A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Apex, NC

3.5Work–Life Balance

Fun and coworkers were nice

Most managers and coworkers were kind and helped when needed or asked. It was nice going into work knowing that coworkers were there to help and make the day better

I loved working here

It was really fun, being around crafts and customers and coworkers who enjoy the place is always nice, some customers get snippy with coupons but that was the most problems i ever had

Same thing everyday

I got promoted fairly quickly. I did the same thing every time I went into work. The management was super hard on the employees though. I went home crying a handful of times. There were several customers trying to trick you into getting cheaper items.

Pros

Many breaks

Cons

Repetitive

A Nice Place to Work

Co-worker and management are nice and treat all of the employees well. The employee discount is great and you can attend classes. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with quotas, plus moving boxes and cleaning can be physical.

Pros

Co-workers, Management, Employee Discount

Cons

Quotas, Physical Labor

Decent Temporary Part-time Job

Working at AC Moore is a pretty standard retail job. I'm a part-time sales associate, so my review pertains to that and not to full-time or salaried employees. I've been at AC Moore for almost a year, starting as a seasonal employee last fall and staying on with the company. I give the job three stars because I enjoy the people I work with, feel appreciated by most of my managers, and am thankful they started me out- even as a seasonal employee- at more than minimum wage. Specific to my location, the scheduling manager is very good about honoring requested days off and is willing to work with my schedule. I don't give the job a higher rating mainly due to rules and restrictions from corporate. First of all, this is the very first retail job I have ever worked that does not allow me to delete items in a purchase. For example, if I ring up a customer's purchase and then they decide they don't want one of the items or if the scanner accidentally scans an item twice, I have to call a Front End Specialist or a manager to delete the item. As you can imagine, this is very inefficient- especially during Christmas season- and it is absolutely my number one complaint. There are other strict rules, particularly their coupon policy, that is frustrating because if you follow it and the customer asks for a manger, the manager will come over and give them what they want, which belittles employees. Overall, it's a decent temporary part-time job that is helping me pay down some debt.

Pros

pay more than minimum wage for part-time employees, fun co-workers, scheduling manager flexible with hours and requested time off

Cons

corporate policies that make the job more difficult

Fun and creative environment

Work with many creative people. Help customers to achieve a unique project they may be working on.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Rapid advancement, enjoyable employees, fun environment.

AC Moore allowed me to move up rapidly and many opportunities were available. It was a fun place to work. A typical day involved heavy lifting which which began to wear on me. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with and it was a nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer service.

Pros

flexibility on the job

Cons

healthcare and salary was below average.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Apex, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?