Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

AIG Employee Reviews

New Zealand2 reviews
very active work place
Was a mean experience but was also hard work. To begin with I never really enjoyed it but I didn't want to quit so I carried on risk taking even though my bones were sore, overall I ended up liking the job. Disliked working in wet weather and also having to carry 20kg bags of avocados allday
Pros
bonuses
Cons
long hours sore back and shoulders
Largest Insurance company in the world
Even though AIG are the largest insurance company in the world the New Zealand branch has a close family like environment. Everyone works hard and together which creates a great team environment.

When a part of the company that was originally out sourced and was brought in house and extra weekend work was required they paid every staff that worked those extra hours a competitive hourly rate on top of our salary that made everyone feel like they are a welcomed part of the company.

Also they had a working conference which was part team building and part working out ways to make the team work better together. I made everyone feel important that they were happy to listen to staff to improve the running of the team.
Pros
Insurance discounts, family like environment.
Cons
Can be long hours