AAA Northeast logo
AAA Northeast
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Real run down from someone has been here long

You're not going to find anywhere where you can basically start off at almost 20 bucks an hour with no experience whatsoever, people have been here already a year and a half or two years are easily over 20 bucks an hour, great compensation, 3 days off in a row, if you're pretty much upfront with the big guys and you've been doing everything on point they'll work with your schedule, myself and many others employees have been doing different shifts ever since we've been here and I'm coming up on 5 years. All you have to do is show up and work and that's it you'll be good.

Pros

Pay, three days off in a row, secure job

Cons

Very high pace in all weather conditions

Really think about it before you apply…

Good job to take to open the door for other opportunities for you, but not something you want to stay doing for too long…People are cutthroat and only care about numbers/sales. Some managers are beyond unprofessional and rude. People do not genuinely care for your well being, I’ve come to especially realize during this pandemic. They just want you to get the work done. They will spread you thin and take advantage of you. There is no growth and they pay so little for all they expect from you. Management is horrendous. Verbal abuse and negative attitudes from customers and employees alike. The culture stinks…

Pros

Incentive Pay, benefits

Cons

Horrible management, unprofessional, ride your butt for sales

Company Culture

Good place to work. Supervisors and managers are knowledgeable and supportive. Family like feel despite being a large company. Yearly bonuses tied to Club goals.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Micromanaged

Great family culture

AAA is a great place to work. Our mission of helping and serving holds true in everything we do. Great culture, great people. Competitive pay and benefits.

Pros

Flexibility

Be cautious

Currently working in the membership department and I HATE IT! Constantly on the phone all day and management wants you to make a sale on every call sometimes it is impossible! You are micromanaged for everything which I can not stand! You only get a 30 min lunch break and two 15 minute breaks which make no sense. Currently working from home due to the pandemic and not getting paid for anything extra.( ex. Light bill due to all this equipment we have) The only good thing about membership is the money you make on sales. Also the supervisors are sweet they try their best with the limited resources they have. I regret applying for this job and honestly can not wait to leave. If you apply be cautious because it is mentally draining dealing with people on the phone all day.

Pros

Incentives on sale

Cons

30 minute lunch break, request time, on the phone all day, adherence, micro manage

A culture like none other. Tremendous appreciation for the employees and members!

Love working at AAA! I spent many years working for a company that preached employee and customer appreciation/satisfaction but didn't know what it really meant until coming here. Onboarding and training is like none other - we have a globally recognized training team! From the CEO down, I feel not just appreciated but heard. Lots of focus on improving based on feedback received. We are kept informed at all levels. We work hard but play hard - I love my manager and co-workers and have lots of fun. Coaching at AAA is a good thing where the good is celebrated and help is provided to you with what is not going well. As long as you have good performance, attendance, and are receptive to feedback, your career can thrive here!

Pros

Culture, benefits, appreciation

The people, the culture - what we do!

AAA Northeast is a great place to work. We've achieved several top employer awards. Outstanding benefits, good pay, amazing culture and awesome people.

Pros

Lots of flexibility

Cons

Always too much to do

Great Benefits and Lots of Job Opportunities

Flexibility is a benefit for me. Challenges come up and I can work with my manager to get my job done.AAAA Northeast encourages healthy work relationships, comradery, and teamwork.I am able to work on teams outside my specific department, which give me the opportunity to get to know more about other departments and to use or enhance skills that I don't use in my regular job.

Pros

I get to do some awesome things that most business don't have the capacity to offer.

Cons

Some days are too busy to breathe...

Great location, lots of parking

The GC Team was very strong and cooperated with each other across business lines. MSC would help Travel Agents and vise versa. The Assistant Manager was extremely helpful to all.

Pros

Great location to sell travel

Growth Potential

I have been working here for 4.5 years. There are great benefits including a premier membership for free. Paid personal development classes and computer courses. Referral compensation. Mbrship enrollment bonuses. Job shadowing with 8+ different business lines. Yearly raises. School reimbursement. Work from home. Flexible schedule. 401k. Health insurance, dental, vision. Discounts with other stores. Travel discounts. Personal accountability, friendly team competition and club recognition. If your reading this, apply! You won't regret it.

Cons

Aderence monitoring

Not that bad of a company

As long as you come into work every day and you do your job and you don't fight or cause a stink you'll do great with this company. Hey is okay for the rest that you have to go through everyday doing roadside service

Awesome place yo work, no cons

Would highly recommend to apply. There are a variety of positions available whether you enjoy working with people or you prefer working solitaire, there is a place for you.

Pros

Cons

Nothing at all

Nice co workers

Not the best job to work at. Was not happy at all. The micro managing is terrible. The salary is horrible. You have to fight just to get a day off work. They make you work all the holidays.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Horrible pay. Micro management

No help

The job is work from home which seems great but in order to get help you have to call an extension. Wait. Then when they pick up they have to call someone. Any day you request off gets denied. Even though it seems like a big company the phone lines are non-stop the whole shift. 9 seconds in between calls

Pros

Supervisors are great, pto, sick times

Cons

Strict adherence, strict quality, requesting time off always get denied.

Average company

You are just a number and the management isn't the best. I was so stressed out at this job. It is hard to move up to get off the phones. They seem to pick favorites. Over the years, there began to be a lot of micromanagement. If you work in the call center, you are always being watched and monitored. Call monitoring was just overwhelming. HR is not understanding and covers themselves. Overall, it was a job, but not the best one. Workers are always leaving and call volume is always high during the winter. Hundreds of calls are in queue at times.

Pros

Healthcare, paid time off, understanding supervisor

Cons

Short breaks, heavy call volume, high turnover

Hard place to work at. Very high burnout rate.

I worked part time. It was the hardest job I have ever had. I was exhausted after every shift. I do not know how you can work there full time. People normally leave within the first few months due to the tense situation of the customer phone calls. My manager was very good and encouraging, I was the last person from my class to survive, It is a good company with a good reputation but it is a hard place to work at. Because there is some much turn over they are constantly training new people.

Pros

Free pizza and snacks during emplyee appreciation weeks

Cons

Customers who use profanity during busy shifts.

I was hired as a travel agent, had moved there from NY (no official travel experience) but had 4 years of AAA experience. They had a great training program which got me ready and excited to book travel. I felt prepared. I then applied for a management training position which I started and they again, had an extensive training program with weekly and you met different members of management to see what jobs was like in upper management/executive levels. Everyone was always willing to help from member services all the way to Directors and VP's. I truly enjoyed my time there. I learned so much and grew exponentially as an individual.

Other drivers were great, management not so much

I worked second shift and got along very well with just about all my coworkers at the time dispatchers seemed to have a sense of entitlement and management would say one thing and do another no request from a male would ever result in action no issue would ever get solved management favors women and certain choice employees

Pros

Drivers were good to work with

Cons

Dispatchers, management, trucks also poorly maintained

Great upper management and management

Truly a company that cares diverse in its employees and there is a team effort in all departments. Training and licensing are available! Great benefits! The management sent us home to work remotely in a very fast pace no easy feat for the many employees at AAA! Great Company!

Pros

Training, management, benefits

Cons

One break

Okay if you can handle stress and not having the tools you need.

If you can MacGyver your way through this job you'll be fine. But expect to try in the bathroom a few times a year. It is a very busy call center but your managers and co-workers really do care for each other and make the job worth-while, it's the only thing I miss from the job. Pay is alright, but not entirely worth the pay or the weight you'll put on by being tethered to a desk.

Pros

Co-workers / managers are like a family.

Cons

Literally everything else.

Productive and Fun Working

As a whole AAA is an awsome company to work for . I love the diversity. They have great and reasonable health coverage. Good incentive programs. They are here for you.

Pros

Free AAA membership and Bonus and incentive program

Cons

Hard to move up, the pay can be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northeast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Northeast