AA Insurance

AA Insurance Employee Reviews

New Zealand10 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Overseas culture

This company is based in Auckland New Zealand and does short term insurance. It is a medium sized company with solid corporate governance. Operational management for the most part is good and salaries are good (as it is in NZ Dollar). There is opportunities for advancement, however the company culture is completely different from South African companies. It is difficult to integrate into the culture as foreign workers are kept on the outside for a while before they will start accepting them. Once past the cultural obstacles then this is a great company as there is good scope for advancement and further education in the various aspects of the company.

Pros

Good salary and benefits.

Close to being a robot

AA Insurance as a company providing insurance is great, they put their customers on a pedestal. However, that is at the expense of the employees' health and mental wellbeing. The company prides itself in giving leave benefits more than what the government requires but as soon as you take one, it will be against you even if the reason is valid, which can lead to formal meetings. This company wants to convert their call centre reps to become robots. If you come back late from your break, it will be against you.

Productive and innovative workplace

Supportive place to work that encourages you to grow and succeed in many different ways. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to join the financial services industry.

Disillusioned

AA Insurance promotes itself as being based on 5 core "Genuine" values which are present in all areas of the business from how claims are handled to the recruitment process. As a new employee, this motivates you to feel as though you're part of a family type environment, where you can rely and trust in senior management. Throughout my 5 years here I've become very disillusioned to this, seeing it for what it really is; a company strategy. The company itself has a very high turnover rate for staff, employing new staff members, instilling these beliefs, though quickly losing this hold due to how you are treated. The job itself is also very stressful, even the smallest error such as misspelling a customer last name can result in formal meetings and threats of having notes regarding errors added to a permanent file. I feel as though for the type of work, you are significantly underpaid.

Pros

Free fruit, fortnightly

Cons

Over promise and under deliver on work experience

Fun workplace environment

On the phones assisting with customers regarding their insurances and also quoting for new prospect customers. Co-workers are very helpful, the most enjoyable part of the job is to ensure customers are happy with their insurances.

Very organised

Great place to work but very stressful. Has a very high turnover of staff in the call center. But the staff are great and very friendly.

Pros

free bannas

Cons

very stressful

Productive, fantastic work environment

AA Insurance was a great company to work for and I would not have left had I not left the country. I had support in all departments, my team and leadership. I recommend working for this company if you have sound work ethic and can participate in a productive team environment.

reliable, honest

Good on time mangement, helping people different races and confident to answer all enquires for customers

Cons

Working with one of NZ's top and iconic brands

Managed and led a team of customer managers and motor assessors to ensure high customer service was delivered at the Customer Service Centre

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long Hours

Great company and people to work for

In my last role I was a Claims Assist Representative and my job was to lodge claims and explain to the customer next steps eg settlement, TP process etc. Part of this role was to arrange things such as tows and replacement rental vehicles etc and to assist customers in getting home after an event. I dealt with customers, TPI, TPs and repairers, tow companies etc. It was a call centre based role and prior to this I was in the Sales and Service department. This was also in a call centre environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AA Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AA Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?