AAA of Western and Central NY

AAA of Western and Central NY Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Its an ok place to work for if you don't mind mediocrity

The interview at this company was the most exciting of me being at the company. The culture is very petty in the department I work for. The training was not very hands on with the management team. They had another team mate train you and you're supposed to remember information from seeing it one time. They say there's no such thing as a bad question but when you make a mistake or are unclear about something, they put it in group meetings and group chats. It was very humiliating. Also, the downside is there are about 250-300 customers that call a day and on a good day about 5-7 CSR'S to handle the call. Only about 50-60% of the calls are handled in timely manner and the customer turnover rate is completely too high with this company. If you sell a policy to a customer the likelihood staying is 40/60! To be honest, I don't think this company is equipped to handle insurance. The rates may be competitive but its not worth never getting a representative on the line and its embarrassing to be associated with a company who represents themselves in this manner.

Pros

Flexible with Dr's Appointments, 2 15 minute breaks, Amazon gift cards (mostly for sales agents).

Cons

healthcare is high, management team sucks up to higher management, not a lot of support

Insurance agency is a joke

Don’t waste your time. The Director and VP are inconsistent, and it’s clear that none of the insurance agents respect either of them. This place is a joke and is going downhill fast. The bonus structure is laughable. They had good supervisors and a great sales manager but they didn’t stick around for the sinking ship—AAA should not sell insurance. They keep trying to hire more people, but that’s the wrong approach. Put more money into marketing, and revamp and rebrand to get with the times.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Advancement

People are not given a fair chance at advancement. Jobs are handed to the favorite instead of posting the job and interviewing people. They lose more workers because of this.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Poor management...favoritism

What is the best part of working at AAA of Western and Central NY?Getting to work with great people. What is the most stressful part about working at AAA of Western and Central NY?Having to meet a sales goal even though you are working in the service department. What is the work environment and culture like at AAA of Western and Central NY?Very competitive and even if you do great they still want more out of you. What is a typical day like for you at AAA of Western and Central NY?Logging onto the phones 5 minutes before your shift. Taking approximately 45 calls with no breaks in between those calls.

Den of Mediocrity

Working as a roadside service technician was beyond stressful and management especially the Fleet Manager and Assistant Manager had no concept of what roadside work entails. Drivers are constantly reminded weekly about driver clips and put on blast. The supervisors below managers were excellent, had little to no problem with any of them.Throughout my time working in fleet the common solution to filling in manager and supervisor roles was to hire outside the company and not promote from within. It made it very difficult to see a future in company given little to no movement and constantly having outsiders fill positions.The managers are completely unfit for their roles and should of had actual roadside assistance experience.Often during days managers would call and demand you stay 30 minutes before shift end, the assistant manager had no concept of people having lives outside of Aaa and always demanded more time out of everyone without any real rewardA good part about the job was the revamped training department, it was a bright spot in an otherwise dreary sky. Obtaining new knowledge was fairly easy and didn’t require a lot Ultimately this job would be great for a person who wants a mediocre environment, doesn’t want to advance, and does have a life or plans. I would highly recommend staying away

Pros

Great training department and great coworkers

Cons

Terrible and poor choice of fleet managers. High stress environment

Sales and Numbers

This company used to care about its employees but over time they started to care more about numbers and sales. They are very strict about sales. Theyre is no script but if you don't say the right thing you will get marked off on a call. There is plenty of overtime in the winter, sometimes mandatory.

Pros

Overtime opportunities

Cons

Too sales hungry

Good company to work for

Great place.you will get all proper training you need in order to be roadside tech.Its tough during the winter.But over all I enjoyed working there...

Great place to build a career

AAA is a great company to work for with many career path opportunities. I started in the call center and was able to learn about other areas of the company and now I'm a travel agent working on a branch office. Others here have started in the call center and moved into Insurance and into Accounting. Great culture and strong leadership from Managers!

Pros

Very strong culture

Cons

Strict scheduling

Managers are not what they seem

ManagementIn general, managers at AAA of Western and Central NY were fake. If they didnt like you they made it hard for you to go further in the company. They would find ways to fire you or for you to quit. They said they are like a family, but only if you fit into their mold

Good work environment excellent equipment

Worked for knolls Mobil north garage # 9 in western NY. 5 roll decks 5 wheel lifts/w dollys 2 battery trucks. Excellent work environment family owned till this day. AAA of western NY went to their own fleet shortly after I left to work for the state of NY.

Pros

Interacting with people helping them understand what has gone wrong and how I can help

Cons

Good job for the disabled

AAA went above and beyond to accommodate my disabilities! And they were patient with my adjustment to the type of work! It’s a true teamwork environment!

Pros

Most people were easy to get along with!

Cons

Co-workers have a few clicks

Just Don't.

I've been with the company for a few years now. In the beginning it was great. They sell you on all the benefits and potential bonus income. Prior to Covid, there was a bonus opportunity. Now that Covid is here, my paycheck is much smaller. After working here a few years and only making a little over $1 more than I started with, a new employee is making the same amount of money that I am (minimum wage for the company was raised earlier this year). It's a lot of work... now more than before because we are forced to work other departments because they laid off a chunk of staff. I don't work in Roadside Assistance but I will be now - without any increase in pay or the comfort and knowledge to do so. The attitude of just be happy you have a job is strong. For being a not for profit, they are very strongly driven by the mighty dollar and have invested excess funds in stocks "for the security of the company". It's a good stepping stone to something better but I wouldn't plan on a career. I'm only here until I can find something better.

Benefits

Cons

Stress, lack of training, a lot of work for a little pay

Micromanaged

If there was a choice for zero stars I would of picked that. There is no work life balance. Pretty much everyone there is a backstabber. If you are not the manager's pet, you won't get anywhere in the company or any help.

Could have been the best job ever , is the worst

Management couldn’t be any worse. They don’t care about employees or members. They constantly break labor laws and department of transportation policies & from the moment you start working they start working on your termination. They like high turnover rates and the pay is not anywhere near what it should be for the kind of danger involved. During the pandemic they cut hours to the point where employees couldn’t pay their bills but still had a high level of Covid exposure, we were dispatched constantly to Covid testing facilities and to assist people who self admitted to the call taker that they were sick. Would not recommend to anyone

Very Stressful

This company only cares about profit. Management has favorites and they are nice to your face, but mean behind your back and constantly micromanage. You are not allowed to have feelings and are treated like a robot even if something is going on in your life. Some coworkers are nice but it’s not a very welcoming environment, this place will always be a revolving door. They basically pretend they care but they don’t.

Ok place to work

hard work but fair. hard in the winter good in the summer. Long hours alone good if your ok with that but bothers some people. Lots of driving and another of dangerous work.

Pros

left alone if you work hard

Used to be great

There are to many managers who are in positions that they are not qualified for, and toxic work environments. Favoritism has exploded. The employees are always waiting for the next firing. They are in complete contradiction to their policies and procedures. They kept a manager who committed payroll fraud, yet dismissed an agent because they didn't like her personality. No longer a family feel

Do not work here

The company is corrupt. Management picks favorites, and if you are not the favorite you get pushed out. If you have a voice and disagree you are pushed out. They punish you for being sick by not allowing Doctors notes if you are sick with any illness, they give you an occurrence(7 of these and no matter what you are fired.) They promote people for attendance and not actual skill. Any job in the world is better then this one. Everything is a sales pitch, don't fall for it, run before you hit the apply button.

Benefits poor for entry level

Everything is a sales pitch, even to you. Once hired you find out how things really work but they do not stop that delusional sales talk all the time.

They lie to their employees starting at the interview

More negative to say about this place than positive. They do not value their employees. They are more worried about how much money they can get from their customers.

Pros

Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Wont promote unless you are buddies with the management.

Good benefits, so so atmosphere

Worked for AAA for other a year now. Work environment is wishy washy. Good benefits and pay is comparable. But shift bid every 6mos. Other than that a steady job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA of Western and Central NY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAA of Western and Central NY