pay and that also on your first two weeks pay, they take firstly $25 for your key card and second week, $75 for your headset... But that's fine because it'll jump to $20.20 after four weeks, huh yeh well good luck getting to four weeks employment with them. They expect you to forcefully get money out of pensioners, the unemployed and constantly hound them until they give in. It is awful and unnatural. Don't get me wrong, go for it and get as much money out of them as possible, that's what they do to people :-))
Pros
Free food and cake
Cons
Late finishes.
Lying workplace that pretends to be righteous.
This company will claim to provide you great hours and pay, and then slam you with 60+ hour weeks. They don't pay overtime rates.
They lie about your wages. Their stated wages include your holiday pay, according to the Bible thick employment agreement that they give you!

That, combined with bullying pensioners(no doesn't mean no there), results in you serially harassing people until they are frustrated and upset.

Don't believe that they care about 'ethical fundraising.'
Pros
Sit on your bum with cool foreigners
Cons
Deception, exploitative, and inconsiderate of donors
Fairly fun place to work
The company is one of the most sucessful of its kind but every day is a day you could lose your employment. The job relied heavly on sales and because it was phone based, I found myself frequently getting answer machines and not speaking to the supporter of the charity. I passed my probationary period and continued to work for the company for a few months before deciding to fly back to the united kingdom
Pros
free tea and coffee, nice people
Cons
harsh 100% target regulations, no care for the employee's benefit