AAA Club Alliance

AAA Club Alliance Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Best at customer service

Assist clients in road side service on emergency basis Ability to handle emergencies professionally Dispatch the location of the drivers Read maps

Pros

I loved the job!

Cons

The shift that I worked

Hamster Wheel

If you like sitting in meetings for most of the day and not really delivering anything, this is the place for you. Same meetings, different day. Certain leaders act as bullies and allowed to get away with it. Very ridgid military like org structure and most people start their young and stay for years because it's comfortable. Don't try and bring new ideas or change because this is an old company.

Careful training and investment in you.

I'm new, I started in July. Training is long and thorough, which gives you real confidence when you actually start. I'm a travel advisor and my training has lasted 2 months. I'm now starting to work with members and I'm so excited. You get the support of your coworkers and management to do a great job. Most of the people who work here have been here for years, they really invest in you and it speaks well of the company.My favorite parts are helping people plan their trips, seeing their excitement, and making sure they have a great time. My least favorite part is the paperwork. But that's true in any job, and the positives outweigh the negatives by a large margin. There is no standard day outside hours, there are always things to do and different clients to work with. Benefits include health insurance, vision, dental, 401k, 401k matching, AAA membership, and discounts on travel.

Pros

Generally 8 hour days, Sundays off, travel discounts, great benefits

Good and middling, often comfy.

Not a bad place to have a career. The pay is okay. The benefits are good. My manager gives above average support, probably the main reason I stay. I find my coworkers to be interesting and diverse. TL:DR, I could be working for a far worse company. Good and middling, often comfy.

Decent starter job with ridiculous corporate management that is unaware of daily tasks.

Good people work here but the management from above is awful. They also recently implemented a fingerprinting station. Horrific addition. Money first.

Pros

Coworkers, breaks, off early.

Cons

Healthcare, upper management, Idemia is a terrible addition.

Productive and fun place

Loved the job but there was just too much of it. Would let other team members go and then end up picking up their work load,The people were great and I learned a lot

Pay not worth it

Pay is not worth risking your life! Can be dangerous at all times because drivers don't care about you and will not wait or move over like their supposed to.

Easy work

It’s very easy work making outbound calls so you aren’t restricted to your seat for 8 hours. Training is a week but honestly once you get through the first week of calls it’s super easy.

Merger/buyout a few years back, not what it was.

It seems there is less focus on customer service than before. They seem obsessed with numbers, micro tracking everything. Feels like greed, without taking into account their standing of a generic repair shop in the industry, and not a dealer with vast resources and connections.

Nonprofit

Nonprofit that does not pay well. Good place to work if you are not the major bread winner. Benefits are ok. Most managers are brought in from outside the company.

Pros

Pto time is easy to request

Cons

Benefits are ok but you will not make much money

Great company great guys

This is one job I hated I had to give up but had a family matter and just guess it was my time but man Iiss the work and knowing that even though it's a huge company they knewy name and would havey back not only an employee but a person

23 September 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with AAA Club Alliance! As an organization, we are committed to providing a positive work environment and work experience for our Associates. If you would like to share any further information about your experiences with us, please email us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com. Rest assured that all feedback will remain confidential.

Great team, lots to learn, but could use improvement

During my time as a tag and title clerk, I learned a lot ,and I had a terrific assistant manager and store manager, who were very supportive. My managers even would assist with title/license and registration transactions. However ,the pay was low for everything that needs to be done in a store that could get very busy. Due to the nature of the position, the membership goals were made way too high for the tag and title department. The primary goal is to ensure that transactions are done accurately, and some transactions required a lot of paperwork…which needed to be checked. It was also difficult, as the department was short staffed. My only advice would be to make goals at least back to what they were in 2021 for tag and title.

Pros

Good team, great assistant/store manager, free food, generous PTO

Cons

Goals unrealistic given the economy, pay too low

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is a pleasure to hear that ACA benefits and team members have met your expectations! We regret that you are dissatisfied with the goals you were given as an Associate with AAA. We will work together with associates and the management team to better the communication and build positive relationships. ACA fosters a workplace culture that promotes work-life balance. If you would like to share any further information about your experience with us or any recommendations, please contact us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com

Super busy, good training, low pay

Customer service is fast paced, phone calls one after the other. It's nice to be able to work from home while helping members obtain the services they need. Training programs are thorough and supervisors and co-workers are pleasant and strive to help one another. Pay is very low for all of the knowledge you have to have to do your job and raises are minimal although you have a chance to earn commission in some roles and work overtime but most would rather make more up front rather than have to work additional hours for higher pay. Hours may be less than ideal as many positions require you work holidays, nights and weekends but supervisors will work with you to try and give you a schedule that works for you. Benefits are decent and PTO fairly generous for this type of work.

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at AAA Club Alliance. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the outstanding benefits such as PTO that we've worked hard to make part of our culture here. We value connections and collaboration. Managers actively connect with their teams to get feedback. We also conduct a culture survey and action plans are created based on results and measured to continually enhance Associate engagement. We take all feedback seriously and review our Indeed comments regularly to identify areas of opportunity. If you would like to share any further information about your experience with us or any recommendations, please contact us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com.

Depending on the schedule, either the best job or the worst job ever.

This position is now mandatory work-from-home (which I consider a positive), but it is fairly evident to anyone working there that the structure of the job still needs tweaking. Going from a call center environment to a WFH has changed the job dramatically and most of the management is still trying to catch up to this day.

Pros

Friendly managers and co-workers

Cons

Extreme micro-management of personal time, You will be timed and disciplined if you go to the bathroom for too long

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback for AAA Club Alliance. We are happy that our friendly managers and coworkers that you interacted with daily were a positive experience for you. We are disappointed to hear about some of the other things you've experienced such as micromanagement and work/life balance. We respect the hard work of our Associates, and we are always hopeful that AAA can be a place where all Associates can grow their careers and advance to new heights along with us. Your feedback will be shared with the management team, and if you feel comfortable you may share any further information with us at ACAreviews@aaamidatlantic.com. All feedback will remain confidential and will be used to help influence positive change at AAA.

Great work environment

The work environment was great. However, the shift bid that occurred every six months was not. Everyone will start part time. Overall, a good company and may have made some changes over the years.

26 August 2022
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with AAA Club Alliance. As an organization, we are committed to providing a positive work environment for our associates.We take all feedback seriously and review our Indeed comments regularly to identify areas of opportunity. If you would like to share any further information about your experiences with us, please email us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com. Rest assured that all feedback will remain confidential.

It’s okay

It’s a job. Nothing more nothing less. Great management overall horrible pay I would say make sure you constantly write down everything you do and keep track

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Creating a positive experience for all of our Associates is what we strive for every day. If you would like to share any further information about your experiences with us, we encourage you to speak to your manager and HR Representative, or, please email us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com. Rest assured that all feedback will remain confidential.

Not a bad company to work for

My experience wasn’t bad overall I would recommend them as a decent place to work but during peak seasons the call volume is horrendous and ultimately ridiculously hard to keep up with especially as a dispatcher

Pros

Great support from supervisors

Cons

High call volumes and lack of contractors in alot of areas

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your time at ACA. Our Associates are what matters and what continues to strengthen our company.

Promises only kept if you are a favorite; Hideous bonus structures

Expect to work long hours and never have any idea when your shift will be over; which makes arranging childcare or date nights impossible. The system they use with surveys which tie into your bonuses is so backwards. Far too many aaa members feel entitled so you aren't ever able to reach totally satisfied. Dispatch will bounce calls from truck to truck so when you receive the call, its already 15 minutes after dispatch told the member you'd be there. The repair techs at the philly shop can't seem to keep trucks running without nearly constant issues. Only the favorite drivers get an assigned truck, 80% of drivers get bounced truck to truck so expect a truck with a check engine light, or no heat or ac etc. Nothing like working during a heat wave downtown and picking up motorists only to tell them, hey I'm an hour late and my truck has no AC and see how good of a survey you get back. Most of the managers treat you like you are something they stepped in out in the parking lot. I was told during the interview process I would be cross trained on both rollback and wrecker operations but that turned into a fairy tale. I asked repeatedly to be cross trained but they said "since we have enough wrecker drivers, we have no reason to train anyone else." All this while they were still actively hiring drivers.

19 July 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback about working with AAA Club Alliance. As an organization, we are committed to providing a positive work environment for our associates, so we were a little concerned to hear about the management issues and bonus structure concerns you have brought up. Rest assured, this is not how we would like any of our associates to feel while working. We are very sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here, and it's true that working at AAA isn't for everyone. If you would like to share any further information about your experience, please email us at ACAreviews@aaamidatlantic.com. All feedback will remain confidential and will be passed along to the appropriate business lines to help us influence positive changes here in AAA Club Alliance.

Job is ok.

Pay for various roles in the company seems vary low, but for my current position and what I do I am happy with for now. Benefits aren't the best compared to jobs I've had in the best. This isn't a long term job for me. People I work with are nice.

19 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is a pleasure to hear you are enjoying your experience with ACA! It is true AAA Club Alliance has the best associates; they are the cornerstone of our success and future. Thank you for your commitment to the organization and our members!

Toxic Environment with no Advancement Opportunities

I worked in various departments at AAA and each of them was more toxic than the last. The last one I worked in was the worst and my supervisor went out of their way to block me from taking other internal positions. Overall it was very micromanaged and the supervisor was constantly taking credit for other people’s work. The company favors individuals who have been there 20+ years and is very slow to adapt. Definitely do not recommend, there are many other, better companies to start at than AAA.

Pros

Gained experience

Cons

Micromanagement, toxic work environment and lack of advancement opportunities

19 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all feedback seriously and review our Indeed comments regularly to identify areas of opportunity. As an organization, it is our goal to live up to ACA’s Shared Values and “walk the walk”, we are sorry you feel these principles were not upheld. Feedback is important to our leaders, so we thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. If you would like to share any further information about your experience, please email us at ACAreviews@aaamidatlantic.com. All feedback will remain confidential and will be passed along to the appropriate business lines to help us influence positive changes here in AAA Club Alliance.

overhead that only cares about numbers

management is a joke. upper management only cares about the numbers you push every month. when the pandemic hit, we were passive aggressively threatened with our job security by being told that the new store that was put in up the road was doing well but we werent and didnt want to give corporate a reason to look to us as the next chopping block. every "training" was just how to manipulate customers into sales and if you didnt make numbers every month youd get disciplinary actions. the whole place is a joke.

8 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at AAA Club Alliance. When it comes to your comments regarding management and job security concerns, we would like to have an open conversation regarding this if you would like to discuss. If you would like to share any further information about your experience with us or any recommendations, please contact us at ACAReviews@aaamidatlantic.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Club Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Club Alliance