AAA Northeast

AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Great place if you wanna get your foot in the door

Company has a great mission statement of wanting to help members, and they try to find ways to keep employees engaged and proud of their work. Most of the time it’s pretty great, you see people in the company with many years of longevity.That said, insurance is a tough line of work, but that’s just in general. Don’t go into it thinking it’s a walk in the park. But if you like a little challenge and you want stability, you’ll find it here.

Pros

Good employee benefits, fair work/life balance, training opportunities

Cons

Pay could definitely be more competitive, not nearly enough opportunities for advancement so high turnover is not that unusual, It can definitely feel like a popularity contest

Awesome company

Company is wonderful room for advancements pay is a little shakey but if you can manage yourself you can handle it until a raise which i see in the near future and started here not too long ago really a family friendly company that goes out of their way for the employees couldn't ask for a better company

Pros

Family friendly / Time off

Cons

Pay would be slightly better but otherwise nothing

Amazing management team

There is only one downside to working at AAA. The pay is much lower than market value. For the duties required you are paid really low and expected so much. The benefits are really good but do not make up for lack of base pay.

Work on your own

Good place to work. Each day is different. You get to work on your own and problem solve and come up with solutions if your into thinking for yourself. Company supports its employees and trusts their roadside techs and their evaluation of situations. Decent starting money. Raises and bonuses are consistent. Overall it's a really fun and interesting job

No complaints

Great company. Enjoyed working for AAA. May do so again in the near future. Training was spot on. Very flexible on reference to my daily schedule at home. Must have high speed internet

Great company to work for

The downside is they need to consolidate programs used to locate needed resources to perform the job! Multi tasking will be needed for this job as you will handle looking at more than 30 programs a day

Great company on paper, lacks leadership

Overall the company itself is great, the benefits are hard to match. But from the inside I can see why there is a struggle to retain service reps. Supervisors can be slow to answer when help is needed or when a customer is requesting them. Quality control can be tedious with reviewing calls, resulting in low performance marks that some feel do not accurately reflect their performance. Needless to say, I have not been here very long and had planned to stay for a while and move up through the companies own training software, but after seeing some of the inner workings I have begun to search elsewhere for a better fit.

Cons: the phone priority queue

It’s perplexing that some individual receive a lions share of the phone and internet leads while others are left to generate their own leads. Management is by transparent about the existence of the phone priority queue

Just Something To Pay The Bills

Everything comes with a "Catch or Condition" Hourly pay is real and thats it. Do not believe the extra incentives. You cannot depend on commissions or incentives because upper management has made anything extra vertually unattainable. Too many unreasonable hurdles and conditions to get past to in order to earn the extras. Ask any AAA Fleet Employee about monthly incentives. They will tell you how unfair the system works. Its set up to make you fail so the company doesnt have to pay out any incentives that they advertise. Can be a very dangerous job exposed to battery acid and other hazmats. And trying to change tires on the side of a busy highway with traffic and tractor trailers wizzing by you at 80mph. The only good part is when and if you get used to things you can work independently without a supervisor looking over your shoulder. Not much down time except for a couple of months when it slows down. Most of the year its slamming busy, one call after another. No breaks, and only a half hour lunch for a 10 hour shift. Constant turn around of employees. Very few stay. New employees only seem to stay long enough to collect their sign-on bonus then see you later.

Very busy and unnecessary

AAA Northeast used to be a great place to go to work. Coworkers were very helpful and friendly. There weren't many slackers. People worked hard. We just verified name address and phone numbers, then upsold services. Training was great. Had a great support system. However, management changed, supervisors were leaving, and all of a sudden, we were then required to ask for an unnecessary amount of 'verification questions' during membership calls. If someone was calling in to simply pay their membership renewal bill, we are required to verify two phone numbers, date of birth, on top of name, address, email, and upselling services. They said it's for verification and data collection. However, if a member declined, then we would move on with the call. So we aren't required to verify it to help a member, but are required to obtain it at the same time. It adds to call handle time, which management cared about, but we still had to do it. It turns members off, and it was just burning me out.Slackers weren't being held accountable and were making the same amount of money as seasoned counselors. The best agents were leaving and dropping like flies. New people were being hired but they were questioning too able character's who could not be trusted. People will be sneaky. Try not to share too much or make friends here. EACH AND EVERY winter at 9am, I would walk in and see 300+ road service calls in queue at a time. AAA never did anything about this. If it snowed an inch, I knew hundreds of calls would be waiting when I logged in. We took the calls but it didn't matter. Members had to -

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAA Northeast?

Travel Agent

The Travel Agent job can be very challenging and will test your limits for sure. AAA will put a emphasis on Sales. Management favors those that have top sales. I did 100k a month but was not a top performer. AAA will introduce new systems and you will be the one to test them while working with members. Management will just look at your Metrics, Graph charts and numbers and listen to your phone calls.I learned alot at AAA and for the most part I loved booking people's vacations but as a travel agent your are in a entry level position. You are more of a salesperson, must be able to pay attention to detail and follow up follow up follow up. Travel at this time is 2022 is still very confusing with covid protocols and many airline cancelations. Every mbr you interact with will get a survey on your performance if they are not totally satisfied it will stop you feom getting raises , bonuses and can negatively affect your review. For example if a mbrs flight was delayed or canceled they will not be totally satisfied. This job can be very stressful. Long hold times for airlines and vendors. Like hours of hold times. Pay is or was not competive and the commissions go to AAA. So make sure your happy with hourly rate.

Pros

Benefits 401k

Cons

Qualtrics

A lot of favoritism, high turnover, but there is some room for advancement if you can stick it out. Pay could definitely be better. The metrics used to measure performance for payouts shouldn’t be so ridiculous.

Decent place to work. Flimsy HR.

AAA Northeast is an okay place to work. My experience with management was overall positive, with a few characters that exist in every work environment. The workplace culture for our department is good and there is general support from those you work with. The HR department is questionable and missed the company culture training.

Pros

Supportive management and teamwork.

Cons

A lackluster HR department that does not care about the rest of the employees.

The company has a good environmental workplace. But, to there is some not friendly employees as well

AAA Northeast is a good company to work for. But, I have to look for another job because I'm moved ng to Texas. I'm a proactive person with a team player actitute.

Very happy

I honestly feel very fortunate to work for this company. I feel like I am a respected member of the team and all the upper management including the CEO are very approachable.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus structure all well above average

Cons

Perhaps a little behind on technological advances

Always something to do, if you get down time you can stay in your truck watch a movie or listen to music

Awesome Staff, reliable work, room to grow, and earn more pay. Lots of overtime if you like.Respond to Clients who joined AAA, serve their vehicles by Spare tire repair, Battery Jump, or to Tow with flatbed. Winter time you do extrications of vehicles only when it is safe.

Pros

Learn new things, Room to grow, and earn more pay

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

Job posting and duties were totally different

I worked at AAA for about 6 months . I honestly can say that the people I worked with were fantastic . My trainers were really good and prepared me for the job . It was a clown show on the floor . Endless call offs of other people leaving the staff continually understaffed and taking back to back calls of roadside that are difficult under best of circumstances. Management was aloof , very fake.

Pros

Good training and time off policy

Cons

Management very standoffish

Watch your back

They used me for what they needed me for, then cut my hours and my benefits to part time. You are micro managed from Rhode Island, the managers are too busy trying to look good to care about you. Especially S.R. he's out for advancement

Pros

Cons

Management doesn't care

Treat this job as a transitionary job.

Make this job a transitionary, in between job, and not your career. There is nothing good about working here except the jokes along the way. No one is above being talked about in a negative way and the pay isn't enough motivation either.There's a reason why 7 people left within 6 months of hire in this year alone at this location, most of the quietly, some not so much.

Pros

Jokes and that's it.

Cons

High stress, short breaks, mediocre pay, two-faced coworkers, phones are a source of high stress..

Very Stingy

Too much of the nonprofit mindset, which translates to smaller raises than at other companies. No wonder there is a good amount of employee turnover.

Pros

There are much worse places to work

Cons

Very little room for career growth

nice coworkers

Very stressful at times.Lousy work schedule.Too much micro managing. Long hours and having to work Sundays. AAA main objective is to increase membership. They do not know how to run a automotive service center.

Pros

Most coworkers are great. Free food in the lunch room at times.

Cons

Under staffed most days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northeast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Northeast
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?