AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah logo
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Great company and benefits

I have always heard good things about AAA before applying. They are a great company to work for and really care about their employees. Working from home is also a big plus!

Pros

Work from home, benefits, pto

Cons

Short break, very fast pace and can be stressful depending on your position

14 July 2021
Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience! If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or reach out to HR.

Management is out of touch

This is mostly towards the ERS department as a whole. Most team leads in dispatch have never dispatched themselves so they can't relate to the stress that comes with the job. Overall there are some good people in management but too many people that will just head nod and hope you forget about your complaints. Attendance policy needs a complete overhaul, if you work in Utah you need to use your attendance points to cover for sick days. However if you work in Arizona you are given sick pay as a benefit. They do promote from within but too many times the interview process is a waste of time as the people chosen are those that make friends with management. Staffing has never been addressed. With the nature of the job having someone callout hurts the department a ton they should have extra people to account for callouts but can't even keep their headcount at the minimum. This in itself negativity hurts the employees that have good attendance as they are stuck doing the job of 2-3 people and there is no reward for the extra effort other than the occasional shout-out email.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Management staffing

2 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed pay and benefits as a pro. We definitely want to ensure that our Team Members are taken care of, especially because they work hard! We are disappointed to read your comments regarding your other experiences. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

No Job Security

People are constantly being walked out daily, it was very unnerving to not only me but others in training with me to constantly see people being escorted out.

Pros

Cons

No job security.

24 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear of your experience and would like to look into it so we can ensure our Team Members have a more positive experience in the future. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Old school untrusting culture

The job itself is good, helping people and being on your own. If you like to drive and deal with cars and problems it's good. The problem is you can make the same working at Walmart - 17/hr - without risking your life, breathing diesel fumes and dealing with extreme weather and people. The company spends more of its revenue on systems like Smartdrive cameras and other bureaucratic old school expenses, procedural nonsense, so many apps and software and waste of money, than on its employees, who risk their lives for a fast food or Walmart like job pay. You have a camera in your face all the time that records you and what you say. It gives the impression on a real time monitored lab rat. Incentive is impossible to achieve without sacrificing your lunch breaks and working extra hours and having no life. So the real pay is only the hourly. It's normal to have 30 employees and 10 of them are "leaders" and policy enforcers. Nothing you say matters. The culture is more like everyone is scared for their position and will not even dare to deliver a message for you to the higher up position. Everything is complicated to handle, even talking to supervisor.Overall, if you are under 20 and like to do this kind of a job, and don't care about life improvements, it's fun for you. If you have a life, family, mortgage.. etc., you cannot survive. Do your math first. I did the math and everything I made recently went to insurance plan, insurance deductible, doctors bills on top of that too. The company has a great potential if the CEO gets replaced by someone who's not scared to catch up with -

Pros

Helping stranded people

Cons

Trust. Cameras in driver's face recording video and audio. Pay.

3 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read about your experience. Our Road Service satisfaction rating makes us one of the top rated large AAA clubs nationwide. We’re proud of that and our integrity, dedication and appreciation for our Members and Team Members drives everything we do. In order to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits, we benchmark our benefits and assess our pay. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing additional details, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

They are a company of integrity

3 generations of my family have worked for this company, that says it all. During Covid they did not let anyone go and they created opportunities to work from home temporarily.

Pros

Medical for current employees, 401k, free membership

Cons

No retiree medical benefits

12 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to hear about your positive experience!

It’s an okay company

You have to beg to get days off and they are all about overall satisfaction and not the driver. They push you and have you worry about overall sats then anything else. But if that overall sat drops and then you get a talking to.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stressful

26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and will share this information with the appropriate teams. If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Promotions seems lopsided to those close to management and supervisors. The shifts are great, performance determined. No weekends which gives a good family balance. Loved my manager and supervisor.

Pros

Breaks, benefits, great shifts

Cons

Always changing

12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed the work/life balance and your leaders as a pro. Our strategy is to promote from within and build our pipeline of leaders to serve our Members and transform AAA for the next century. Change is constant, and we are focused on creating innovative products and services to help our Members Outsmart Life as their needs change. We know this is a big job, and we benchmark our pay and benefits so that they are competitive.We want Team Members to feel empowered to share their input to bring positive change. If you feel comfortable sharing more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Excellent medical and PTO benefits.

As a technician in one of their shops the job is pretty good. Nice equipment, good customer base, great benefits. My particular location is poorly managed and could definitely do better.

Pros

Nice equipment, good benefits.

Cons

Poorly managed, below average pay for the work.

23 March 2021
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We aim to build a total rewards package of compensation, benefits and paid time off that offers competitive compensation for our Team Members creating value for our Members every day. We benchmark our benefits and assess our pay to ensure they are competitive. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Poor management/lack of leadership

The management at AAA is terrible! Every single day the rules change as well as the expectations. No team atmosphere at all it’s everyone for yourself. The culture is preached as “family based company and keep members happy” it’s actually a fear based and numbers ran company. You have to over sell WAY overpriced work sometimes higher than dealerships! and make it seem like you are helping the community because “they trust aaa, and we don’t want to lose them or their other family members or their home owners insurnace or car insurance” overall experience and incredibly shady management and higher ups. While working there they even took away days off that they said were considered paid days off on the initial job interview.

