A.C. Moore
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

3.5Work–Life Balance

Efficient work environment

I worked as a cashier and worked under a manager who was efficient, good with customers, and taught me more about managerial skills. I was interested in this position because of my background as an artist.

just regular retail

Pretty simple tasks but felt laborious walking around all day and restocking or cleaning. The hourly rate was terrible, I believe $10. Not worth it.

Pros

easy tasks

Cons

low pay

Fast paced and busy

This job is a good start if you’re young and need experience. All A.C Moore’s are closed now though but luckily I had a good staff all around.

it was alright

it was fineee. it was kinda boring and the managers were so strict for no reason but besides that it was okay. it was alright for how short i was there for

Great people to work with, mediocre pay

Great job if you don't have bills to pay, the pay is mediocre at best, but the employees are always super nice and understanding of everything. Job isn't too stressful and the managers treat like an actual human.

not productive workplace

Did not like working with the management and he set unclear goals and under-compensated staff that had been there for a few years and also gave raises to employees who only just started.

Good first job

It's retail, not much else you need to know. Minimum wage, meh hours, and repetitive work. Decent people, managers were nice. Training was ridiculous, never happened. They would just walk up and say " Sign this paper that says you did this safety training".

Cons

You will smell like a craft store and be coated in glitter

Good for summer job as an associate

I had this job during winter break. I was offered a full time position but opted for just the part time position. I enjoy working with my coworkers. Thank you.

Create, fun, great deals

You will learn a lot about craft making from staff and customers. Friendly staff and welcoming. Fair customer experience. Good management. Variety of crafts available in store

Pros

Craft making, fun environment

Cons

Compensation, flexibility

Out of business

This business is closed. I do not have 150 characters explain the closing of the company. I am still just filling in this box so that I may continue on my way in the job search process. You are not making this an easy or friendly experience.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.C. Moore?

Excellent Work Experience

It was a pleasure to work for AC Moore. The Staff, Managers and customers were overall ideal. This company had almost everything any child or adult would want. Will miss this store since the got bought out.

Good company to work for

I enjoyed working at ac Moore. Management was nice & helped when you needed it. Everyday when working I learned something new to do. They were very helpful when you were just learning something new.

It was an amazing place to work at. The managers were very supportive and kind and the staff was great. I'm sad that my location had to close due to the company being bought out.

A.C Moore

Kinda sad that they are going out of business. I did really like working for the company. The people were nice but one of the managers wasn't the nicest. The company cared for the community and gave back to children in need during the Christmas time

I love my job

Its not a job when you love working there and everyone becomes part of your family. I would definitely recommend Acmoore to future applicants. But unfortunately they are no longer going to be an option.

Ok for first job

AC Moore is okay for a first time job. It’s an easy job being it’s retail. The pay rate is low though. For part time I only get 10 hours per week. So it’s good if your fresh out of high school and don’t have many bills or just need extra easy money.

Fast paced and stressful

It's retail. You get told what to do and if you do it good enough, you keep your hours. Don't be surprised if you hear employees gossiping or grumbling about how they hate it there, or how rude the customers get. It's not exactly employee based. They are more focused on the quality of the store and satisfaction of the customers rather than how the employees are being treated. It's not great. A job to get you to a better job.

Relaxed with fun employees

They expect you to do your job but also want you to have fun doing it. The employees there easily become your friends. Very relaxed and an overall happy place to work.

Okay for temporary work

Here’s some pros and cons from the location I worked at... PRO: management understands your pay is bad. Because of this, as long as you put in your requests off two weeks in advance you’ll get them. They’re also receptive to availability. CON: they forget and will back pedal and say you never made the request off. So take pictures before you drop them in the slot. PRO: This is a good first retail job. Retail is hard to get into without experience, and whether or not you have art skills you’ll probably get hired. CON: very short staffed, so you’re expected to do much more work than what 8 an hour is worth. PRO: a nice break room with snacks! CON: “who can sell the most paid membership” contests with “gift card of your choice” prize incentives are sometimes fake, and the gift card never happens. Very rude. PRO: no toxic co-workers, at least when I worked there. I don’t know how much has changed since I left, people come and go very fast. Management isn’t toxic, just petty and not great at morale, or remembering important stuff. Lastly, and this is personal, so you can decide for yourself whether or not this bothers you: One time, manager 1 was supposed to tell me the schedule changed and I worked a day I had off. I took a picture of my schedule before the change, and I usually don’t look at the schedule until I need to take a picture again. That day comes and I get woken up by a phone call from manager 2. Manager two asks why I’m not at work, because I’m scheduled. I look at the picture in my phone, and it doesn’t appear I am. Manager 2 tells me Manager 1 told -

friendly and welcoming

It was my first job. It taught me some about retail such as restocking and ringing on register. It taught me how to answer customers questions and how to handle certain situations.

Enjoyable with the right team!

Like any job, it all comes down to your team and managers. Luckily at my location there are only a few of us and we are like family. Our managers are laid back but hardworking and work with each of us and any problems or needs we may have. Working for A.C. Moore was definitely something I enjoyed and helped me become a more sociable person and gave me the confident to deal with one on one with customers.

Pros

Flexibility, Communication

Cons

Part time only, Low Pay, Short Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.C. Moore