A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for RC Frame Manager

3.5Work–Life Balance

Fun Relaxed Atomosphere

It's been several years since I've worked at A.C. Moore, but when I did it was a lot of fun. It was my first real job. I learned a lot about management at this job. I started off as a part time employee and would work full time during the summers. I eventually became Custom Framing Manager and built up a lot of responsibilites with ordering, organizing, taking orders, placing orders and putting together frames. I worked with a lot of great people and still are friends with them to this day. And the most enjoyable part of my job was learning more arts and crafts type projects and really becoming a manager.

Depends on coworkers

There was very small wiggle room for growth inside the company, and it could possibly take years, but while in college, I was able to work my way up to a supervisor position. Otherwise, the pay is as expected for a retail job although the duties transcend the tasks listed on your application (if you're any good at the job). Soon, you'll be responsible for a good majority of the store as they always seem to be understaffed. The management expects a lot, and seems stressed themselves. But overall, I had a good time with my coworkers whom I got along with well, and created friendships that carried over outside of work as well. It was a good experience but certainly not a career.

Pros

coworkers, experience, flexible hours

Cons

no benefits, no sick leave

Some managers were wonderful, helpful and supportive. Others were abusive and rude. Coworkers were really great and helpful. Lots of laughs and met my best friend working together there!

It's ok but not great

Not the best place to work. Not enough hours or pay. Management at my location was horrible and will take about you behind your back. If you have a problem with a coworker, management does nothing to help.

Pros

free lunch sometimes, fun coworkers

Cons

management, pay

Poor management at most locations

The scheduling with this company is all over the place. Nothing consistent and hours are reduced constantly based on the previous years sales and labor needs. Poor management and no room to grow.

Fast paced work, lots to learn.

My time at A.C. Moore was not bad at all. It is a fast-paced work environment with a somewhat steep learning curve depending on your position. You are always on your feet and moving, which is not a bad thing, as the work day goes by quick. You must be very detail oriented.

Pros

Discounts, fulfillment.

asdfasdfas

again i'm being forced to leave a review again i don't want to do this this is absolutely ridiclous and i really don't care if i spell things wrong this is dumb

Very little opportunity for advancement

When I worked at AC Moore there was almost no room for advancement. Overall it is not a good company to invest your time in unless you are able to get hired as an assistant manager or higher. Hopefully there will be positive improvements since the company is now under new ownership.

A Nice Place to Work

Co-worker and management are nice and treat all of the employees well. The employee discount is great and you can attend classes. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with quotas, plus moving boxes and cleaning can be physical.

Pros

Co-workers, Management, Employee Discount

Cons

Quotas, Physical Labor

Toxic environment, poor management

I started working as a seasonal employee in late October 2015. I moved up to managing the custom framing counter eventually. By June of 2016 I was worn down to absolutely nothing. Going to work was a chore and filled me with anxiety. Once the new quarter started, tons of changes and rules were passed down the ladder from corporate suits that are entirely disconnected from those of us on the ground. As a result, the added stress put on the GM and other MODs made the work environment go from the fun place I'd started in to a toxic and exhausting place to work. With full knowledge that a lot of us had loads of essential work to do, we were ordered to prioritize small and menial tasks instead. With 18 orders to check, a weekly performance review and a PSR to complete in my shortest shift of the week, I was ordered (given no choice) to run the kids craft table up until an hour before the shift ended. And they would get on OUR case for time management issues. I'll keep the rest short in saying the customers could get away with anything, I.e. Using expired coupons, arguing the price of an item to the point of our managers giving it to them at pretty much whatever price they wanted, and verbally harassing the associates. They are stingy with hours and pay. Plan for a second job if you want to make rent and bills happen. Long shift? You get a half an hour break for lunch and a 15. Shorter shift? Just a 15. The silver lining? I had excellent coworkers.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Literally everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

It's a job

Can't really say too much about it except that it's a job and you get what you get out of it. Management could use a little bit of tweaks here and there. I like framing, it's the most fun you can have at a minimum wage job.

Pros

work

Cons

work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore
  • RC Frame Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?