A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Bethpage, NY

3.5Work–Life Balance

Depends on coworkers

There was very small wiggle room for growth inside the company, and it could possibly take years, but while in college, I was able to work my way up to a supervisor position. Otherwise, the pay is as expected for a retail job although the duties transcend the tasks listed on your application (if you're any good at the job). Soon, you'll be responsible for a good majority of the store as they always seem to be understaffed. The management expects a lot, and seems stressed themselves. But overall, I had a good time with my coworkers whom I got along with well, and created friendships that carried over outside of work as well. It was a good experience but certainly not a career.

Pros

coworkers, experience, flexible hours

Cons

no benefits, no sick leave

Sometimes slow and sometimes fast workplace with many outlying cons

Every day going into work, I never knew what to expect. I didn't know if it'd be a slow easy day so I can clean my section, or a fast paced busy day where I'm stuck at the register while my section is getting ruined. I always dreaded a busy day for two reasons. One, I am stuck at my register all day with customers that are very nasty. Two, while I'm stuck at my register, my section is getting messy. At the end of the day when it starts to die down and we close soon, I am finally able to get my returns and go clean my section. However, that's clouded by managers or FES's who give me an attitude for my section not being cleaned, even though they are the ones who put me up at my register all day.

Pros

Good pay, nice co-workers, clean environment

Cons

Unprofessional management, nasty customers

OK first job

Good first job but it is very stressful. If you aren't on register for the day then you will constantly go back and forth between register and the aisles. Customers are extremely cheap and will use a coupon on an item that is $1 and they will complain about anything that they can. It is rare when breaks are on time because workers are constantly held up by helping people that they don't go on break on time and it backs up the schedule for everyone else. Customers are rude and complain about the same exact thing every time they show up and when you ring them up they always ask if you have a coupon for them because they "forgot their phone" or "left the coupon at home". Customers will also attempt to use the teacher or student discount when it doesn't even belong to them and they will act like it is the end of the world if they don't get the discount. Saturday's and Sunday's are usually the busiest and most brutal days. As for the holidays (mostly Halloween, Christmas, and Black Friday weekend) forget it. The holidays are the MOST stressful part and there is no breathing room. The store will put you in a section buts odds are you will be stuck on register all day because of how busy it is. Also if a front end employee quits or calls out there is a good chance that depending on your position you will always be chosen to cover in their spot. At least the managers for the most part are nice and willing to help and the other associates are very kind

Pros

Management is nice, good co workers

Cons

Coupon system is terrible, customers are never happy, shifts always changing

Good

A..C. Moore tries to help you when your first starting out, i learned a lot during working with them, the people are friendly, As long as you do the cleaning and help the customers, the job is easy, The hard part is trying to convince the customers to follow the coupon policy which is 1 per person not one per item.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Management is a little off blanced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore