A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

3.5Work–Life Balance

stressful environment. cliquish. nice customers.

Poor management. Too many in charge, with inconsistent answers to employee questions. Lack of proper communication on policy, and procedure. Lack of proper training for returns.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

not enough hours

Decent Experience

The hours are limited; the team members are friendly and are reliable as well. It’s difficult to get by with as your starting pay is $9 an hour. If you perform well you could get a raise or promotion after your yearly assessment.

Loved A.C. Moore

This job gave equal opportunity and loved to welcome anyone. One of the best jobs I ever had. They are willing to work with your schedule and offer overtime if needed.

ACMoore was an awesome place to work

I’m a FT front end supervisor at ACMoore arts & craft store, in Newport, Ky 41071. The store is now in liquidation, the company was a very profitable store & Michaels arts & crafts store bought the company.

Pretty good over all

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the regulars and their needs. It was great to learn what people did with all the craft supplies they bought. The hardest part of my job was explaining the coupons.

underpaid and overwhelmed

I worked for AC Moore on two different occasions. and while i loved my coworkers, and most of the management staff, i found that i was working harder than i felt necessary for the amount i was getting paid.

Front end supervisor

The work experience seem to have to many supervisors and managers not enough hours all employees have complained about the hours. This is a high pace job love working with the customers not so much with the managers. If you needed help they would take their time to help out.

fun and pleasant environment

It was a great environment and the management was excellent. I looked forward to going to work every day because I had customers who were regulars and made my day.

Pros

dress code, close to home, great management

Fun workplace with great management

I loved working for A.C. Moore and regret leaving to find another job. A typical work day was chill and you usually had a task or a few to complete each day you worked. I loved that I almost always had something to do. The management was great and encouraged and supported me in my position. I would definitely recommend A.C. Moore to someone looking for a chill but collaborative workplace that houses great employees!

Pros

Discounts, Management

family environment

Great place to work because the employees treat you like family, although it isnt something ideally permanent. If you are looking for something permanent there, prove yourself and you will get somewhere. But be ready for it to take some time to get to that point.

great work days

A typical work day would allow me to smile all day . I was working in the front end of the store greeting all customers upon arrival . Doing cash and credit card return ordering products for wedding . I loved working with the team and being a people person. the hardest part is when I relocated back to NY because my daughter needed me.

Management cares less than associates do

Before I start, there’s a few really good people working here at the time this review is posted, and they will teach you a lot when they have the time. Hours are cut back more and more each year and the pay is horrendous. Constant skeleton crews, and rampant favoritism made the environment drastically decline over the last year. Also don’t make friends with anyone in the store because a few veteran members will be convinced you’re sleeping together.

Terrible management

The management was awful due to lack of communication between employees. Also, the immature and unprofessional attitude from the asst mgr towards employees AND Customers!! Was totally inappropriate but no one cared. It baffled me.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Mgmt

Fun Co-Workers and Fun Customers

A very fast pace, fast thinking environment. Always doing our best to make the customer feel at home when shopping and right when cashing out. Management is pretty down to earth with open door policies. The hardest part is when we would have to explain and enforce Coupon regulations. Or trying to recover and/or finish a planogram project on a very busy day. I mostly enjoyed being released from register to spend time on the floor with my project or customers.

Pros

Free Uniform T-Shirts.

Cons

minimum health care

fun and productive place

a typical day was seeing where you were assigned register, or on the floor straightening or retrieving products from warehouse The workplace culture was an easy and fun atmosphere The hardest part of the job was managers did not know what to assign you also did not get any pay increases.

Pros

fun atmosphere

Cons

short breaks-no pay increases

Team members are great the corporate team and management is horrible

The corporation does not care about their employees (team members) but praise the GM who doesn’t do anything but bark orders while holding a cup of coffeee

Pros

The discount on top of coupons

No real room for growth

I have now been at A.C. Moore for five years and have seen little to no growth available for me. This is in terms of career advancement and salary. It may be an easy job, but if you're looking for something more than a part time job, maybe look else where.

Fun, friendly, excellent managers

ACMoore was a great place to work. The managers were exceptional in assisting staff as well as customers, and creating a relationship with employees. I especially loved getting to know the regular crafters (customers) and assisting them with their purchases.

A.C. Moore was my Krusty Krab

It wasn't impressive or lucrative, but I LOVED working at A.C. Moore. We were like a family of vagabonds selling art supplies in a run-down craft store, and it was a blast.

Pros

fun company culture, busy

Cons

low pay, lack of job security

Great Team!

Would've loved to keep working here if the pay was better. The Team is amazing, starting from management down to sales associates. I was able to work during the hours that I was available and I was able to get time off as needed (with a 2 week notice, or for emergencies - unpaid). I really enjoyed the challenge of the longer hours and increased number of customers during the holidays. We had difficult customers. But when the team is by you, the annoying customers don't ruin your day.

Pros

Amazing Team! Enjoyed working with everyone! Every day was awesome because of them.

Cons

Low pay. :(

Bad Management

Management does not communicate and often each manager has their "own way of doing things" Schedules are posted 3 days before new work week starts, each week is different, there are no set schedules. Pay is ridiculously low. Job description is constantly added to, compensation is not. Training is minimal.

Pros

Cons

See above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore