A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Downingtown, PA

2.9Job Security & Advancement

Fun

No communication at all between workers they didn’t work around my availability at all but great coworkers and a lot f fun they do not drug test and it is hard t advance there

A good place to be creative

The specific store where I work has its ups and downs, but that can be said about anywhere. It can be difficult to get all of the things expected of me done as we are all often very busy and always trying to get multiple things done at a time, so multi-tasking is a must.

Pros

Every day is different

Cons

Seems like there are organization issues from the top of the chain down through the stores, which leads to on the store level.

Fine

Things could be better but everybody complains. Management needs improvement and needs to work on the work loads they give certain employees. Hiring could be more selective. Store manager needs an attitude adjustment.

Toxic environment, poor management

I started working as a seasonal employee in late October 2015. I moved up to managing the custom framing counter eventually. By June of 2016 I was worn down to absolutely nothing. Going to work was a chore and filled me with anxiety. Once the new quarter started, tons of changes and rules were passed down the ladder from corporate suits that are entirely disconnected from those of us on the ground. As a result, the added stress put on the GM and other MODs made the work environment go from the fun place I'd started in to a toxic and exhausting place to work. With full knowledge that a lot of us had loads of essential work to do, we were ordered to prioritize small and menial tasks instead. With 18 orders to check, a weekly performance review and a PSR to complete in my shortest shift of the week, I was ordered (given no choice) to run the kids craft table up until an hour before the shift ended. And they would get on OUR case for time management issues. I'll keep the rest short in saying the customers could get away with anything, I.e. Using expired coupons, arguing the price of an item to the point of our managers giving it to them at pretty much whatever price they wanted, and verbally harassing the associates. They are stingy with hours and pay. Plan for a second job if you want to make rent and bills happen. Long shift? You get a half an hour break for lunch and a 15. Shorter shift? Just a 15. The silver lining? I had excellent coworkers.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Literally everything else

pretty good place overall but in the end it is retail

I have enjoyed working at ac moore since 2009. recently though we have had some management changes and the morale of the store has declined. there is chance for moving up, but it is limited and the opportunity does not come up that often. there are no full time positions accept for management so that is another con. Part timers get at most 25 hours per week and the only time that more hours can be gained is during the holiday season.

Pros

it can be a fun enviorment with the right people.

Cons

its retail

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Downingtown, PA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?