AAA Towing

AAA Towing Employee Reviews

2.1Work–Life Balance

Never again will I work as a contracted driver

They don’t pay enough for people’s experience. Not only that but it consumes majority of your day and less time with your family. Most of the contracted companies pay you under minimum wage age cheat when it comes to the scores

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Less time with family. Little pay.

Not an enjoyable place of employment

Management and owners do not treat staff well. You are just a number to them. They don’t want to train drivers but will get upset with you if you make a mistake

Go somewhere else

They don’t pay you simple as that . They don’t have the work to support the drivers they have . You have to use your own data and it can get expensive . You personally pay for damages to vehicles or if there was previous damage and you can’t prove you didn’t do it you have to pay for it . Go to city wide if you want to tow .

Pros

Some drivers are very experienced

Cons

Bad pay, holding funds, have to use your phone data which could be up to 30gigs a month

Great training, salary and benefits

Great training, salary, and benefit good job annual increases. Benefits package. New equipment ****** uniforms provided. All around a nice a place to work for

You won’t make any money here and they rip you off

My last check was short at least a thousand dollars Dispatch is super rude too They don’t fix breaks or anything on the trucks Over 2 months before you get a full pay check at which point your so in debt and broke. Commission based rip off for the driver and labourer AMA pays them daily but they make you wait 30 days and their 30 days behind so good luck paying bills

Pros

Cons

Long hours 19. 20, -23 hour shifts that come out too $9.99 per hour

aaa

working for a AAA company can be difficult at times.There would be times where you can get 5 calls at once or you can have no calls at all.You have to know the fast drivers and the slow and know what trucks can do what call.

Overall a good company to work for and competitive wages and awesome co-workers.

Worked long hours which was good, learned a lot with this company as it was where i learned how to run a tow truck. Great people to work with, if i ever needed anything or advice on something could always call one of the other drivers anytime.

Pros

Wages are really good.

Cons

They could maintain there trucks better.

Multitasking is a mandatory requirement to achieve your daily task.

I start my day by running financial reports on revenue collected the previous day, gathering truck reports for maintenance and review impound log. Once I receive the truck information from the maintenance tech I place drivers in trucks to begin their shifts. The most strenuous part of my job is the morning hustle to get everybody settled for the day .I greatly enjoy my job as a dispatcher. Tracking trucks and being able to dispatch them efficiently seems to come with great ease. With this job I have learned a great deal of patients and empathy. The lack of communication between offices adds to the stress of the day to day operations within the company but even with those hurdles the management team still persevere and strive to provide the best customer service.

Pros

I greatly enjoy dispatching, work with a great staff

Cons

No benefits

Horrible

Dont work here unless managment has changed, favoritism of some older employees and if yur a suck up is the only way to get by. Othwrwise u are left behind and treated like dirt.

Pros

Free aaa membership

Cons

Lied to constantly

Helping others was best

Helping others was best. Long hours and not enough pay to live in the area of a growing tech boom was hard. Ive worked unimaginable hours, to wake up 5 hours to do it again. Its a great company to work for when helping others, but the stress is not worth the time missed being from loved ones.

Pros

Community, helping others

Cons

Long hours, Not enough money, No real benefits

Very poor work ethics

never satisfiy, long hrs, very dangerous without any benefits, or medical coverage. Working with poor equipments. Very bad safety enviroment. Pay daily if calls were sent otherwise nothing.

Pros

Always hiring

Cons

Poor communications

horrible place to work

First they dont let you take lunch breaks and if you do get one they only let you take 10-20 min. There are flatbeds, wheel lifts and battery trucks. They think that all should be making the same call volume which is impossible. 1. A battery truck just jumps starts cars, unlocks doors, and sales batteries. Of course they are gonna get the most call volume. 2. A wheel lift can fit in smaller places and hook up to cars easier and faster. 3. A fladbed which I drive is huge, hard to get in some places they want us to go. Have to load car safely and secure properly. Takes a lot of time. So in a day a battery truck can get 15-20 calls, a wheel lift about 10-15, a flatbed about 5-10. You get a bonus if you meet a call quota, obviously flatbed drivers dont get that cause they cant produce the same call quota as a battery truck or wheel lift. Next the laziest managers and team leads. They are suppose to help tows if it is super busy. Nope they just sit in the office and get mad cause its backed up. They falsely accuse you of damages just so they dont have to give a raise or a yearly bonus.

Pros

free tow membership

Cons

no breaks, management, equal employment

good hours

picking up a few trucks each day how to tow trucks boss was bad tempered no culture putting up with boss sitting at kmart every day drinking coffee with other drivers

not impressed

This company does not taking good care of its employees. New hires get paid the same amount as workers that have been with the company for 10+ years. Benefits do not accommodate drivers and their families. I would have to say that they do an excellent job on PTO, but drivers are not always able to use it during black out months. otherwise it is an okay place to work.

Pros

PTO is good

Cons

chain of command

A job I didn't mind at all going to

I would receive a call from dispatch to go and tow a car or let someone who have locked themselves out back in there car using equipment provided by the company but my most enjoyable experience was operating the tow truck for every job offered new and some times tedious challenges. Overall it was work I enjoyed doing.

Pros

learn new ways to work yourself through prblems that might arise.

Cons

almost never any family or personal time for dispatch would call at the most imopportune times.

good people lots of reasponsability

it was a great place for me to grow as a person. With an intence work scedual witch ment a great oppertunity to make a very good income.

its a fun work place love driving

i love driving and helping people, the manager is a really nice person he helps you with anything you need the hardest part of this job is that i really didnt get to spend time with my family on the holidays

Great place to work, left due to my husband's illness

Location was on road sales, as well as Administration duties in the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Towing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Towing