A1 Jobs
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A1 Jobs Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Good company

Well organised, and I was treated fairly and I was never out of work, plenty of opportunity to progress further and gain full time contract work down the line.

Misleading

Found the people at the agency decent people and have no gripe with them personally but felt I needed to review my time there. Found the ad misleading, full training given, no was out doing the job on the first morning. No mention you have to sit a course before you start at a cost of £145. Rate stated at £9.97 ,forgot to mention you pay your own holiday pay out of this so it's minimum wage. And sadly although I have left the company and I know with the deduction of the course what little amount I had left to come I did not receive and neither did a colleague of mine. So personally for me a very poor experience.

Pros

Good lads on the job and helped me a lot.

Cons

Lots of responsibility if your a driver as you are liable to pay for damage to the vehicle

7.5 tonne driver....always got varied work on long term basis

been registered with A1 jobs for a long time, Pat always has work for me with their many varied contracts the work is regular, pay is very good. Pat is very flexible with shifts even if its part time or full time A1 have always been very accommodating. highly recommend A1 if you want to work.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

In hard times, these guys saved me (and your boxes)

So I'm a fresh graduate in a field that has gone down the drain. I applied to A1 jobs on a off chance and not only they got back to me quick but also sorted me work by the up coming Monday. They mainly hire for porter jobs, which I had never done before, but the guys who train you are friendly, safe and positive. After my first week of working here honestly I'm pretty happy and beats other jobs that would pay less for the same amount of effort.Big shout out to A1, honestly. A better agency than most.

Pros

Friendly staff, decent wages and quick replies on questions.

Cons

Porter work is hard, if you can't carry heavy boxes this is not the job for you.

agency work

worked when they required you to work un less you phoned and show that you were keen. must be quite fit in order to do the job that's required as it is heavy lifting.

Brilliant workplace.

Everyday was a learning curve, learning new things. How to lay out lane closures, to using temp traffic lights. The hours was long but i got on with co-workers very well so it made it enjoyable.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Long hours.

productive

Enjoyable work place, as i like interacting with public. I learned how to handle cash, my customer service skills improved with this job. The other workers were great to work with.

Pros

food at end

Cons

hardly any work

kind working enviroment

As this was my first job I was a bit unsure of the whole thing but I found the staff were very kind, re-assuring and patient as I was learning what to do .

Pros

free lunches

productive

Started at 6pm in the evenings and worked until 8am the next day.The hours were very long but time usually went by quick as patrolling the site usually took some time.The management were fantastic and were very easy going with the employees. The hardest part of the job was working nights and with it being 14 hour shifts it was very tiring i personally prefer day shifts but if the company needed me to do nights i was flexible and didnt really mind.

Pros

flexible

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A1 Jobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A1 Jobs