AAA Texas

AAA Texas Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Overall a great company, but stuck in their old ways.

I've been with AAA Texas for many years. Unfortunately, the pay is not as competitive compared to what other companies are offering, but the flexibility is a plus. Personally, I feel if a company expects their employees to show growth, the company should as well. During the pandemic, AAA was making moves to work from home at the very last minute, but this was not offered to all employees. Many were forced to stay in the office if they wanted to remain employed. This was my turning point with the company. Work from home is becoming the new standard with most companies, but unfortunately AAA is unable adjust to the times. All has led me to seek employment elsewhere. If you are interested in a future with AAA, it is a great company, but this is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Pros

Free AAA membership, pension

Cons

Micro- Management, Lack of Growth, Constant changes to business model, Turn around of employee in various departments, If it's not broke- it doesn't need fixing mindset, no work from home for most employees

I was at the Arlington branch in Texas. I had an excellent experience working with the company. They care about the employees from the beginning. I definitely will be back someday.

Stable place to work

You take 75-100 calls a day. Calls are back to back at times but you do get a break inbetween calls most days.Pros-PTO, Flex time off, Commission, LuncheonsCons-To much Dept Drama

Incredible Training

AAA provides more training than any company I have ever seen. They give you all the tools you need to succeed. That said, there is high expectation to SELL, SELL, SELL - every position in a branch has cross-sell quotas to meet. So much to learn and the company encourages cross-training between membership positions and insurance positions.

Horrible waste of time. They do not complete training.

After training you are left with very little support. Their quotes for insurance are not competitive and the funnel leads to other Reps and do not fairly distribute the leads. Tons of young Managers because they cannot work as regular employees and keep their job. On one single day 5 Reps quit because they could not earn a living at AAA.

Job Security is great ... Career Development not so much

If you're in need of work and don't really care about advancement, there's opportunity here for you. The organization has served me well with experience. My desire to leave is to do work that's more satisfying, diverse, and forward moving.

Empowered to help people

As an auto adjuster I feel supported and I am given the tools to make a difference for both the members and the claimants. Management has been supportive of my desire to grow my career. The typical claims load is 50-70 claims and it is a place where you own the claim from beginning to end so be prepared to do total losses. Once you have shown you are capable then remote is encouraged. It is a member owned company so good surveys and excellent customer service skills are a must.

Micro manage

Manage oversight for every tiny thing you do, micro micro micro manage. No growth is available. Don’t have an opinion that is not the same as manager or you will be target on your back

helpfulness from peers

Management is very lean. They have several intern to train on a very complex system. They are stretched very thin and can’t give appropriate time to the trainee’s to learn

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Work/personal life not balanced

Secure job, IT Leadership does not listen to its employees

There are a number of strong positive changes happening to improve IT capabilities. New investment in infrastructure and cloud integrations. New team agile/scrum structures.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Lack of autonomy or control of your own destiny in IT

N/a

Job is ok , treatment during pandemic and overall was disappointing coming from a top company. Management needs work and should be looked into so everyone can be treated fairly.

Work from home and people love to help

High call volume and it's mentally draining and the ers is 24/7 so u work on all holidays if ur off days doesn't fall on one the good thing tho they pay u double for working on holidays ..

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Upset customers high call volume

High deductible plan

Sales agents don’t bonus every month. Bonus is based on team effort and not individual. If monthly set goal is not met as a team, no bonus. The team made the bonus only 4 times this year. The bonus amount ($20k is the highest which is rarely met - $10k is met) is divided among 15 employees (individual percent based on individual performance). High performer may bonus 1k a month if the team makes the goal. Sales agents take customer service calls daily to help out with payments and do not mail requests. Good job for an entry level agent.

Really great workplace. Diverse culture. Lots of support.

I loved my time at AAA. It could be stressful, but I never felt like I didn't have someone I could take my concerns to, or that they wouldn't do anything possible to help.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Call center can be stressful

Crazy High Call Volume

I worked in Emergency Roadside call volume was always HIGH 100-300 calls holding everyday. MANDATORY schedule changes. They don’t accept doctors notes everyone has to get ADA or FMLA just to not get fired for having to miss work for illnesses or whatever Management does not care about what you have going on thy just want you to be available to be yelled at by angry members whenever they need you. The scripting is ridiculous they want you to say all these things but keep your call under 4mins and still build rapport with the member. 3secs in between each call it’s madness.

Pros

Pay

Cons

I do not feel like management cares

I do not feel like management cares about the little people. They only care about corporate goals. They make changes to benefit them but not the individual.

Cons

Long hours, no leads

Just, dont

Not worth your sanity. They will promise rainbows and sunshine when you’re being interviewed, only to be worked like there’s no end in sight. If you don’t have family or friends, would like to live at work and love to be micromanaged, this is the job for you. And pay commission is HORRIBLE. They say you can make 80-100k annually, while it’s possible If you work 13 hour shift and 6 days a week, it’s not reality. Don’t waste your time with a company that won’t value the effort you put in. Oh, also, all systems are stuck in year 2002. Black and green code screens to process policies, yup, they got them. Oh you sell something, not good enough. You must sale 5 more products on top of that. Good luck

Pros

You sit

Cons

It’s a call center. High pressure. Micromanaged.

Work life balance

I’ve been at aaa for 6 years and the work life balance is awesome. Benefits are great! Job security is there. Advancement is based on who you know and what you do!

Benefits

Cons

Advancement

Do Not Work Here

Run away as fast as your feet will take you. The aggressive commission sales people will stab you in the back and take your sales by any means necessary. Also, seasoned travel agents think ALL the clients are theirs and will send car, hotel or just airfare to you. If a seasoned agent is out on vacation and a client that they helped in the past comes in to book a trip then they will make sure to have the sale transferred to them as that is their client. Even if the client didn't want to wait on them to come back from vacation! Ridiculous! Don't think about expressing your opinion or asking questions of management because then there will be a target on your back. Managers have their favorites and will funnel sales to the people that they can manipulate into whatever dirty work they want done. Unprofessional. This is the worst company to work for in Texas.

Pros

Closed on Sunday

Cons

Management, Upper Management, aggressive co-workers due to commission sales tactics

Started promising and went kind of downhill

This company seemed promising in the beginning but towards the end management doesn’t really stick with their processes and is literally everywhere. Things are just thrown at you without a set plan and process. Once something new needs fixing they throw new processes into place without the right compensation or consistency . I do however love the people i have met there and personally love my manager. She makes my time there good and helps me grow and encourages me in every aspect of life which i appreciate

Great place to start a career.

I love working for AAA. It is a great place to start a new career. They have excellent trainers and coaches. They appreciate your hard work and will prepare you to succeed and growth within the company. One thing you have to keep in mind is that they are not going to promote you right out away. You have to prove yourself first but showing up to work everyday on time and everything else will fall into place. You will gain the knowledge and experience to move up into management or move to another department. Just make sure you stay in one position for at least 6 months before you start hopping around. They have great benefits and incentives: Bonuses, pension plan, 401k and much more. This is my second year working as a dispatcher and I am loving it. I really hope to be able to retire in this company. Jump aboard! There is still room in the wagon.

Pros

Great pay, benefits, bonuses, health insurance, pension plan, 40Ik

Cons

Work on weekends and holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Texas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Texas