A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Associate

3.5Work–Life Balance

My time at the company

It was really good and easy to pick up and get going once I started working and although the location I worked at is now closed indefinitely it was really nice working for the company

Going out of business

The only reason I wouldn’t recommend is that they are going out of business, otherwise I was very happy here and learned a lot. The management was very encouraging and helped many.

Great skills

Super fun evironment. Friendly. Keeps ya on your toes and super relaxing aroma. Definitely recommend for a starting job. Not super enough room for achievement but a great foot in the door.

Excellent Environment

I love working at AC Moore. The only reason I’m searching for a new job is because we’re closing. My coworkers and managers always make me feel like what I do matters and provide encouragement and congratulations when I do well and show me ways in which I can improve every day.

Nice Employees

Everyone at this job is very nice and supportive. Rarely do you see an employee in a bad mood and if they are that typically changes in the time they are at work that day.

Managers talked behind employees backs

i caught both my managers talking behind the employees backs and they tried to play it off as a joke, but i knew they were for real because they didn't even know I was there and they told me they were joking with me.

Interesting for a first job

A.C. Moore was an overall interesting learning experience for me. It was my first job, and I really liked that they accepted me despite my lack of experience. Employees were on our feet through our entire shift, aside from breaks. I learned how to use a cash register, how to efficiently sweep an entire store, and how to be more open with people in general. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor involved with stocking and restocking, but my favorite part of the job was definitely being able to learn so many new things.

The company sucks

There’s so much wrong with acmoore. Acmoore doesn’t know how to run their business properly. Starting off with their register machines, the scanner has so many lags and it creates a problem for a smooth transaction. They need to update their system to make life easier for the people who help run their business. They expect us to constantly shout for the next customer and then so many customers complain and us associates have to deal with attitude because customers can’t hear us everyday. There should be a computer that tells the customer which register is ready next like other retail stores such as tjmaxx and Marshall’s. There isn’t a sign or anything for customers to know is there’s a line or not and then customers argue at other customers and attack us employees to control them and do hundreds of other things such as ringing, doing our assigned projects, sections, doing throwbacks and assisting customers. that should be the managers job as well as the company. There are table boxes that contain jewelry and that should be aligned in both sides to create a section that customers can go between and form the line. Customers are always stealing and breaking items. The company should be smart enough to hire a security in front of the store to check receipts... it only makes sense to hire someone for 15-17 dollars an hour to save hundreds and thousands of dollars every day/week. Is associates aren’t paid enough for all this none sense . An associates pay should be 15 dollars instead of 12. We help run this business that doesn’t take care of their people. And the coupon system is -

Don’t work here

Managers are phonies they lie and try to fool you they don’t train you You are on your own the managers are thoughtless and rude. The managers mishandle almost all the workers

Temp job till my surgery date arrived

All around a good job with terrible hours, shifts. I would not apply for another position at this particular establishment due to the irregularity concerning hours given and shift frequency"

Meh

Management defitnely needs work, they love to pick favorites and if you're not on their list, good luck. They push you and threaten to fire you if you don't sign people up for rewards cards. The pay is also defitnely not worth the stress they give you. But if you can handle that and ignore their rude comments then go for it.

Get used to seeing the same people

A lot of the same people come in every other day. We have to deal with the usuals that come off the bus. Theft is a pretty common occurrence but it's not that bad.Things break all the time so you get used to cleaning up glass but the job was pretty good to get in the retail pool. AC units are not working so it is super hot inside the store.

Pros

Employee Discount, nice older people

Cons

breaks aren't completed, So Hot all the time

Was a great exprience

It was a great job .i like customers an workers .was a great job and was a job i like .The job was a great way learn the ins an outs of a craft store .

Enjoyable

As someone who is artistically inclined I do enjoy working in an environment like AC Moore. It has been a year since I have been hired and I still say that this job is preferable to most retail jobs I've had. The clientele is mostly kind, fellow employees are friendly, and maintaining a store such as AC Moore is manageable as the store promote good presentation.

Productive work place

A typical day in the framing department was fun and face paced. I had to measure the customer's art work so that it could be sent to a partnered company. From there, the artwork is put under glass and framed. Seeing people's was a huge inspiration. It made work fun and exciting.

Ok if you just need a part time job

They have very few full time positions and give no benefits. They also dont want you to have any restrictions on your schedule. Nice people to work for but corporate (owner) is stingy and not nice.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Only part time

Was fun at first but became hostile working environment

A typical day at work involved cashiering, stocking shelves, straightening shelves, sweeping the store, cleaning bathrooms, taking out trash. I learned the products and became a very helpful salesperson. I learned to engage with customers, establish trust and commonalities. Manager(s) were wonderful, supportive and encouraging. Assistant Mgr was another story. So intent on impressing his manager, he often kept us extra late. Lacked creativity and became hostile as more pressure was placed on him. Workplace culture was mostly pleasant among coworkers. Hardest part of the job was signing people up for store cards, for a not pushy person especially. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they wanted, and cashiering because it gave me a chance to engage the customer and make them feel good about their shopping experience.

Pros

inspiring manager

Cons

short lunch breaks, but that's retail

Soul sucking enviriamnet

In my short time there I seen new workers come in with so much energy that by the end of a month it was like they were zombies. The mangers don't appreciate hard workers.

Work monday, and never work saturday.

Hard work, a stressful environment, and low pay, makes this job low on my list. However, my bosses were all incredibly hard working, and were quite skilled at what they do. I rarely ever had a question for my superiors that they couldnt answer effectively. That being said, this job could be a nightmare when it was busy. During the holidays, we all mainly worked register and so the returns would stack up all through the night, leaving around 3 carts a day for the following morning crew to pick up when they could. Working this job gave me plantar fasciitis in my right foot and tendonitis in my left shoulder. This was a suprisingly brutal job at times. Though when it wasn't terribly busy, this job was great. In the end: work Monday. Okay pay for easy work. Never work Saturday, it ruins the job.

Pros

Monday is a breeze.

Cons

Saturday is brutal.

Great first job

I dabbled in a bit of every department in the store and switched through all shifts offered. Hours are pretty strict and change a lot for the pay. Management is very laid back but makes sure everything gets done accordingly. A lot of grumpy customers come in but that's found in any retail job really so needing to know how to handle someone who doesn't read coupon dates or exclusions is important. It's a great job and co workers are wonderful.

Pros

Employee discount, wonderful managers, mostly calm enviornment

Cons

Strict hours, hours change, pay a bit low, advancement opportunities small

okay place to work

During my time there we had many different store managers. I had the opportunity to do many different things such as price changes and change the sale signs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore