A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Employee Review

Working in arts and crafts retail is a rewarding experience. If you have the know-how, you can help a customer find whatever they're looking for to complete their project; if we don't have it, we'll direct them to wherever they can find it, even if it means sending them to a competitor. As custom framing specialist, your job is to help a customer find the best options for showcasing their artwork. We also inform the customers of the various achival quality materials we use to protect and preserve their artwork. Since we ship our orders to an off-site facility, we maintain a direct line of communication between the workshop and our store to keep careful tabs on all of our customers' artworks. My best customer service experience involved helping a mother and daughter figure out how to set up their school project. The daughter was in the advanced math courses, and she wanted to create her project out of origami. Being my personal hobby, I directed her not only to the origami paper and cardstock that would help her daughter create her project, but also several online sources that would help her craft new figures and origami's relationship with mathematics. Several months after that conversation, I recieved a note from the mother saying that her daughter had gotten an A+ on the project, and she thanked me for my assistance. The hardest part of my work behind the framing counter involves hiccups in communication about how a customer's order is supposed to be completed. Over the holidays, one order had undergone multiple issues, from a frame going out of stock until Christmas -

Pros

Excellent learning experience for customer service, Fun and relaxing workplace atmosphere, Easily accessible managers

Cons

Use of older computing systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • A friendly and open work environment where open communication and learning is a day-to-day part of the workplace.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?