A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Cashier

3.5Work–Life Balance

It not a good company to work for

I really had a hard time working for them. There was not job advancement. The hours were not enough for the week. Management changed so often. It was laid back, the set up was easy to learn.

Pros

discount

Cons

hours very every week

It was fin

It was a college job. It helped with the discount to buy my school supplies which can be spendy because of art school. The breaks were alittle too short if you’re working a full shift. 30 minutes isn’t enough for anyone’s break no matter what company

Amazing

I definitely miss working here! Great hours 40+ amazing coworkers!! Great benefits! You won’t find another company this amazing. Nothing negative to say about this company

fun with lots of craft items

always a smiling and friendly place. lots of great customers who love to craft or want ideas. loved our customers and our team was amazing! i really loved working with fabrics and helping ppl find items to make things special.

Pros

lots of times manager bought lunches

Cons

very short lunches, but not bad

It was fun to work there the customers where very friendly

The bad was the hours and sometimes the pay sometimes I only had got like three hours or not that many hours for the week the manager was sometimes very rude

My experience at AC Moore

I enjoyed working here, but there were many management issues that I was not happy with. We were in and out of a manager a lot which made things difficult and stressful.

Fun, busy,

I had a lot of fun working here. I got to do a lot of new and exciting things with something I understood and enjoyed. I started to learn new stuff when I asked a manager. Things changed when we got new management. The new Management was a lot harder to work with and no matter how hard I worked to do my job, it wasn't good enough for our new management because it became all about selling the rewards program and I wasn't very good at it.

Pros

discounts

Cons

Management was hard to work with.

Even tho ac Moore is going out of business it’s a great place to work! Everyone is really friendly and more like family. The management is amazing! They work with you if your not understanding something!

Pros

Great people, great management

Cons

Going out of business

Wonderful place to work

The managers explain everything thoroughly, I never felt overworked, the staff is super friendly and all talented in different ways. The discount at the store was great for if you're into any sort of art hobby, there was a great selection to choose from.

Easy retail job, great coworkers

Whether you're on the floor or working the register, this cashier/associate position is a breeze. The manager is constantly stressed, so try not to let it bother you.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Only out of desparation

Not enough hours or pay. Managers will schedule you when you told them you aren't available. Get reward card signups or lose your job. They force people to become higher ups, often after only 2 weeks. They tell you in meetings not to do something (especially coupons) then lecture you in front of customers for not doing it.

Fun productive work enviroment with a big break area in the back for us

they really made me feel like I belonged there they were so welcoming and helpful I only wish that when I moved to Oklahoma that I was able to bring them all with me, I loved helping each customer find what they needed for their projects it made me feel so helpful when they didn't know what medium to use.

Productive workspace

The staff is kind and the work is steady. The hardest part of the job is the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help out customers and buying the products.

Pros

art supplies

Cons

short breaks, inconsitant hours

Cashier

I enjoyed working here, I handled large cash and credit transactions. I replenished the shelves. I worked a lot of overtime, I was a seasonal hire. I worked there during high school years. It was a nice place to work at.

Good Job for a College Student

A typical day at work would be signing onto your cash register and helping customers. I always loved talking to the customers and signing them up! My managers were a lot better than my previous job at McDonald's. Even though there weren't many hours available at this job, it usually worked out for me since I am a full-time college student. The communication skills for this company were their biggest flaw in my opinion, but I would recommend this company to anyone who loves crafting!

good place to work

I only had the opportunity to for for them for about a month due to store liquidation but i enjoyed working for them employees were great managers were great

work here if you need quick cash

when i first got the job at ac moore, i was excited because i really love to work with arts and crafts! a typical day at work could go from chill and laidback to very fast paced and quick. when I started there, the achines weren't proper and very slow which caused bad business. But, ac moore had enjoyable customers and the workplace was fun and efficient. the hardest part of the job was dealing w/ customers who you've explained sales to and still wanted to badger you for coupons you're not allowed to give. At the same time, working w/ customers was also the most enjoyable part of the job as it brightened my day to help people and genuinely leave the store satisfied.

its ok

it's an ok job. low pay rate, some managers favor others. but it can be an interesting job if you do enjoy art and want to learn the different type of materials.

Pros

discounts, weekly pay.

Cons

Favoritism, management is not that great.

Fun people and good manager

I'm part time and would like to be full time or work more but there is rarely advancements and they really don't want anyone to be full time or have more hours. I love the atmosphere there and the people.

Pros

Discounts, great people

Cons

no real advancements

Fun workplace

Working here is really laid back and fun. Customers were fun to talk to and rarely rude, management is very nice and empathetic. Hours are phenomenal towards the end of year.

A really good job to work if you're looking to grow and get some experience under your belt.

A typical day at work would be stock, cashier, customer service and clean the store. I learned a lot on how to address situations with customers. Management was really good up until fall of 2017. The hardest part of the job is seasonal months because it becomes very stressful and fast paced. The most enjoyable was getting to meet a lot of great customers and working with my coworkers.

Pros

breaks depend on the shift you work, good hours, pay every week.

Cons

no benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore