AAA of Western and Central NY logo
AAA of Western and Central NY
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AAA of Western and Central NY Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Its an ok place to work for if you don't mind mediocrity

The interview at this company was the most exciting of me being at the company. The culture is very petty in the department I work for. The training was not very hands on with the management team. They had another team mate train you and you're supposed to remember information from seeing it one time. They say there's no such thing as a bad question but when you make a mistake or are unclear about something, they put it in group meetings and group chats. It was very humiliating. Also, the downside is there are about 250-300 customers that call a day and on a good day about 5-7 CSR'S to handle the call. Only about 50-60% of the calls are handled in timely manner and the customer turnover rate is completely too high with this company. If you sell a policy to a customer the likelihood staying is 40/60! To be honest, I don't think this company is equipped to handle insurance. The rates may be competitive but its not worth never getting a representative on the line and its embarrassing to be associated with a company who represents themselves in this manner.

Pros

Flexible with Dr's Appointments, 2 15 minute breaks, Amazon gift cards (mostly for sales agents).

Cons

healthcare is high, management team sucks up to higher management, not a lot of support

Managers are not what they seem

ManagementIn general, managers at AAA of Western and Central NY were fake. If they didnt like you they made it hard for you to go further in the company. They would find ways to fire you or for you to quit. They said they are like a family, but only if you fit into their mold

Good work environment excellent equipment

Worked for knolls Mobil north garage # 9 in western NY. 5 roll decks 5 wheel lifts/w dollys 2 battery trucks. Excellent work environment family owned till this day. AAA of western NY went to their own fleet shortly after I left to work for the state of NY.

Pros

Interacting with people helping them understand what has gone wrong and how I can help

Cons

Good job for the disabled

AAA went above and beyond to accommodate my disabilities! And they were patient with my adjustment to the type of work! It’s a true teamwork environment!

Pros

Most people were easy to get along with!

Cons

Co-workers have a few clicks

Just Don't.

I've been with the company for a few years now. In the beginning it was great. They sell you on all the benefits and potential bonus income. Prior to Covid, there was a bonus opportunity. Now that Covid is here, my paycheck is much smaller. After working here a few years and only making a little over $1 more than I started with, a new employee is making the same amount of money that I am (minimum wage for the company was raised earlier this year). It's a lot of work... now more than before because we are forced to work other departments because they laid off a chunk of staff. I don't work in Roadside Assistance but I will be now - without any increase in pay or the comfort and knowledge to do so. The attitude of just be happy you have a job is strong. For being a not for profit, they are very strongly driven by the mighty dollar and have invested excess funds in stocks "for the security of the company". It's a good stepping stone to something better but I wouldn't plan on a career. I'm only here until I can find something better.

Benefits

Cons

Stress, lack of training, a lot of work for a little pay

Micromanaged

If there was a choice for zero stars I would of picked that. There is no work life balance. Pretty much everyone there is a backstabber. If you are not the manager's pet, you won't get anywhere in the company or any help.

Could have been the best job ever , is the worst

Management couldn’t be any worse. They don’t care about employees or members. They constantly break labor laws and department of transportation policies & from the moment you start working they start working on your termination. They like high turnover rates and the pay is not anywhere near what it should be for the kind of danger involved. During the pandemic they cut hours to the point where employees couldn’t pay their bills but still had a high level of Covid exposure, we were dispatched constantly to Covid testing facilities and to assist people who self admitted to the call taker that they were sick. Would not recommend to anyone

Very Stressful

This company only cares about profit. Management has favorites and they are nice to your face, but mean behind your back and constantly micromanage. You are not allowed to have feelings and are treated like a robot even if something is going on in your life. Some coworkers are nice but it’s not a very welcoming environment, this place will always be a revolving door. They basically pretend they care but they don’t.

Ok place to work

hard work but fair. hard in the winter good in the summer. Long hours alone good if your ok with that but bothers some people. Lots of driving and another of dangerous work.

Pros

left alone if you work hard

Used to be great

There are to many managers who are in positions that they are not qualified for, and toxic work environments. Favoritism has exploded. The employees are always waiting for the next firing. They are in complete contradiction to their policies and procedures. They kept a manager who committed payroll fraud, yet dismissed an agent because they didn't like her personality. No longer a family feel

Do not work here

The company is corrupt. Management picks favorites, and if you are not the favorite you get pushed out. If you have a voice and disagree you are pushed out. They punish you for being sick by not allowing Doctors notes if you are sick with any illness, they give you an occurrence(7 of these and no matter what you are fired.) They promote people for attendance and not actual skill. Any job in the world is better then this one. Everything is a sales pitch, don't fall for it, run before you hit the apply button.

Benefits poor for entry level

Everything is a sales pitch, even to you. Once hired you find out how things really work but they do not stop that delusional sales talk all the time.

They lie to their employees starting at the interview

More negative to say about this place than positive. They do not value their employees. They are more worried about how much money they can get from their customers.

Pros

Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Wont promote unless you are buddies with the management.

Good benefits, so so atmosphere

Worked for AAA for other a year now. Work environment is wishy washy. Good benefits and pay is comparable. But shift bid every 6mos. Other than that a steady job.

Very Stressful Job

Long hours, very stressful, not a lot of support from management. Management is not good at being engaged with staff and taking their opinions into account in decision making. Very broken.

Rewarding work helping to make the public roads & highways safer

I presented a defensive driving program in a classroom setting however I was averaging only one assigned classroom presentation per month. I did not feel I received enough classes in order to get thoroughly comfortable with the material. I should have taken it upon myself to spend more time preparing for each class and keeping updated on current laws and news regarding vehicle safety in our community, the state and the nation.

Prison is better than AAA

Fleet Operations Coordinator is shady and always looking to fire any Driver that makes a mistake or has a voice. The fleet manager 1 is by far the worst manager in the business! Stay far far far away from this fleet.

Pros

Cons

Needs New Management

You can't please everyone

AAA of Western & Central NY is so focused on trying to keep everyone in the organization happy that they struggle to accomplish changes that would significantly improve opportunities and workflows. The management there tends to compartmentalize issue, as a result, they struggle to see the whole picture. The pay is fair and if you are relatively new to the industry its a good place to start but don't expect you will make a lot of money here.

Dispatch

Things change constantly management is not very supportive of workers they do not recognize the hard work that people do you are asked to work overtime or extra hours but are given no gratitude for doing such. Hard work of course is expected but they do not recognize employees for staying late helping out with shifts, going the extra mile they don't recognize their employees .

Favoritism, too many supervisors

If you're not a favorite, you're at bottom of the line. Policies are a constant change and they do not pertain to everyone . Great if your single and have only this as a job. If you have a family, or a second job, or go to school, forget about it. Damage claims are always in favor of client even if old damage from years ago by someone else. Computer operated dispatching is a joke. Once you are gone, and go elsewhere, you are better off.

Pros

Overtime in winter

Cons

Too many supervisors, favoritism, very demanding, its always your fault

Nice Place to Work

I have not been at AAA for over 2 years. When I was there I enjoyed it. Team Oriented. I like working in a leadership position and I like the fast paced atmosphere and the multi-tasking. It was a great job and I was sad to be dismissed.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA of Western and Central NY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA of Western and Central NY