A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Waldorf, MD

3.5Work–Life Balance

Can get boring if no customers. (Custom Framer)

It's not a bad job for the position I was in (custom framer). Depending on who your managers are, you can really enjoy being a framer. It can be boring if no customers are around, but when it is busy, the time goes by fast and I have a lot of fun discussing with customers about their artwork. Definitely can learn a thing or two about framing pictures for yourself. You can learn a little about sales marketing, but other than that, don't expect anything else.

Pros

Relaxing, Fun Job As A Custom Framer

Cons

Gets boring when it's slow, pay isn't that great

Fast paced and busy

This job is a good start if you’re young and need experience. All A.C Moore’s are closed now though but luckily I had a good staff all around.

It was good

A good company and good people to work with it. The pay wasn’t the best at all for what you have to do there. Should be more. Over all need more money

Productive and busy workplace

It was easy to keep busy with the tasks that were to be completed each week and the management were very understanding and helpful with helping out the workers. Working with customers was something that would happen a lot for my position, and with the help of certain managers I learned quickly on how to best deal with different types of customers and continue to perform my job effectively. Sometimes though, the work can be a lot to ask and things can pile up which will stress you out making you constantly worry about not getting certain things done while still having to assist customers whenever they need help.

Pros

Calm workplace, good management

Cons

Extremely busy weekend shifts, tasks can pile up

A really good job to work if you're looking to grow and get some experience under your belt.

A typical day at work would be stock, cashier, customer service and clean the store. I learned a lot on how to address situations with customers. Management was really good up until fall of 2017. The hardest part of the job is seasonal months because it becomes very stressful and fast paced. The most enjoyable was getting to meet a lot of great customers and working with my coworkers.

Pros

breaks depend on the shift you work, good hours, pay every week.

Cons

no benefits for part time

Great place

More physically demanding than I would have imagined. Great people. Made the job more fun and enjoyable. Had a tough time with working multiple shifts within a week, but I suppose you have to know that's going to happen with retail.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Shift work

fun place to work- low salary

It was a great learning experience, learned a great deal on arts and crafts, cake decorating, how to frame art work. Truck unload process could have been better, mixed pallets is not productive when you have a small truck crew.

Pros

learning diff arts/crafts

Cons

poor salary for the hours put in

Horrible place to work

in-achievable expectations. Had the salary managers working 70 hours a week during holiday season without more pay. Brought in a new manager and he changed everything and made it hard to work there. He wrote me up for calling out on a day i requested off for my daughters field trip and wanted proof that i was actually on the field trip.

Pros

worked with some great associates

Cons

poor work environment

Fun work place

I love my managers and my team members. The job is so easy I just wish I was getting paid more. But an overall very good place to work.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Pay

customers/ store duties

my typical day at work i would come in and take customers on the register, or i would check the store to make sure everything was in stock and clean. the hardest part of the job would have to be working with rude customers. you just have to always remember the customer comes first. great experience though

Pros

nice co-workers

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Waldorf, MD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?