A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

3.5Work–Life Balance

Overall Had Fun Working There

Acmoore is a slow paced, but still competitive work environment. The management know what they are doing, and they do it with precision. The other associates are kind and friendly, but when it comes to respect for eachother, that is their top priority, next to the customer.

Pros

Store Discount

I loved it here

Unfortunately, A.C. Moore is now closed for good but I enjoyed my time while I was there. The managers were amazing and so were the coworkers. The workload was light and it was a good job for me to learn at.

enjoyable customer interaction

Interact with customers to assist them purchase items they need in order to complete their project. Work schedule relatively flexable. Time off easily obtained.

Fun and coworkers were nice

Most managers and coworkers were kind and helped when needed or asked. It was nice going into work knowing that coworkers were there to help and make the day better

Best job

For my 1 year working at AC Moore has been amazing working with amazing people and I have learned a lot and sadly AC Moore's closing and I'm going to miss it very much cuz I work with great people

A great place to work!😄

Positive, friendly work culture. Great place to learn customer service, some sales and store recovery skills. Only downside is it would be nice if they paid just a little more.

Overall my experience with AC Moore was good for what it was

The best part about working at AC Moore was the customers and their attitude towards staff and my coworkers. Work is either dead or hopping there is no real inbetween. There's always busy work if nothing else is going on.

Work

Just look at it as an experience. Work. Work work work work work work work work work. Temporary job. Raises aren’t high enough. Nice for summer or second job.

creativity is not rewarded

The more creative you are, the less management cares unless they don't know how to do your job. Management is so two-faced, they don't care about the employees. Harassment by management is to expected and when reported is blown off. Drug use if rampant and known.

Cons

rampant drug use, nepotism, harrassment

Friendly work environment

In my opinion it was laid back. I felt at ease there. I'd get there early and have breakfast and/or cocoa with my coworkers in the break room. My co workers were very patient with me. I felt good about going to work so early. I waited to late to ask for an earlier shift. It was rejuvenating.

Pros

I got nice discounts on products.

Cons

I felt like resigned to do the same thing, but if they didn't think I was doing a good job they would have me do something else.

I worked here part time while in full time college. Everyone was very nice to work with, I had no problems with any of the dynamics at this store. As a cashier I worked on the register primarily, but also worked on the floor picking up dropped merchandise and reshelving.

Sometimes slow and sometimes fast workplace with many outlying cons

Every day going into work, I never knew what to expect. I didn't know if it'd be a slow easy day so I can clean my section, or a fast paced busy day where I'm stuck at the register while my section is getting ruined. I always dreaded a busy day for two reasons. One, I am stuck at my register all day with customers that are very nasty. Two, while I'm stuck at my register, my section is getting messy. At the end of the day when it starts to die down and we close soon, I am finally able to get my returns and go clean my section. However, that's clouded by managers or FES's who give me an attitude for my section not being cleaned, even though they are the ones who put me up at my register all day.

Pros

Good pay, nice co-workers, clean environment

Cons

Unprofessional management, nasty customers

Great store

Very good management, outstanding staff most of whom actually know their way around arts and crafts, regular customers are fantastic, it gets a little crazy around Christmas but their latest point of sale update should taper that

Pros

Staff, management, even at the corporate level this is just a great company

Cons

hourly pay but it's retail

enjoyable work environment

I really enjoyed my time with A.C. Moore, The only complaint would be hours varied and some weeks you only had 15, other weeks you had almost 30. Would have liked a more consistent work schedule with great hours. Even so, working here was a great learning experience and I'm happy with the team members that I was able to work with.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

inconsistent hours.

Fun

No communication at all between workers they didn’t work around my availability at all but great coworkers and a lot f fun they do not drug test and it is hard t advance there

It was aight

Job was easy, a bit too easy at times, found myself bored more often than not. Co-workers were decent, same with my managers, one of which actually offered to be a reference for future applications. Nice Guy.

ok

Average working position for parttime work. People are great to work for. The pay could be better. Wish there was benefits. At this job there is no advancement.

Creative

there was a lot of running around helping customers, can get pretty busy. I got to learn new products and how to use them/use all different types of craft supplies to make pretty much anything. Had some laid back co-workers. Hardest part was working with the top manager, he liked to take credit for other peoples work, also had a very uptight point of view and could be very mean and put people down. The most enjoyable part would be working with the lower associates, making friends while being able to be productive. Also being able to do projects with kids for birthday parties and activities used for advertising.

First Job

Easy temporary job. Got a good feel for retail that wasn't in a mall. Management could use more leadership. If you have an interest in the arts this is a good place to gain knowledge on needed supplies.

Pros

easy job

Cons

Coupons, not large enough employee discount

Management Needs Improvement

There is an overload of work while there are a limited amount of associates. Due to this managers are overbearing in dictating tasks and are not helpful because they feel as though their duties should be elsewhere instead of helping out on the floor or registers. There are numerous complaints from customers about the long lines. There are managers that are so terrible that from one store to the next they are known for how terrible they are and employees are hesitant to transfer from their store. The pay is rather decent, but that's if you receive hours while being on the good side of the manager. There are a lot of flaws with this company. The qualifications to move up in management cannot be measured. If you want to move up there is another application process and it is done at the decision of your managers who are extremely petty and bias. It is an unfair system. This job is temporary at best. They also have mandatory overtime during holiday months and if you miss a day from these 40 hour weeks you will be terminated.

Pros

you have a source of income

Cons

no benefits

Good people in an unorganized store

For the AC Moore I was working at Working was not super stressful but had its moments of I cant wait to go home. Learned a lot of retail and store wordplay. Management was funny and I times lazy but for the most part were never wrong. Everyone was quiet at the store I worked at besides a couple standouts that everyone store has! Hardest part of the job was getting used to the retail business this being my first one and getting used to the customers. Again this being my first job the most enjoyable part was learning, trying new things and being in an crafting store.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Breaks felt short!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore