ADP logo
ADP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ADP Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 6,739 reviews

fun place

manager not soo Your most essential qualification is your ability to convince people to purchase products or ideas that may be new to them. So when you're interviewing for a role, interviewers will expect you to bring all those skills to the forefront and sell yourself.During interviews, you can expect several questions about why you work in sales, from why you like it to what motivates you, and more.

Official response from ADP

3 June 2021
We appreciate the time you spent with ADP and the insights you shared about your experience.

toxic environment

training of low quality easy to get mental health issues due to stress of work and collegues .serving customers is the best thing . exposure to multinational systems is great experience

benefits

Cons

insensitive

Ethically & Morally the worst place to work.

Management is very unprofessional, unfair & unorganized. Favoritism at an all time high. Overworked and underpaid to the max. HR is a serious joke. No job security at all. If you dont suck up to managers your overlooked and mistreated horribly. They pride themselves on gunning for you if they dont like you. No proper training. It's a sink or swin environment.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, unfair treatment, no help or proper training.

Exciting company with growth potential

Adp is a nice place to work. I enjoy the camaraderie as well as the direction the company is headed with products to support our clients. There are lots of opportunities.

Good for grads

Good for grads starting out learning the landscape. Hard work, great team members willing to share information. Low pay, low increases, long hours.

Pros

Very diverse

Cons

Unsteady management

Management needs changing

The company as a whole needs to improve, they have the wrong idea on how to service clients. The service side is brutal in the smaller space, my manager is just worried about herself and getting ahead.

Cons

Management, slow to make necessary changed

It's a no for me!

Company does not value your mental health. I've seen a bunch of new employees that I have either trained or mentored get more pay and better positions over the employees who have the tenor and knowledge. Then you hire an AM to be a manager over other applicants who are more qualified for the role. ADP only moves you up if they LIKE you not if your qualified. Over load of work not compatible with an 8 hour day. I found myself working on weekends while other chilled at home and got raises while I slaved with no internal support at all. Stress is not worth it especially if you are not recognized for anything you do. It's not what you know, it's who you know with ADP.

Pros

Non

Cons

short breaks, no help, no acknowledgement or value for employees

Not a great company to work for

There is not a lot to praise about ADP. The work was boring, the pay was well below market value, and management was abysmal. ADP likes to think of itself as a tech company but it’s the furthest thing from the truth. No remote working options, high turnover from all teams, and lack of vision from leadership.

Pros

401K match

Cons

Bad Management, Poor Compensation, Awful Health Plan, No Remote Work

Productive work place

Work is given according to your capability. Friendly team. We have fun and cultural activities. We are given opportunities to work on interested platforms

Flexibility

This company was unorganized and held people back from advancement. Could not get a feel for the culture or the aim the company was going for. They trap people in PIP's to keep them in the same position and the pay is horrible for the amount of work and stress a person has to deal with.

Pros

Benefits and onsite Cafeteria

Cons

Everything besides the Pros

It all depends on who your manager is to have your life at work positive or negative.

It is a typical wealthy and mature company that focuses are mainly to protect top managements who play politics. Regular employees' lives at work depend on who your manger is. It can be unfair or pleasant. Many higher ups are those who have experienced their work lives with this company only, so they present luck of knowledge and leadership. It is a proper place to start for those who would like to develop careers and move on to another. It is not for a long-term stay.

Pros

Work/life balance, work environment, facility, culture

Cons

No promotion, poor leadership, political

I loved my job at ADP. Providing stellar service to all Clients is the priority.

I worked in the Client Service department for 31 years. I was promoted quite often at ADP and I would have stayed until retirement. Unfortunately ADP's direction was to close the smaller regions and create "super centers" resulting in laying off many tenured associates. Too many new hires in the service department, ADP payroll can be difficult to learn for the associate and then having to guide clients through processes that the representative barely understands. At the end of my time at ADP I was a Coach/Mentor to the new hires, I told all new hires you will feel more confident after 18 months. It is impossible to train to the call because you rarely get the same issue, twice in one day.

Pros

Year end ADP does provide lunch.

Cons

At year end there will be mandatory overtime for everyone.

