A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Front End Manager

3.5Work–Life Balance

A.c. moore is closed now but here are my feelings

I was a front end supervisor when I was at AC Moore. If I went back I would have preferred to be a regular "team member" cashier-- the pay is slightly less but has significantly less stress, fewer responsibilities, cleaning, tasks etc. But if you're passionate about customer service and enjoy all those activities, more power to you. The stress and soul-sucking meaninglessness of retail customer service not worth it to me. Got a great discount though and made a few meaningful friendships. Sometimes it was tolerable, and I often had interesting chats with customers and coworkers. I learned that exchanges of kindness with strangers was one of the most stimulating parts of my day. I like bringing a little positivity and friendliness to someone's day, to say something encouraging or scan a coupon for their purchase they didn't know about. The connections and small moments are what matters, and being an authentic person, not a zombie reading a script about "rewards cards sign-ups". Wish ACMoore was still around, but the world of commerce and retail is changing.

Pros

Discount, making friends, being around art supplies, genuine conversations with customers

Cons

Soul-sucking, meaningless, stressful, hectic environment, difficult managers, wearing dumb shirt

Loved this place

Management and employees were always friendly and welcoming. I loved working here and hated sing the entire branch shut down. I was there until the final days and was really sad to see everything go. It will be missed.

A fun, friendly envionment where our personalities could shine

I was a Front End Supervisor. I have worked there twice and the time before I was a FES as well as the Wilton Method Instructor. It was a relaxed atmosphere most of the time but we were always working. Management was the best I have ever worked for.They truly cared about the people who worked there. I miss it. We were bought out and were forced to close our stores. None of wanted to leave.

Sell arts and crafts

It is a good job, selling Arts and Crafts. There are some great, creative people who shop and work there. Unfortunately though, the company is no longer around (as of the beginning of 2020)

Mass layoff

Good company to work for but the company sold and there is a mass layoff so I have no other choice but to find a new full time job, hopefully something as enjoyable

Nice environment.

The people who worked there are very nice and always super helpful. The other employees are very welcoming. Management can be not the best at sometimes but they do run a very good store.

It Was Fun

Loved The People i Worked With And Made Some Life Long Friends. The customers were Really Nice as Well , Only Down Fall Is When I Came Back I Was Forced To Work in The Back Away From All My Customers.

It was alright

I had interviewed for a different position than what I ended up actually working, it had been discussed I would move once I learned the system more fully. Nothing had ever been discussed without my bringing it up and nothing ever came from it. Customers were great. it was fully management that made the place disorganized and awful to work at

AC Moore is going out of business

Worked there 10 yrs. Started out as FES, fir almost 3 yrs. Was then promoted to Activities Specialist in charge of product design and all classes. Then onto Custom floral design when that position was liquidated company wide. It is now going out of business.

Great place

Great place to work, great people. Corporate is SAF, but the core store employees are awesome all the way up to and including most of the management..

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Occasionally Bougie customers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Incredible people, but still retail

I adore everyone I worked with there; you wont find a better group of coworkers. The only downside is that it's retail. Sporadic, part time hours and unruly customers who can hurl abuse you have to just smile and nod through. I only left due to lack of hours/low pay, if I could have made a livable wage there I would never have left. I still go back to visit my coworkers and say hi to everyone; I truly enjoyed my 5+ years working there.

Worse job ever...

Glad I left this place. I never seen so much drama over popsicle sticks and and plan-o-grams. There way to much estrogen here. There almost all older women. Really not a lot of diversity.

Horrible Pay and hours

Would never offer overtime. I was a supervisor and people under me were getting paid more because they got hired at a different pay rate. Would not offer me more pay when i asked. Was not even giving me a full forty hours a week even though i was a supervisor. Would offer to promote me and never would. Evaluations you would get a mere ten cents raise regardless if you were doing a good job or not.

Cons

pay rate, hours

Fun Place To Work UnReasonable Managers

Fun Environmental Place To Work Meet Alot Of Nice Well Rounded People, Learn How To do New Things As Far As Crafts Go, Management Could Be More Professional And Explain A Bit More Thoroughly The Policy Of The Company.

Front end supervisor

In charge of all the cashier on duty during the time I am working. This includes making change, helping with the customers, voiding out any errors made during cash out.

All of the employees are great people including the managers, almost always busy, the attire is firmly to be black pants and shoes and a ac moore shirt.

Horrible horrible place to work.

The manager at acmoore promised to hire me back after i jad my daughter. And they broke their promise to me. Not only that i waa sexually assulted by my boss. Which i never reported bc i didnt want to lose my job.! The management in altoona pa is trash! So unprofessional. The manager then proceeded to get in my personal file retrieve my phone number and started texting me.

Acmoore fes

I love being an FES because I can do returns and void items easily. I am also in charge of the break schedule and cleaning the area. I love to greet the customers and help them get the best possible deal for their projects.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Technology hasn't been updated..no price checkers in the store

Fun and relaxed environment

Other than the occasional rush, this is a great work environment. Hours are decent and management is extremely understanding. Honestly, this is my favorite job so far and I really dont want to leave.

A fine place to work for the hard working

I was treated more than fairly during my time at this company. Learned a lot from my managers about teamwork, leadership, and how to balance your responsibilities among the three. It helps that I made friends along the way.

Too much work, not enough pay

The work is very fast paced, with no advancement in career. Very busy store with not enough employees. The hours at the job vary and Hard to schedule other things in the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore