A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

3.5Work–Life Balance

Decent Experience

The hours are limited; the team members are friendly and are reliable as well. It’s difficult to get by with as your starting pay is $9 an hour. If you perform well you could get a raise or promotion after your yearly assessment.

It was fun working here.

I got along well with all the staff. It was a great learning experience for me. Dealing with customers taught me a lot about how to interact with difficult situations.

Fun workplace with great management

I loved working for A.C. Moore and regret leaving to find another job. A typical work day was chill and you usually had a task or a few to complete each day you worked. I loved that I almost always had something to do. The management was great and encouraged and supported me in my position. I would definitely recommend A.C. Moore to someone looking for a chill but collaborative workplace that houses great employees!

Pros

Discounts, Management

I dont have good to say . You will simply be replaced by a differnt person.

For Some reason they think full time is 20 hours a week. So I'm making less than minimum wage . And this week I work three days one day 7.5 hours the next 9.5 hours and the third 4.5 hours . But they want me to be available 7 days a week . I'm not going to be working there much longer.

Pros

The customers are nice

Cons

Hours on the computer going over their policies and junk, then being tested on it for not.

Has potential, but vague training & management

Though learning as you go is a normal part of any job, AC Moore barely offered training for newcomers. Having to train myself on a cash register was the most bizarre, especially considering it was my first retail job. Constantly having to leave my post to get a superior for simple tasks that should have been taught was also cumbersome. My work hours were often botched, as in to say they constantly scheduled me for more hours than was initially agreed upon and the two schedules posted often contradicted each other. It was also odd that the very long and late hours specific to my job role weren't mentioned until the in-person interview; my 1am clock-out time wasn't posted or mentioned at any point prior. It also often felt as though I wasn't doing the tasks I was hired to do, and management seemed unable to give me a clear answer of what my salary was. However, I recognize that they were understaffed and in the process of reconfiguring their professional hierarchy & responsibilities. Most of the staff was otherwise very personable and management was accommodating. It was also a great place for artists and students to work. I enjoyed my job duties despite the vague mismanagement.

Productive place to work

Loved working with co workers and being able to help customers with craft ideas and find items that they needed help with as well. Also enjoyed seeing what new items we received

Pros

Learning new things

Cons

Healthcare

Poor management at most locations

The scheduling with this company is all over the place. Nothing consistent and hours are reduced constantly based on the previous years sales and labor needs. Poor management and no room to grow.

worst place to work in richmond

The corporate company is not bad It's the managers they hire to server there stores. All of them take sides or favorites it's not judged based on your work ethic or title or skill level. It's all who you know and hang out with. To work here you are highly underpaid for the work they expect you to do, which is run three departments at a time. If they don't like you as a person you get two hrs a week, who lives off that?? I have been with the company for many years and worked at four of these stores. Unless you are retired with a good money source to begin with and want a hobby not a job. I would not recommend this to anyone this is more of a just give up your time for twenty dollars a week after taxes.

Pros

meet new people, the store is your workshop any project you want to benefit the store can be made.

Cons

lazy managers, hours, pay

Fun place to work too many managers

I worked there for several years. Every 6month there was a change in management and there was usually about 5 different managers at one time. All had a different opinion on how things had to be done and no matter what you did you never did it right.

Corporate has cut hours and I can't afford to live on my pay.

Every time I turn around corporate is changing things and not for the better. They do not treat their employees with decency. They have no regard for our making a living . The Workers are great and the work is nice

Pros

We got a couple of free meals.

Cons

No time or help to get what we need done because of hour cuts.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

No concern for workers or product quality

Company consistently decreases benefits, workers and hours. Expected high production without adequate workers. Pays minimum pay possible. Mismanaged and unorganized.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

pay, hours, benefits

I enjoy the interpersonal communication between the customers and myself. It a fun and exciting environment where you greet the customers and assist them in finding a solution for them.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore