A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

3.5Work–Life Balance

Hard working people who enjoy working together

Worked along side some really nice people. Learned a lot about retail and how the different areas interact to provide the best experience for a customer.

Out of business

Poor business decisions ruined what could have been a great company. Once company went private the writing was on the wall. We became a 5below and not a arts and craft or hobbyists store.

Nice environment.

The people who worked there are very nice and always super helpful. The other employees are very welcoming. Management can be not the best at sometimes but they do run a very good store.

Team members are great the corporate team and management is horrible

The corporation does not care about their employees (team members) but praise the GM who doesn’t do anything but bark orders while holding a cup of coffeee

Pros

The discount on top of coupons

Soul sucking enviriamnet

In my short time there I seen new workers come in with so much energy that by the end of a month it was like they were zombies. The mangers don't appreciate hard workers.

Not for a career

A.C Moores is a good place for part-time employment for extra money, especially for seasonal work. It's really beneficial for any type of management positions, but employees aren't likely to be promoted, managers from other stores are normally brought in.

Fast paced environment

fast paced environment in an arts and crafts store with days filled with customers who enjoy what they are shopping for and always willing to share their hobby

Pros

creative environment

Congested work place

I feel like the my work place is very congested and a lot of decisions are made off of emotion and not logic. It is difficult for employees to feel compienstaed for there hard work.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Flexibility, management, advancements, benefits

The management is garbage and the company doesn't care for its employees.

I've worked for some tough people in the past, but A.C. Moore in South Philly, by far, has the worst management I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From being cursed and screamed at, to watching the store manager slam desks and tables asking if "you're a (explicit) idiot." No number of calls to HR does anything and the company is clearly all about numbers and not fair treatment of their employees. No action will be taken as long as you are profitable to the company.

Pros

sometimes the boss would bring in food

Cons

extremely poor treatment in a stress-filled environment

Not the best company to work for, but a good starter.

It's great when you first start, but it went downhill after that. Lot's of turnover in management and they don't really care about what's happening to their employees. I.E. Family emergencies don't mean anything to them.

Pros

Discounts

Management Needs Improvement

There is an overload of work while there are a limited amount of associates. Due to this managers are overbearing in dictating tasks and are not helpful because they feel as though their duties should be elsewhere instead of helping out on the floor or registers. There are numerous complaints from customers about the long lines. There are managers that are so terrible that from one store to the next they are known for how terrible they are and employees are hesitant to transfer from their store. The pay is rather decent, but that's if you receive hours while being on the good side of the manager. There are a lot of flaws with this company. The qualifications to move up in management cannot be measured. If you want to move up there is another application process and it is done at the decision of your managers who are extremely petty and bias. It is an unfair system. This job is temporary at best. They also have mandatory overtime during holiday months and if you miss a day from these 40 hour weeks you will be terminated.

Pros

you have a source of income

Cons

no benefits

Nice people, okay pay, communication problems and poor people skills

I love my co-workers, I don't mind the work or hours, but I was doing work above my pay grade, and the managers and supervisors had poor communication skills with each other, and had a poor way of speaking to both customers and employees. Employees are often denied rights and overworked, safety laws and procedures are broken often and respect was missing.

Pros

20 percent off purchase

Cons

No healthcare or benefits if not full time even if you worked full time hours. Rude employers.

Worked there for awhile

Not to happy with this company. Tried to advance, but limited positions available and pay rate increase even after advancing with position. I liked how creative the staff was. Best part helping customers with artistic projects.

Pros

being in a creative environment

Cons

low benefits, no room for pay rate increase or advancement.

Ok

Good way to work from bottom to top. Meet new people great if you love being creative the atmosphere is kids an adult friendly.

Fun place to work

Good place to work, good management structure. Training program was structured for the trainee to be successful at the training program.

Fun environment and fast pace work

- A typical day of work would be keeping an assigned department clean, organized, and stocked. When the store gets busy I'll will be asked to go to your register to help check out customers. - I learned more about the uses of crafts and customer service. - The co workers are wonderful, its easy to fit in and relate to one another. Everyone one is friendly, easy to work with, and helpful. - I never found anything difficult to do in the job, but the most difficult time to work at a.c.moore is during the seasonal period where the store becomes very heavy with work. - The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers and working the sales floor.

Pros

easy, fun, busy environment

Cons

seasonal work period

Summer-part time job

It is an easy work environment, but the management sucks. My co-workers were easy to get along with, the pay is ok for a part-time job. The only stressful thing about worker there is the customers.

Pros

carefree environment

Cons

no healthcare, low pay, bad management

the exciting part of being an AC Moore teammate

on a daily basis working at AC Moore brings you the joy of meeting so many wonderful and creative new people, you get to experience a little bit of what their life is. working at ac Moore also brings out your the culture side of you, you get to see and greet hundreds of people from around the world and tell you about what they're going to create and share next. Co workers at AC Moore are practically family its a wonderful environment to be around at.

Crafty

A typical day here included lots of customer service along with stocking shelves, cleaning up and restocking items. I loved helping customers get ideas for heir crafts. It was my favorite part.

Pros

creativity

Fun envionment

a typical day at AC MOORE was artist and stagey planning. I learned merchandiser, loss prevention along with shipping and receiving methods. the management was very professional and took the time to teach new task. My coworkers where very outgoing. the hardest part of my job was not spending to much time on one customer the easiest part of my job was daily task inside the store

This company varies from store to store so a review would be biased. its all a matte of circumstances.

I do not want to give a review because that would not be fair to the company as a whole. However about a year and a half ago a private buyer bought the company out of his own pocket and with that it seems things are improving....yet at the same time there are certain rules that they are becoming stricter on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore