A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Operations Supervisor

3.5Work–Life Balance

Opportunities to grow

excellent management, great team and very friendly. Opportunities for advancement . I enjoyed working there because of the challenging environment. Great company.

Pros

Career grow, benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

No cons

Nice Coworkers - Callous Corporate Culture

I worked at AC Moore for less than one year, and in that time our team built two stores from the ground up. It was very exciting to see how experienced they were in the the building process, and they were growing very quickly. I learned so much during those first couple of months. Issues began to arise when the stores actually opened. There was very little training available at the store level. Their policies contradicted one another in terms of vacation time. Store management's hands were tied. Corporate had to be consulted about everything, even to hang a cork board in the store. We kept receiving extra merchandise with nowhere to display or store it. Positions were not re-filled when staff left. Hours were frugally monitored, and staff was demoted and cut. Our store opened in August of 2018, and all stores were closed by March 2020.

Pros

Dynamic environment, warm staff members, employee discount

Cons

No full time hours, contradicting policies, callous corporate culture

Great job until...

Working here was awesome til they announced that all stores were closing and we were all out of a job soon, I stayed til the end with many of my coworkers (sadly most had no choice as so many people looking for the same type of job made it difficult to find one). Liquidating was stressful and frustrating but I felt a sense of responsibility to the younger and newer employees to stay and do my best.

Best place ive ever worked

Was like going to family when I worked there. It was never "work". When you're surrounded by people you love and doing something you love, it's always a great gift. But unfortunately they're closing and all things come to an end :(

Team-based environment

We all did a great job preparing the store to open, some people were newer to retail but those of us with more advanced skills taught them so they could learn from the experience to be more helpful to the entirety of the project.

Not a great company to work for

Employer not great, not caring. Overall could care less about employees. The employees themselves were great! Corporate, not so much. Benefits also not great

A Nice Place to Work For

So at the time I got out, they were going through a lot of changes so I am not sure how relevant this review will be at the time of looking. It's like any other retail job if I'm perfectly straight with you; It's based on getting along with the people who are there and doing your absolute best to make sure that the work environment is great for everyone who has to be there that day. It is in my opinion the most important part of a manager's job to make sure the place is welcoming and that the manager has the back of the employee. I learned how to best use my customer service skills and how to properly coax angry customers into being nice ones (it's pretty much just agree with what they say even if you know it's wrong), and how to best market to an individual.

Pros

Very flexible, great atmosphere, lots of hard working people

Cons

short breaks

It was a fun place to work

The customer made working at A.C. Moore fun. Getting talk to them about the crafts they were doing and learning from them on how to do different crafts was enjoyable.

Pros

customer

Cons

hours

Working with great people and talking with our customer.

Starting the day with cash reconciliation, then reviewing tasks needing to be accomplished for the day/week. Prepare for Team Members to arrive, morning huddle, then assign tasks to available cashiers. Hardest part of the job is balancing the tasks that need to be completed and the influx of customers. Customers are top priority. Every day is a new adventure, be open minded and cheerful. Enjoy working with the entire team.

Pros

Opportunity to learn something new every day.

Cons

Budget hours during the slow season

Best Job I Ever Had

AC Moore was a fun and fast paced environment. I was given the opportunity to be creative multiple times and my art degree was taken seriously. The people I worked with were amazing as well

Pros

great job

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Great place

More physically demanding than I would have imagined. Great people. Made the job more fun and enjoyable. Had a tough time with working multiple shifts within a week, but I suppose you have to know that's going to happen with retail.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Shift work

Not the best company to work for, but a good starter.

It's great when you first start, but it went downhill after that. Lot's of turnover in management and they don't really care about what's happening to their employees. I.E. Family emergencies don't mean anything to them.

Pros

Discounts

management

Management could use some training in business and in people skills. Rotating schedules make it difficult to find part time employment. Further training is not available to assist with furthering your career.

Productive and fun

Very fun and outgoing company. Fast paced environment and customer driven. Only con is the pay for your job description and the cutting hours due to not making sales from the prior year. Other than that if you love arts and crafts A.C.Moore is the place for you.

Pros

fun, fast paced enviroment

Cons

pay

Craft World

This job is just like other retail jobs that is fast paced, multi-tasking and customer service driven. You are there to serve the customers and keep the store in shape. Management works hard for the most part to help keep the store running. The difference here compared to grocery stores is that you get to witness many creative ideas come to life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore