A&W Restaurants logo
A&W Restaurants
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 3,183 reviews

Pretty average fast food job

This was the first job I ever interviewed for and I was hired after maybe three questions. After working at this location for 9 months, my experience has been okay. I didn’t love management but all of my coworkers were great people. Super flexible with scheduling which was good because I’m in school but there were periods of time where I would work just three hours in a week.

Pros

Good for those with no experience

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Was terminated after 2 days

This was my first job and after 2 days I was terminated with no reason. They didn’t give me the entire uniform, management was terrible, didn’t give a schedule and expected me to do everything perfectly. Idk what happened there but I was there for 2 days when they said don’t come back so big waste of my time.

Good Workplace with bad customers

Great Job just got annoyed with the fast food industry as a whole. Great management, great owner, great people, bad customers. Will work with you and your schedule.

Fun workplace

Fun workplace and good money if you are working as a waitress other than that it's pretty stressful at times. Working in the kitchen is really hot and you don't make as much money

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful at times

Very fast paced... I was very stressed.

I would want to think that it would be a great opportunity but because there's so many things to learn so quickly I got very stressed. And the people like customers and coworkers were okay but it seemed like they would pass off the bad jobs to the new person which was me and didn't seem fair. The managers I disliked heavily. I sat and talk with a customer for 1 minute after all my dud ties were already completed and had nothing else to do and I got yelled at. Fast food places should be fun and simple but they expect so much for so little.

Pros

10% off, flexible schedule, customers are nice

Cons

Made me do jobs I was incapable of doing. Very fast paced. Very ugly uniforms.

Bad and disgusting place

This is the number one dirty and garbage food restaurant all over the canada. I recommend everybody that don’t go A&W. Their management are the very poor and mamarless.

A & w

This job just wasn't for me. My bosses and managers were very good people, and I got along with co-workers, working in fast food just wasn't for me, it is too stressful.

Horrible place

Do not work here, sucks and not paid fairly. You make barely enough to scrape by and do not give many hours. I am trying to afford a car and this isn’t even enough money to pay for insurance. Useless place! I’m better off selling dr-gs

Pros

Easy interview

Cons

Disrespectful employees, a holes!

Parfait pour un premier emploi, stimulant & horaire flexible

J'ai aimé travailler chez A&W puisqu'il y avait un bon travail d'équipe, des rencontres d'équipe puis une direction compréhensive. Il était facile d'établir un horaire travail-école.

Pros

rabais employé, direction, collègue, charge de travail facile, formation

Cons

salaire minimum

Good job.

A&W is a good company to work for. They will try to put you where you would like to work. There is room for advancement if you're willing to work hard.

Pros

Full-time hours, Benefits, and nice people

Cons

Hard working in the kitchen: lots of lifting, and standing long periods on your feet.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A&W Restaurants?

Fun place to work

Many years of customer service experience helped in doing this job. Although a supervisor position the hours were longer then originally expected. Not very good communication within the restaurant. Poor managememt

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Odd hours long hours poor management

Stressful environment

Gossip behind your back and if you are young you are expected yo do everything since the old people get offended if you ask them to do even the regular work

Cons

Summary

I developed an eating disorder because I never got breaks and they sent me home on my last shift when I just got kicked out of my house after working their on and off for three years. In store management was nice and understanding but head office is the worst. Paid for my college though.

Cons

Fun workplace but very stressful at times

I liked all my coworkers and for the most part it was a fun atmosphere, but most days I didn’t get a break and would get home late. There were two instances where I was kept past 11:00, forced to clock out, but was still required to help close the kitchen which I was not a fan of. Overall I think this is a pretty good fast food job that pays well but can be frustrating and stressful at times.

Pros

Flexible schedules, good pay

Cons

Didn’t get breaks, finished super late on school nights

Nice to found kind co-workers

If you have lots of patience then you can come and work at this place. And, you are lucky if you are able to find good people whom you can vibe with because working at a fast-pace environment can be ‘thick’. But in any place you work at: there are pros and cons that you can not missed, so you just have to see for yourself if it is is your cup of tea or not.

Pros

Free meal if you are in the management team

Cons

Super busy, can encounter cranky people, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Belle expérience

Les collègues et les gerants son très gentil, super ambiance et le salaire est plus que le salaire minimum tres avantageux.

Fun workplace

It was my first job with food industry and I enjoy very well I learned so many new things , my Maneger was really helpful and coprate person Owerall it was good experience

Équipe de travail

Les gens au travail ne sont pas logique. J’ai été embauché pour être uniquement a la caisse et on me demande d’enlever mon vernis a ongle alors que pleins d’employés de A&W ont de long faux ongles et les miens cetais mes vrai ongle court et juste avec du vernis.

Cons

Les employeurs savent pas parler correctement ils se croient tout permis

Fast Food

Low wages, lots of work, no future irs a fast food job, they would have car shows once in awhile to break things up.

Pros

A job

Cons

Very fun place to work!! Everyone becomes family

A&W is a wonderful place to work especially for a first job. I worked here for six years and enjoyed every bit of it. All my co-workers became my family as well as my bosses. I’ll be sad to be leaving but ready to start something new.

Pros

Free employee meals

Cons

Extremely busy in the summer time. Have to deal with lots of different kinds of people

Hard

You have to be willing to give up your life people don't like to work. Customers can be very rude and entitled at times the the managers negative attitude can be draining

Pros

Non

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&W Restaurants