Stay away from this place

Horrible place. They paint this wonderful picture of the place during the interview and on boarding but it's far from it. They place favorites there and be over your shoulder to reach their metrics to make them more money

Underpaid and Overworked

When I started at ADP, I thought I had finally found a company that cared. The free food, coffee and incentives camouflaged the truth. Those in the payroll department does the work of two or more people, yet are underpaid.

Pros

Free food and coffee

Cons

Overworked and Underpais

Great coworkers not so great managers.

Your fellow associates are great to work with. Managers are very political and very business focus and out for personal gain. Management is not as ethical as it should be.

Pros

Benefits and compensation

Cons

Management fairness. To political.

A great place to work

I genuinely love my job. I love assisting clients with their needs and resolving their issues. I especially love the office and all of the amenities. There are times where calls are stressful and time consuming but finding the solution makes the reward sweeter.

Pros

Office amenities, learning everyday, opportunities for certifications, excellent managers and team, great culture, diverse staff

Cons

Very short breaks, so much information to learn on the job can get overwhelming

Great Environment

Amazing culture and great benefits, the leadership is unmatched. A true teamwork mentality, lots of opportunities all throughout and especially in sales

Wonderful coworkers - very difficult workload

Overall, I have generally enjoyed my time at ADP up until more recently. The turnover in the implementation space is horrendous, which leads to reassignments and a VERY heavy workload. I have worked in other industries before, but this position has the heaviest workload with the most demanding clients I personally have experienced. There is a very churn and burn/sink or swim attitude here. They do train you - however it is nowhere near enough. You will do lots of fumbling on your own in client calls feeling like you are constantly failing - FOR MONTHS. If you can work through that, then you will succeed.

Pros

Supportive coworkers

Cons

Return to office, insane workload, sink or swim culture, churn and burn

It’s basically a call center, stay away

If you’re getting hired to be a client support consultant please understand it’s a call center role. You will be on the phones all day listening to angry customers and trying to fix their issues. Most of the time (Sales) gets their account active with ADP then sends them off with promises that are never filled just to get commission and client services has to deal with the problems. Worst part about the phones are your job is highly dependent on surveys. And most of the time you can do everything correct and still get a bad survey. Management does not care and won’t take it off for you even it’s it’s evident it’s not your fault. You get to the point where you just stop caring that is why turnover is so high. Other department just transfer people over to you without notice, and (client services) is expected to solve everything even though there are other departments who specialize in certain things. You can’t take off from December to February for black out dates and you don’t get many holidays off. Also you only accrue 3 hours per pay period for PTO. And they are bringing everyone back to the office even though the company has been remote for almost 2 years because of covid. Management has it great because they don’t have to talk to the clients that ADP serves they just monitor and micro manage.

Pros

Secure job

Cons

Black out period, benefits, moving back into office, micro managed, pay

Implementation specialist

Very easy going and laid back. As long as you are doing your task, no one will bother you. there are opportunities for you to join a project and for growth. Only cons are that Central hubs are in mid Jersey

Pros

Laid back environment, No micro managing.

Cons

Shorts breaks, Half hr not enough.

The Starter, but Micro Managed Job

(1) Start Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hourADP has more than enough resources to help jump start your career within the payroll industry. However, taking 30+ calls per day, proficient in case management, communicating with multiple departments to find answers, keeping up with law changes, all while being micro managed is a recipe to becoming BURNT OUT.(2) ADP Client Support Reps rely strongly on client feedback/surveys. If you are interested in this position please note that your client survey may have nothing to do with you and may be still part of your record, good or bad.(3) You are on a timer! You are always watched! Please be aware of how much you spend off the phones.(4 - Most Important) THERE IS A STRONG DISCONNECT BETWEEN THE SALES REPS & CLIENT SUPPORT. On paper we share the same company values and mission however, when speaking to clients and they mention something that is not practice or simply does not exist in the payroll world is a recipe for a terrible survey and a HUGE strain on your job. Like 5x’s worst.

Pros

Free Lunches, Great Teams, Good People

Cons

Traffic, Year End, Micro Managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2K