A&W Restaurants

A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Fast paced

Job is fast paced but manageable. All depends on the management. In some stores , even tips are going bf or the management but not for the staffs. They just get 15$ per hour

ok job

it was sometimes slow, sometimes extremely busy. as a front counter staff, i had to take orders, record uber eats and doordash orders, pack orders, and give out orders. At my location, i was the only front counter person, and handling all of that by myself during a rush was extremely stressful.

Fun with friends, sucks otherwise

Joined with friends, sucks that the closing people do everything then openers come in and complain when they don’t do much. I liked the free food and drinks.

Fun place to work except for the management (on certain branch)

Work as a part-timer, it give me an exposure on how to deal with customer in professional way and how to control the crowds when it is full house. Plus, I even manage to finish the task even with the pressure keep hitting.It is fun workplace, however kinda dissapoint with the management on the branch I used to work at.

Pros

staff meals

Cons

salary to small

Loved coworkers hated customers

Was really hard to deal with the rudeness and aggression of customers. Loved my coworkers they made it a little bit more bearable but having to let customers treat employees in such a horrible manner was more than I could take.

Fast paced and customer service.

Its a good to have as a student or part time basis. Not a full time job for me. I did this for part time and was good. although not very flexible schedule at my location.

good place

It is a good place to work at. Nice people. It can be stressful when customers complain, they want to put the blame on someone and you cant argue back.

Great people to work with

A&W here in Manitowoc has great people who work there. They are kind, goofy and fun people to work with. But the management/manager is not very good. There is almost no flexibility with hours and days. When you need off for something, you almost never get off. I feel like teens get worked too much and too hard and have no life outside of work.

Agréable

J'ai quitté cette emploi a cause de l'anxiété que celle-ci me procurait. Un endroit avec beaucoup de vie j'ai tout de même aimer travailler avec eux.

Pros

Réduction sur les repas

Cons

Pas assez d'heure

Good working environment

It is great working in A& W the people are very supportive and helpful the management is great too. It is always fun working during the shift. One thing if it’s rush hour every single employee including the manager will take and give the order perfectly without getting frustrated.

Great job for high school student

Liked working here during high school, easy enough, pay was good and hours were very flexible. Management was great, very kind. Great place for your first job

A&W corporate is a joke

No room for advancement unless you want to spend time as a field trainer 90% on the road. They are close minded to good ideas. Poor restaurant layouts. Poor marketing.

Employee discount

Was fun at first but the pay is terrible and working full-time is barely liveable.The only upside is free food sometimes and employee discount. The management decided we can't take the extra food at the end of the night and would rather throw it away. Eating so much fast food not great for the health, had to getaway from it before I ended up on my 600 pound life.

Fun place to work great employees

I enjoyed being the manager. My staff were great and like family. I worked hard and enjoyed going to work everyday. Only thing I wish they had was benefits.

Stressful dead-end job

Workplace was typically understaffed with the majority of employees not caring about their job duties. Management heavily caters towards the customers every whim (even when very unreasonable) whilst undercutting employees. Typical work environment is fast-paced and stressful. Prepare to deal with rude customers and constantly being covered in grease.

Not Fun

Would not work here again. Everything is stressful and not a fun place to work. Coworkers were very nice though and good to work with. I would not work here again.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressfull

Good

Good place for student. Has decent benefits and you have to be available a certain amount of days per week. Management is nice and good to get free food

Nice place to work at; fast paced

Management is nice. Manager is understanding and nice to her employees; however, it is a tiring job as you stand for a long time every day. I do recommend the job.

Hard to maintain work life balance

I was working at a&w to get my permanent residence papers. It was hard to maintain work life balance. I worked there as an assistant maanger for almost 2 years. I used to work almost 12 hours a day on fixed salary almost 6 days a week.

If you love root beer floats this is the place for you.

I enjoyed working at A&W in Lansing. I worked as a cashier and often worked in the drive-thru window. At first I felt out of my comfort zone because I'd never worked as a cashier before but my boss gave me the confidence to try it out.

It’s a decent place to work

It’s really not a hard place to work. Sometimes it’s stressful, during rushes. Over time, though, it gets easier. Like any job, it takes time to get used to.

Pros

Good people.

Cons

Bad people, no free meals unless you’re on graveyard shift, weird hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&W Restaurants