A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,018 reviews

My time at the company

It was really good and easy to pick up and get going once I started working and although the location I worked at is now closed indefinitely it was really nice working for the company

Loved my job

Miss it every day. Was respected and had a hard working team. Mostly all passionate in the arts and loved being around it daily. Broke my heart, shutting this place down.

Gm

The company when I first joined was great! Promoted in a year and ran many different locations. The problem was having 5-6 different bosses in 5 years...sad they went under but I am in a better place now.

Nice co-workers, the rest not so much.

It’s a typical retail environment where managers pressure you to sell up rewards cards, credit cards, donations etc. to the point it feels like youre bothering customers. Not great etiquette from the management either, no real HR oversight so if you have a complaint it goes nowhere. Too much work load for not enough pay.

Very childish workplace with old woman acting like gossiping kids

This is a very judge mental environment to work in, with management that doesn’t clash with each other and makes people do tasks twice based off the opposing opinions on what it Should look like, they don’t tell employees about the rules for taking off in the first 6months and then will let people go over a phonecall for a family emergency that led to missing work,

Pros

Standing on your feet a lot

Cons

Working there

Fun workplace

No complaints. Great company. Lots of opportunities and not very stressful. One of the very few corporate jobs that I actually enjoyed coming into daily. It felt more like a family than a workplace.

It's alright

Due to the lack of management understanding what was necessary to do the job, I struggled a lot.Plus I was hired to do floral arrangements, however a good portion of my time was sent to the registers. I was constantly being asked to cover the front, unable to finish any of my required assignments.I enjoyed the art making and it was definitely a job I would do again. Only way I'd go back is if the company had better management communication.

Pros

Great for artists

Cons

Poor management communication

Fun working environment

This job was very fun! the management and the staff were amazing. They treated you like family and had your back in any kind of emergency you had. i moved up in the company fairly quickly. stated as a cashier and left as a front end manager. Had i stayed longer I very well could have became a manger.

Fun workplace career growth good pay

Goo pay good leave circle friendly staff overall good company timing is good too.. I really really wnjoyed working here.. tehre is good career growth

Horrible

Horrible place was always poorly managed even from high up managers. There was no work life balance. The whole store was completely unorganized and always a mess.

Surprisingly warm and welcoming environment

During my short tenure here, I was pleasantly surprised. The management were friendly and accommodating, taking time to make sure I and my coworkers understood what we were doing and why we were doing it. Not only that, but when I expressed some dissatisfaction with working at the checkout due to social anxiety, they offered me more responsibilities in other areas of the store. My coworkers were also very warm and welcoming; I even received a gift on my birthday. I think the location where I worked has since closed due to COVID but if it were still open I would honestly recommend it as a good first job. I hope everyone there found a good place afterwards.

Pros

Very friendly and accommodating, management genuinely careed, coworkers felt like friends, work was never overwhelming

Cons

Mediocre pay and short breaks

Temporary

I only worked here towards the end of their time being a store as they were bought out by another company, so I didn't get enough experience there. By the time I started working here, it was at the very end before they went out of business.

What is the best part of working at the company?Reliable hoursWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very little training, a lot of responsibility, very little pay you had to fight for.

Job environment

Not a bad job to work at. Decent pay rate with serious management of building and workers. Fast pace with heavy lifting. None stop working and long hours of standing on your feet. Would have feet pains do t matter how soft shoes are. The harder the shoes the worst and faster feet will hurt. Will not get away from feet problem due to long hours of standing, heavy lifting and pulling and consistent back and forth.

Good for a little while but the store The floor people and the assistant managers were great. Enjoyed working with them a lot.

It was good for a little while. The manager was not good. He would scream at people and slam doors. The asst. Mangers were great. Enjoyed working with them and they were great 👍

Fun workplace

Good pay, flexibility, and good managers. I enjoyed being able to work on my own and independently without feeling like I had someone looking over my shoulder

Fun place to work

Ac Moore was a fun place to work while it lasted. My coworkers were very nice as was the management overall, though I didn’t interact very much with the store supervisor. Sad we closed

The coworkers are okay but the customers can be very rude.

I learned a lot with dealing with customers and what a retail job entails. It was good way to get customer service experience but I never would want to work at retail again though.

fun people to work with

great job with great coworkers and managers. flexible schedules and good management. great job for students or adults. can be fun but also stressful when busy

No support/Favoritism for lazy co workers

High turnover due to favoritism by managements. Went out of business . Coworkers rude to customers. Not enough training. Learn as you go with no one there to help.

Pros

Learning how to frame and seeing some beautiful artwork from customers

Cons

Too many

I loved my job at AC moore. Sad to see the company close its doors.

Friendly employees,management was easy to work with,Sad to see the company close its doors.Fun job,Pay could be better,Insurance was expensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?