A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

3.5Work–Life Balance

Fun place to work

A great place to work for a first job or while in school. Definitely not something I'd make a career of. Managers seem constantly overworked and stressed. Constantly learning new things

Great Job

A fun job to work for there was plenty to do, very tight knit group of workers, art demos were so fun everyone was super passionate about art and super creative highly fun job

Pros

fun

Cons

it was a cool place to work met a lot of great people !

the management was easy going but got the job done ! hours were always flexible and they really tried to work with you . pay was great! overall a good experience

Fun place to work

Great people great customers. Worked fro 2019 to 2020 in wall till Ac Moore went out of business. went from 23 hours a week to 8 unacceptable in my standards.

Boring and un-eventful

It was fun working there for the first time but overtime I got judged and picked on alot by the manager. The customers there were fun and a joy to talk to but the coworkers there treated me with little respect.

There is a fear corporate culture, management is unappreciative and micromanaging.

I used to love the store, I was very excited to become part of the team. Sales associates are treated poorly, There was almost no training, and mostly, workers are led to fear other workers and management. Unpleasant and stressing.

Pros

Quick pace, lots of customers.

Cons

Pay, and corporate culture.

Sales Associate: Would not recommend.

Hired as a seasonal cashier. No work/life balance. Worked through with no complaints but had issues that management did not pay attention to what other employees were doing behind the counter. People were progressed while breaking rule after rule and being out and out rude to customers and other employees. I had no time for that nonsense.

Manager awesome

Manager is awesome and fair pay is only minimum wage which is not so good but the atmosphere of this job is pleasant Can be very fast paced especially holiday time

Horrible management

Co-workers are okay to deal with. Management, in my experience, was very toxic. I enjoyed my time working their, but as soon as a manager would walk past the atmosphere would change. It felt like your constantly on watch just to see you make a mistake, so they can tell you about it or just talk behind your back like they usually do. If you are to work there watch out for the store manager..

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Horrible management

Productive and fun work place that inspires creativity and provides customer satisfaction

I loved working at this store because you could connect with the customers in a way and on a level that you can't in most retail stores. You can be an inspiration to them and you can also be inspired by them as well. The pay was okay, the work load was fairly decent (then again I was pregnant at the time, which they worked around really well). All in all I was very pleased with my time as an employee. The only reason I left was because I had a bad home situation and had to move about 2 hours away, so I couldn't work there anymore.

Pros

Friendly customers, workable schedule

Cons

Long commute, hard advancement positions

Work here if you love to stand around and wait for people to come in

Working at Acmoore was a nightmare. The mangers my gosh there were 4 of them and none of them knew I worked there. I was hired by a Assistant manager and I guess she didn’t inform them of my employment because they literally didn’t know what to do with me on my first day. The people who also work here have horrible attitudes, we get you don’t like retail but my god they look so sad. Also I forget to mention part time people get less than 20 hours so you make absolutely nothing :)

Pros

Cons

Little hours, 15 min breaks, Slow paced, poor management

It's okay

I met some wonderful people at my job. I got bored with sitting at the cash register all day. I would mostly walk around and straighten up the store when I could. I felt like I was making a difference.

Can be stressful

Job was not for me. Great group of people to work with, but the stress level can be high. I was employed for seasonal work. The pay was not worth the commute.

Pros

Great group of people to work with

Cons

Pay and stress

A typical day at work I would help customers with anything they need, I would also ring up their purchases and ask if they have found everything they were looking for. I would also work out on the floor stocking shelves and making sure everything looks good. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around all of the arts in crafts, and talking with customers and seeing what kind of projects they were working on.

Pros

discounts

Cons

short breaks

New manage has no management Skills

Likes to pick favorites. Then plays games with the schedule and does not inform employees. Manager has poor communication skills. When asked simple dispute questions he responds "too bad"!

Pros

Interactions with customers

Cons

Poor management

Enjoyed helping crafters

Enjoyed the workplace environment of helping crafters, knitters and artists with product selection and questions. Management was always helpful with any questions or problems the staff encountered. Tasks were varied among the staff so that I was able to learn the products of different departments and where they were located with the store. I also assisted with planogram set up and general organizing.

Pros

Customer servicing crafters and artists.

Cons

Shop lifters.

It was fun working

it was fun working there. great people to work as a team. good commutation between everyone. there is always someone helping a costumer. always stocking

Pros

great working

Cons

no leadership

Terrible place

Worst manager ever. Judgemental and rude. Picks favorites. Wouldnt apply there again if i was homeless and needed a job to live. The employees are terrible. Pay sucks.

Cons

Short breaks. No benefits. No vacations. Only 30 minutes for lunch even you for an 8+ hour day

Productive, Fun Place to Work

Great staff, busy holiday season, active Management. Regular Pizza days once a week. Training on new products. Framing Department. Good Art & Craft supply store for teachers, parents, students, artists.

Pros

You are on your feet

Cons

Retail/minimum wage

Phenomenal Staff

I was fortunate enough to be accepted into an incredibly informed, helpful, and kind team. Any break from the register was nice, but customers were overall reasonable. Additional tasks helpful to get through slow days.

Fine place to work

Work was not difficult, it is often quite slow. It is easy to pick up and the registers are easy to navigate. The store is not extremely organized so it can be difficult to put things back when they are supposed to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • Cashier/Sales
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?