A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Harrisburg, PA

3.5Work–Life Balance

A Nice Place to Work For

So at the time I got out, they were going through a lot of changes so I am not sure how relevant this review will be at the time of looking. It's like any other retail job if I'm perfectly straight with you; It's based on getting along with the people who are there and doing your absolute best to make sure that the work environment is great for everyone who has to be there that day. It is in my opinion the most important part of a manager's job to make sure the place is welcoming and that the manager has the back of the employee. I learned how to best use my customer service skills and how to properly coax angry customers into being nice ones (it's pretty much just agree with what they say even if you know it's wrong), and how to best market to an individual.

Pros

Very flexible, great atmosphere, lots of hard working people

Cons

short breaks

Artistc

I learned a lot at this job; whether it was the difference in paint brushes, paints, paper, or yarn! There was always something to learn and I enjoyed meeting new people!

Busy fun place to work

I have enjoyed my time at AC Moore. This company is good to their employees offering vacation hours to even part time associates after two years. The culture of the store is very fun because of the crafters who shop in the store. As with any retail experience, the hours can be difficult working evenings and weekends. However, I only work one weekend day and one night a week. I spend most of my days working with freight and customers. We get a truck each week and it takes several days to get all the merchandise where it needs to be. Co-workers are mostly pleasant. As with any workplace there is some drama and this happens here especially because we are mostly women. The job is physically challenging. You must be on your feet for 8 hours and there is a considerable amount of lifting. I really enjoy meeting the customers and getting to know the regulars. Our customers are usually very pleasant.

Pros

pleasant environment, employee discount, vacation time

Cons

nights and weekends required.

Alright.

This job was simple, you go in work on register or you stock. While you work you have to run back and forth between customers, other then that you clean and take care of your own trash when you leave. The pay is alright and you can advance if your there long enough, but its seasonal too so there's a chance you could lose the job. Management isn't bad but they could stand to just work harder on pricing in the store. Other then that its not bad.

Pros

10% discount

Cons

Pricing was usually messed up leading to needing help which could take forever to get.

Fun Place to work

I loved my Job. Came in before store opened stocked shelves, cleaned sales floor. I am a very crafty person so working in a craft store was a lot of fun for me. I got along very well with management until they changed managers. I got along well with all my co workers. Hardest part of job was 5am start time. Most enjoyable part of Job was actually helping customers find things they needed for their projects

Pros

Flexibility of working hours as I was a part time employee with another full time job.

Cons

Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Harrisburg, PA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?