AAA Washington logo
AAA Washington
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAA Washington Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Great company, great guiding principles and mission, great people

I really enjoy working at AAA. More slower paced so if you are looking for a faster pace, this may not be the place for you. Lots of learning opportunities offered by corporate via training initiatives but not so much from leadership or direct departments. Pay is fair but not great. Good benefits. Great people.

Pros

People, benefits

Cons

Pay, slow pace

Great benefits and you get to help people daily.

Choice of shifts between four tens or five eights. Set days off, don't have to worry about being on call. Various locations from Lake City to Renton. Outstanding benefits. Unfortunately since they are shorthanded, you're usually running your whole shift, staying late. If you need help with a call backup may take a little while to meet you.

Pros

Set hours, days off. Benefits / PTO

Cons

Long days, running behind on calls.

loved it all

i loved everything about it. I wish my position wasnt removed in a restructure but AAA still took care of me and we parted on great terms. The benefits and culture are amazing, the raises could use work but it could be argued the benefits outweigh the pay.

A company that stands behind their employees and the benefits are a+ management is caring and understanding with whatever you have going on in your life

Great place to work!

AAA Washington's leadership team showed us what it means to work for this organization when the pandemic hit. It put the health and safety of its employees first, did everything it could to keep employees working, kept benefits whole for those who had decreased schedules, and quickly and efficiently got people working from home or, for those who had to remain in the field, implemented policies to keep them healthy. AAA has a very strong culture around its guiding principles: members lead the way, provide value for our members, be a great place to work, act today to serve members tomorrow and WE CARE! I also love how active AAA is in the community and how much it gives back.

Pros

Benefits are superb! Very generous PTO! Great people! Remote work options.

Cons

Fairly small organization, so not a ton of advancement opportunity, but AAA finds other ways to invest in your professional development and give you opportunities.

26 May 2021
Thank you for your review. Our organization, just like others, faced some unique challenges this past year navigating through the pandemic but everyone stepped up to the plate and made the necessary changes and transitions with ease and grace. Our employees did an amazing job navigating new norms and many did so while also adjusting to new norms at home. Our people are truly what makes AAA Washington a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to lead following our Guiding Principles.

Slow, painful death by dysfunctional culture

A low-risk mentality and culture where employees are focused on protecting turf and not on the overall growth or success of the company. Low risk means low change which means job security unless you are innovative and growth-minded then you will threaten leadership and employees. A severe lack of innovation will eventually result in the demise of AAA.

Pros

Life work balance, fair to good pay

Cons

Culture, silos, politics

27 April 2021
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience during your time with us. We are always looking for ways to ensure we are thinking with an innovative mindset, and we regret that we missed the mark during your time here. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

No growth and not friendly

Not a good place to work they tell you they will help you and theres change of growth but theres not they hire outside people for jobs people that already work there could be moved up in to. There medical leave sucks and the leadership is non existent for the most part.

Pros

Free aaa service

Cons

Everything else about the job

27 April 2021
We appreciate your willingness to provide feedback on your experience with us. We are very fortunate to see 1 in 4 of our open positions filled with internal candidates, but we also recognize that there are areas of opportunity for us to continue to support our hard-working team members. We work hard to ensure every employee's leave needs are being met within all legal parameters , we are sorry to hear we missed the mark on this while you were part of our team. We will continue to engage in open communications with our leave management vendors to ensure our employees are being given the best service.

a good company to work for

AAA is a well-established organization with a solid reputation. The company provides paid training for new employees and follow-up training, as needed. It offers competitive pay and benefits, job security. and opportunities to learn and grow,

27 April 2021
Thank you for your glowing review. We are excited to be able to offer so many outstanding benefits including paid training to our employees. It is always exciting to see internal growth and internal promotion opportunities - we are happy that you are able to grow with us! Thank you for being a part of the AAA Washington team!

Not good

They seem nice and understanding at the beginning. But once you are out of training the real company shows. They also punish you for taking sick days even if you are sick. You cannot advance or get raises if you have taken more than 1 sick day in 6 months.

Pros

Good PTO and Paid Holidays

Cons

Expensive healthcare plans, not allowed to take sick time, not supportive

26 May 2021
Being that our Customer Service Unit is a call center, unplanned absences do put a burden on colleagues during high-call volumes. This is why we do have attendance guidelines that we adhere to. These guidelines are usually shared with you during the beginning of your employment. Per our handbook, employees are eligible to apply for posted positions after they’ve been in their current position for a minimum of six months and in good standing with AAA. Good standing is defined as not being on a Final Warning. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Don't work under Mark

He will lie to your face and single you out even if you have done nothing. He is rascist and does not care what happens to you. He made me feel afraid to come to work I dreaded it every time until finally I stopped coming. He always had something to say whether you did wrong or not. If you reported it to HR it didn't matter he would go above and beyond to make sure you lose.

Pros

gym, snack shop, lunch room, pay

Cons

unethical, unfriendly, threatening

27 April 2021
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience during your time with us. The concerns you have brought up are disturbing and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss them more in depth to ensure they are addressed appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to our HR department at HRDept@aaawa.com. If you would feel more comfortable reaching out to our Ethics Hotline, we would be happy to provide that information to you. We appreciate your candor, and will continue to offer training opportunities to our teams to make sure we correct these mistakes.

90% es buena la empresa de A.A.A

El trabajo es fácil pero aveses los despachadores te lo asen difícil porque no te coordinan las llamadas y te asen manejar demasiado diciéndote eres el único que ay no tengo a nadie más y si no hases la llamada no tedan llamadas asta por más de una hora

27 April 2021
Our Fleet drivers are the heart of our business - thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The role of a Fleet driver is so unique, as you are on the frontlines serving our members. Open communication and setting proper expectations is important to our leadership team, and we will continue to encourage our leadership team, for all departments, to ensure our employees are respectful and professional with one another across business lines. "We Care" isn't just one of our Guiding Principles, it's who we are as an organization.

Negative corporate culture

Staff is mean. Staff members steal from coworkers and management does nothing. Some Supervisors are micromanagers. No opportunity to advance or get promoted. Work is BORING!

26 May 2021
I am really sorry that we missed the mark during your time with us. Ensuring a Respectful Workplace is one of our top priorities. AAA Washington prides itself on providing growth opportunities to our employees. In fact, 1 in every 4 filled positions are internal employees that are promoted. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Easy going environment and friendly co-workers

A typical day was fairly relaxed where I was located at. I'd help the customers who came into the office and give them trip advice or help map out their road itinerary. I also did training's in the office when we were slow. These training's helped further my education on the travel industry and in return use it to help my customers.

This company really helps employees

They really care for us. They give us many benefits. They put us up in a hotel for snow days. They provide food. The insurance is superb. I am overall happy at this job.

27 April 2021
Greetings! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am excited to know that you value our amazing benefits and the care we provide for our employees. After all, We Care is one of our guiding principles! Thank you for being a part of the AAA Washington family!

Solid office work environment

The office environment is very relaxed, but professional. Staff is all very friendly and there is a lack of drama in the atmosphere. Everyone sticks to their own tasks, but is always willing to help out if needed.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are so happy that you found AAA Washington a great place to work. We appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to serving you and your family in the future!

fun and productive

Excellent management and team work, I enjoy working with people and challenge and assist members on the road failure enjoy dispatching and use of computer technology

27 April 2021
Hello! Thank you for your review. The team here at AAA Washington prides themselves on hiring the best people - from frontline employees to our CEO! We are happy to hear you love working with us! Did you know we just launched a new version of AAAWA.com? We have recently added information about THRIVE to enhance your employee experience. We hope you share your experience with your friends and family!

Not as Advertised

They draw you in and make you think your important and everyone is welcome and included. As the layers begin to peel you will see it is not what it seems. Trainer is manipulative and power hungry also she can’t take being wrong. Company will go with seniority no matter if the senior person is wrong and all they will still chose them.

26 May 2021
We are sorry to hear we missed the mark with ensuring you had a good experience during your tenure with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

They need to work on work life balance.

There is no work life balance with AAA. They also need to focus on better training so new employees don't get frustrated. Most of the people are friendly.

26 May 2021
We agree – AAA Washingtons greatest asset is the people we work with! During the last few years, we have really focused on providing learning & development opportunities to all employees, including leadership, throughout the organization and have also recently implemented a new learning & development tool. Our goal is to aid our organization in continuing to be innovative problem-solvers for the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Please review management!!!

Management definitely needs to be reconsidered. All they do is micromanage the things that do not even matter..... Morale is always at an all time low. They brag about the way they treat their employees but I do not think paying for a few meals and providing chips a few times a year makes up for the overworked and stressful environment you are placed in!! If you have any suggestions on how to improve things...better keep it to yourself. If you have some issue that is bothering you and you are thinking of going to your supervisor or HR? Don't do it!!! it will come back and bite you... I wish they would take the feedback they get seriously...

26 May 2021
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you have valuable feedback that could help us improve. I understand and respect your decision to not want to speak to management or HR about improvement opportunities. But I do want to make sure that you are aware that we have an ethics hotline that is administered by a third party vendor and therefore completely confidential. You can find the contact info for the ethics hotline on our intranet HR website or by calling Human Resources directly.

Management needs work

Overall the company has a great culture, but very old fashioned in the way they operate - they do not listen to feedback. The call center is probably the worst, they watch your every move and you are not allowed to step away or speak to associates unless it is your scheduled break/lunch time. If you spend too much time off the phone, they note that too. They pick apart your calls and constantly tell you what you are doing wrong and not what you are doing right. And the hourly pay is way too low if you are required to be licensed and working/living in the greater Seattle area. The turnover in the call center is ridiculous, they hire on 4-6 people every few months and lose about the same amount, and the only people that stay there have been with AAA for at least 10 years and are just awaiting retirement.

26 May 2021
Our team here at AAA Washington prides themselves on hiring the best people and we are happy to hear that you are loving working with us and that our company culture is something you appreciate. Be a Great Place to Work isn't just one of our Guiding Principles, it's who we are, and it sounds like there are some opportunities for our team to continue to work hard to ensure we are in fact a great place to work. Thank you for your feedback.

Poor management

I made it 7 months before I could take no more, in that 7 months I had 3 different managers. With the head manager not knowing how to dispatch. Automotive services cares more about the bottom dollar than the customer or the employee putting both in danger. I cant say much for AAA in other states as I have been told time and time again that it is ran correctly but AAAWA is inconsistent in every way.

27 April 2021
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience during your time with us. We appreciate your candor, and will continue to offer training opportunities to our management teams to make sure we correct these mistakes. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Washington. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA Washington