A Cut Above
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A Cut Above Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

productive work environment

I arrive to work on time. prep, clean, load the equipment & materials. with a goal at the end of the day. And meet our goals everyday. Then unload when the day is done. self achieved.

Very good job to have while raising children and now a grandson. You made what you put into it. Commission based.

My job was very rewarding. A small business with small pay but well worth sticking with it because I enjoyed my work, clients, and making people happy. Some days I worked harder than others and some days work was slow. We took clients by walk in basis only and no appointments were made. However, repeated customers week to week came in and then month to month leading to year to year. The time flew by in a flash. I can truly say that I enjoyed raising my two children while working at A Cut Above who are both now grown with their own children. Now it is time for me to move on. The shop had to close and I am looking to continue working. I suppose the hardest part of my job was making customers understand someone came in before them and were the first clients.

Pros

hours, clientele, coworkers

Cons

no benefits

People tell on other people on dumb stuff

People shady , 2 stay in a half way house and run the jobs half way .. people will y’all bout you behind your back but no to your face .. shady place all together .. the owner tries but gets a good talk talked to him so he don’t see what’s really going on

Great first job

A cut above isba great place to start for people with no experience they train you and make sure you learn everything the right way and they are very friendly and understanding

Pros

Great pay every week

Cons

I enjoyed working here as it helped me gain team working skills. I learned lots from this including good communication skills. I would recommend working here.

I own the company

This is my part-time company I generally have to for employees. I've open my company and every state have ever lived in as part time income. I've always held down 40 hour + full-time employment for myself to keep my insurance up and running

Worst place to work

This place is without a doubt one of the worst places to work. The ow er is a bipolar hothead with no regard to respect or fairness, the pay is absolute dogshit, and the only possible good thing is the employees.

Productive I inviter incitement

A cut above was a very fast pace work we were working 40 to 55 hours a week we worked every Saturday and Saturday sometimes we didn’t have any medical insurance or payed benefits cuz we worked holiday also

Was nice working there

It was nice working there cos did different things I wasn't just a driver I also help with other stuff...that also help me to gain more experience and haw to work with other people haw to work under any condition

Wonderful

I loved working there. I worked with a lot of wonderful people and there was great management. Unfortunately there is no work for me to do there right now so I ak finding a new job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Cut Above?

a great lawn mowing company

You wake up early and mow lawns, its as simple as that. No gimmicks, you just do your own work alone and get paid for it. The CEO of the company is a great guy too and it has been a priviledge to work alongside him and get to know him.

Good company

This company provided me with the opportunity to work towards my goals at the time. It was a seasonal job I enjoyed very much. I would recommend this company to work for.

hairdressing

I went to do my level 3 apprenticeship and i wasnt learning anything all i did was sweep the floor wash clients hair and go and get lunch for the rest of the staff. I didnt learn anything while i was there. I use to turn up for work and they would turn me way without any warning when i had to travel by bus and spent money on bus fair also they totally knocked my confidence.

Fun, and friendly

The days go by quickly. You meet a lot of people that come in, and it's a good way to meet people when just moving to the area. Owner and coworkers area friendly and professional.

Pros

Free or discounted hair services.

productive and great person to work for.

I learned everything from this company, it was a great opportunity for me to learn these skills im am very passionate about. I would say the most enjoyable part was working together.

I liked it

I found that I didn’t have many tasks to carry out and was expected to be busy at all times. I learned the value of money and what it takes to keep a business running.

Every job is different

Every job is different, you can learn easier ways on how to do things. Management is pretty straight forward if you need help ask for it. Can't do this everyday for my job because of school. The employees are very easy to get along with overall a good job environment.

A cut above

Working at a cut above went great the people were great food is amazing. If your looking to get great meats and food go to Santa Monica and grab from a cut above butcher shop

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Not enough knowledge

good

I love my job, its vey relaxed. It is a nice, clean, and modern salon. I love my boss and he is very accommodating to time needed off. There is not really any negatives.

Pros

money

Cons

boring

Fabulous Place To Work

I can't say enough wonderful things about working at A Cut Above. Boss is strict, but incredibly understanding. The hands on experience is second to none.

Cons

It was a good job it was job

It was a good job with my cousin ended up moving to California to work for his stepdad’s business and sold the business! It was a good job and he was a good boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Cut Above. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2