A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Lynchburg, VA

2.8Pay & Benefits

It's a job

Can't really say too much about it except that it's a job and you get what you get out of it. Management could use a little bit of tweaks here and there. I like framing, it's the most fun you can have at a minimum wage job.

Pros

work

Cons

work

Create, fun, great deals

You will learn a lot about craft making from staff and customers. Friendly staff and welcoming. Fair customer experience. Good management. Variety of crafts available in store

Pros

Craft making, fun environment

Cons

Compensation, flexibility

Not the best

The store is shutting down so if you're hired at this point you're just helping finish up sales and closing. You will likely be asked to run a register which is fine, everyone is pretty nice, and the customers are usually really sweet. The scheduling can be a bit of a nightmare if you're closing since people are finding other employers.

Great management, organized, employees matter!

Unlike reviews found for other AC Moore locations, the Lynchburg store in my opinion gets the highest rating. The working environment here is relaxed and you feel like you truly belong. Management is great and you can always count on your co-workers to have your back. It's organized and ran well 5 stars!

Good and fair workplace

Only being a temporary position, it was worth the time and effort for wages given. The most enjoyable part of the job was there were no formal uniforms required, and a typical work day consisted of general labor during the overnight hours so the time flew by.

Pros

Weekly pay

Not a good place to work

I was hired as a cashier and made to help with remodel and then was let go when the store was finished. Not worth the time I spent at the job. They were very hateful.

awful experience

Awful management, He said she said drama with all of the employees, do not appreciate their employee and/or customers.

Awesome Seasonal Job!

Friendly, decent work enviroment. Good Company. I am glad I had the opportunity to be able to teach people hot to do basic Crochet. I also LOVE arts and crafts so this was a really fun place for me to be.

A.C Moore

While working at A.C Moore I have come in contact with many types of people. Working at customer service I have learned how to deal with many types of customers weather the are happy or disappointed with the service that we have provided at A.C Moore. I have learned working as a team is a lot better then working alone on a big project is better. Many heads are better than one. The hardest part of my job was to see the customers come back to the store with a problem with one of the products or services we had provided for them. The best part of my job was seeing the customer leave with a smile on their face and happy with what they had brought.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Lynchburg, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?