Pros

Discount on your membership

Cons

Management, recycled staff, no real guidelines just the wild Wild West

23 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear of your experience and would like to look into it so we ensure our Team Members have a more positive experience in the future. If you feel comfortable sharing more information, please feel free to email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Call receive WFH

Absolutely best company I have ever worked for ! They have worked with me so much! Working from home was a huge help plus ! I work over nights so calls aren’t overwhelming and the 4 ten hour shift are a blessing !! Very companionate and caring supervisors the trainers were amazing !! Nothing bad I can say other than typical call center customers rude at times but hey. Great pay and good hours I’ll take it any day ! Advancement is definitely here too !!

Pros

Work from home, computer provided great benefits!

Cons

Rude members

25 March 2021
Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people – we agree! We’re happy to hear that your time with us is a positive experience!

The only bad thing was having your hours reduced during the colder months.

This was an awesome job. I hate that I had to resign for financial reasons. I could have spent 25 years here easy. I love towing and helping people. Freeway calls were an extremely dangerous, but enjoyable task. I enjoyed helping customers in their time of need, and I miss my truck #3538 forever lol. GOOD TIMES rolling Vegas at night!

Pros

Great job with career potential

Cons

Hours cut during winter months

11 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to learn more about it. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com to discuss.

Fast paced environment

The job can be fun and challenging at times. But one must be on point daily being careful of traffic. The hrs of work are dependent upon your personal preference. Weekends and swing shift is a must for new hires

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Traffic awareness

12 February 2021

Management is horrible

It isn't worth the headache. There is a reason that attrition is so high within the organization, management. They don't support you, they don't care and they are only interested in themselves.

Pros

Ok benefits

Cons

Management and everything else

9 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to learn more about it. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Great coworkers but management feels like they are a mafia

Great bunch of people to work with but the worst part is the management, lack of honesty and very difficult to move ahead. Management just wants to sell memberships all day long and nothing else matters, including good customer service.

Pros

Great bunch of coworkers

Cons

Terrible management

9 February 2021
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. As a company known for doing the right thing, our integrity, dedication and appreciation for our Team Members and Members drives everything we do. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Terrible management lack of leadership lack of structure

This company lacks any type of structure job seekers beware company will always side with members employees get talked down to disrespected by management leads and members you’re forced to work OT and if you don’t they’ll give you the less desirable schedules and create unreachable bonus’

Pros

Non

9 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to both grow on the job and share their input to shape their experience. We understand that keeping the lines of communication open is essential. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Overall good place

Overall a good place to work, good pay and benefits and the job is really easy. It is at will employment though, and they will fire you for seemingly no reason. They have a whole process of a written warning, then a PIP (performance improvement plan), then the last warning is a DAF. So they say at least. In reality, they can give you a DAF for a first time offense of anything, and I know about 3 people who have been fired for seemingly no reason at all. In a pandemic too? How nice of them.

Pros

Easy, lucrative job

Cons

Management/HR

1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read about your experience. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. If you feel comfortable sharing additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

No fun and stressful

Thought it was going to be great, but it was awful from day one. Very distrustful culture and high turnover. Trying to make positive changes, but couldn't survive long enough to see it happen.

Pros

Free snacks and food, great HQ location, great benefits

Cons

stressful, high turnover

1 February 2021

Productive fun workplace

Productive and fun place advancement pay good not remote. Great staff overtime and shift differential Roadside get cursed out but sorta rewarding. Not bad

Pros

Great location

Cons

Short break

7 December 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience! If you feel comfortable sharing additional feedback, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Deceptive practices

They will leave members stranded and show no concern for them. They treat their employees horribly, they actually accuse employees of things they would never even consider doing. They are mean is the best way to say it.

7 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. As a company known for doing the right thing, we take pride in the level of service we provide to our Members. Our Road Service satisfaction rate makes us one of the top rated large AAA clubs nationwide. It’s not unusual to hear stories of our Team Members going above and beyond to assist our Members who depend upon us to provide safety and service when they need it the most. Our integrity, dedication and appreciation for our Members drives everything we do. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams so that we can continue to influence positive change within the organization. We would like to learn more about your experience. If you feel comfortable, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

Excellent Company to Build Career With!

I was a call receiver in the Tucson member service center for emergency road service. Things can be stressful when you have trouble locating a member or if they are upset but that’s the hardest this jobs gets in my opinion. Everything I felt intimidated by or thought I wouldn’t ever get, I eventually learned and did really efficiently within weeks. So other than having to manage personalities and adapting to frequent policy changes, pretty awesome company overall with ample room to grow since they generally promote from within.

4 December 2020

Management has no clue what they're doing

Upper management has no clue what they're doing. Huge disconnect between sales staff and management. Comp plan changes yearly. Comp plan looks for ways to not pay employees with certain loopholes leaving you with less pay each year. You can build a "book" but you won't get paid on it. It got so bad a small agency was able to pay me more for the same work with matching benefits and less headache.

Pros

Co workers were great

Cons

Ceo and upper management

2 December 2020
We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. We aim to build a total rewards package of compensation, benefits and paid time off that offers competitive compensation for our Team Members creating value for our Members every day. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing additional feedback, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com to discuss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah