ABC Towing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ABC Towing Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

I think abc is a good place to work, for someone looking to get into the towing industry. There are a lot of hours but it can be rewarded if helping people. You work closely with fore and rescue and law enforcement.

Pros

Nice people, great owner

Cons

No home time, no benefits, no advancement opportunities

Low pay

Low pay lack of work, even when busy still making nothing. On call all the time, always eating fast food, other drivers don't slow down when you are on side of road

Not a grate place to work

Please find some other please to work you will drive yourself nuts trying to just work and be at home for family time and sleep you will not get that much sleep and thay don’t care about what you need at all not a good company to work for if you have a family you don’t matter at all your just a number to them

Always CYA

So many issues to list. If your not young with no kids and no life this is not the place for you. Make sure you always cya.. Cover your own a**. And have time to waste.

Good people to work with

Very fair and considerate they understand what going on in your life and will help you work around important personal days. Cant say anything negative about them it has and is a pleasure to work with them.

Long hours without my family

Working with ABC was awful, working 12 or more hours per day for very minimal pay. Was told upon hire that I would be making 10/hr after completing training, that was not the case. They offered me a salary of $400/week with an extra $10/call after 6pm when calls could take up to 3 hours to complete. I was working every single night, with a wife and 3 kids at home making only $400-$500 a week, working more than 50 hours a week. $500 was on a good week, and I never got to see my wife or kids, things were sporadic. I was supposed to be working in the Salisbury area after 6pm because thats where I live, but was all the time scheduled to work in the Charlotte/Huntersville area. Getting minimal sleep every night, working 7am-6pm regularly and then going on call, working usually until 2am-4am, then having to get back up again. Averaging only 2-3 calls a night, working those hours from 6pm-2am or 4am for only $20-$30 extra..

Pros

Dont have to clock out for lunch, the people were nice, make tips occasionally

Cons

Dont have a lot of time for lunch, didnt get to spend time with my family, pay sucks, was lied to about the pay, on call all the time, little sleep

Fast paced enviroment with a lot of adrenaline rushes

A typical day as a tow truck operator involves driving all over the state of Texas delivering or picking up vehicles for customers, changing tires or installing new ones while on the side of the highway and fuel delivery. I learned to be very oriented in customer service and job success, didn't like being on call 24/7 but also enjoyed being called out in the middle of the night or early mornings to respond to emergencies with minimal to no injuries and work alongside the Fire and Police departments.

Pros

Managed own lunch and break schedule

Cons

Being on call 24/7

work day

my work days were pretty good stayed busy did my job to the best of my ability and did my job as safe as I could and I really enjoyed it I worked every other weekend and 3 nights out of the week on call

Fantasic

Great place to work, amazing work foundation. I have learned to change car batteries and get keys out of a locked car. the hardest part of the jobs was driving back and forth to place and making sure i had enough drive time to make it on time to the next appointment. The management was great also made sure i had everything i needed.

Pros

free lunch, some place gave drinks, tips

Cons

short break sometimes none

long hours, you can get called in the middle of the night so you are always on call. pay is decent but its an exhausting job since you are always on the go.

Pros

drive

Cons

no benefits

Great place to work. A shame the company has closed.

This position was the most liked one out of all the jobs I have ever held. I contacted AAA or private customers to discuss charges, payments, damages, experience with tow truck drivers. Made schedules for tow drivers and dispatched tow trucks to disabled vehicles. Management was great because it was family. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a disgruntle customer. I loved going to work there, interacting with customers and other companies. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors due to the owner's health issues and later passed away.

Pros

Able to work from home, co-workers were friendly

Cons

The company shut down

A great place to work one big happy family

It's never the same day twice! i have learnt to work under pressure and quick problem solving skills. All the drivers have great personalities and make the day fun instead of work. i really enjoy being able to help people and make good friends at the same time.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

dealing with some of the accidents(fatalities)

Easy Work Family Bussiness

Very relaxed atmosphere. You need to stay busy and making sure you are being positive Have good ethics and be on time.

Pros

fun, easy, positive

Cons

Indapenedent enviorment

Productive and very stressful, but all so fun at time's.

Would answer multi line, take information then dispatch out the right truck for the job. I did learn the different types of truck's used for the different size of vehicle, such as motor homes, car's truck's . All so learned a variety of clerical duties such as running DMV on the vehicle's and inputting the information in the computer, as to who the owner of the vehicle was. Management was good to work with seeing I sat right next to him every day. He was very easy to get along with. Over all the co-worker's were very easy to get along with. Seeing they were tow truck driver's and they had their own type of Stress that goes with that type of job. We all seam to do a lot of laughing. The hardest part of the job was when you would have a vehicle owner come in that was a victim and they could not get their vehicle due to no money, or it was used in a robbery or it had been in a accident and their was a fatality. The most enjoyable part of the job was When a person would come in and be so thankful that their vehicle had not been stolen , or if it had been that it had been found and every thing was still their. And over all just to go to work so I could pay my way in life.

Pros

Healthcare, payed time off

Cons

Short breacks, would have to take lunch at desk while still working.

Good Company

Standard towing company, high turnover right. They dont put much thought into work/life balance because if you call out you have it hanging above your head for the next few weeks. Overall good people and nice environment but no chance of advancement.

Busy office environment. Must be excellent at multi-tasking

A typical day is making invoices, answering phones and dealing with customers face to face. This job required excellent customer service experience. I managed a staff of 3 employees. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done that needed to be done in the allowed hours of each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the great customers and being busy all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Towing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC Towing