A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews in Yorktown, VA

3.5Work–Life Balance

Productive workspace

The staff is kind and the work is steady. The hardest part of the job is the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help out customers and buying the products.

Pros

art supplies

Cons

short breaks, inconsitant hours

Calm and productive work place

I loved the job however I was dealing with personal issues and had to leave but on good terms. However a appreciated my co workers and worked well with them.

busy store with small staff focused on sales and customer satisfaction

A.C Moore was a busy store where customer satisfaction was the main goal. I learned from this employment how to work with difficult customers and how handle situations with fellow coworkers. The typical day at a.c moore was to operate a register and work on the floor helping customers.

Pros

breaks

Cons

low staff low pay

Working with great people and talking with our customer.

Starting the day with cash reconciliation, then reviewing tasks needing to be accomplished for the day/week. Prepare for Team Members to arrive, morning huddle, then assign tasks to available cashiers. Hardest part of the job is balancing the tasks that need to be completed and the influx of customers. Customers are top priority. Every day is a new adventure, be open minded and cheerful. Enjoy working with the entire team.

Pros

Opportunity to learn something new every day.

Cons

Budget hours during the slow season

Fun Yet Challenging

My fellow employees and I easily helped each other out when a problem stumped one of us and we could easily go to a higher authority if we could not solve it. The hardest part of the job was when we were understaffed and had a store full of customers. Also, occasionally a problem would occur and the person who could solve it wasn't available so we had to wait for them. What I enjoyed the most was setting out stock and working with a shipment.

Pros

If I worked 6 hours or more I got a 30 minute break.

Cons

Hours frequently were cut and I didn't have a steady income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Yorktown, VA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?