AECOM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AECOM Work–Life Balance reviews

Liked the people and the flexibility in work hours once trust was gained. IE work late one night, leave early on Friday. Or take long lunches when work is light but put in extra hours when work is flat out... Had to hunt out the people willing to help with career advancement though and have been minimal payrises in the last 4 years. Would like more career guidance and help, lots of co-workers leave in search of a payrise. in NZ engineering currently it seems the only way to gain one is to move firms.
Flexibility is good, but I have found that with staff turnover I have had to work regular long hours to meet project deadlines. Career advancement and training are somewhat lacking – just seems to be a heads down get on with project mentality and no encouragement to attend conferences. Generally I have found there to be a distinct lack of career progression. People are promoted, but no clear reason why – an air of the old boys club seems to exist. It has taken a lot of chasing to find out how to progress. The end of year rating systems seems to me to be set up to keep pay rises at minimum. Salaries tend to be low to mid-range, but the benefits package is good, just that they don’t pay the bills. There are pockets of good people if you can get time with them (i.e. you have a code to allow them to charge their time to). Interesting projects and good access to opportunities to work in other offices overseas.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, and access to overseas opportunities
Cons
Low pay, high staff turnover, lack of progression