AAR Corp.

AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Meh

Not great but not terrible. No training and management sucks the big one. It's a good start in the aviation industry but move on to bigger and better things

8 August 2022
Hello, as appreciate your feedback. We are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger1-630-227-2074

Over all AAR was a good place to work, A lot of wonderful people, Good pay and good benefits, My personal experience unfortunately was under a very poor manager, Aside from him I would rate the company as a good place to work

2 August 2022
Greetings, and thank you for your review.Blue skies,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR 1-630-227-2074

Good to learn

The company is good to learn, and I definitely learned a lot in there, my knowledge and skills improved so much at AAR. and I never had any issues with others mechanics or supervisor etc. the hangar floor work environment is amazing!The only thing wrong in this company is the wages. There is many unlicensed mechanics in the hangar but, at least five get way better wages then the others. So way they pay more some mechanics that perform similar or below you? My opinion, if the mechanic performs good and can get the job done he should not get more than 5 dollars less than the other mechanic with similar or lower performance since we are all unlicensed.That is the only problem with this company in my opinion.That is why when the good mechanics gets the TC license they quit! So why training people good and have the talent for 2 or 3 years and then force them to quit due the low wages?

No training for anyone

Just a good Ole boy environment training at your facility is a joke ,no training for a lead or computer skills, the people you have for intake on policy or training is zero on any scale

25 July 2022
Hello, as we appreciate your feedback, and are always striving to improve, and go forward.Very Respectfully,G-Man

20-30% Attrition rate annually

Austere conditions and micromanagement of middle management leads to high stress and distrust amongst the WASS QC Dep. While there are great leaders, and great technicians a few bad apples are destroying the culture. Independent sites verry greatly. Kabul AFG vs Baghdad Iraq are black and white. While Kabul functioned as a cohesive organization till the verry end, BDSC is a political nightmare where simply accusing an individual of something can and will result in the termination of the individual . Management is so scared of loosing the contract that they are destroying their organization.

Loved what I did. Dreaded most of who I worked with.

Very low pay. No team work. No training. Management doesn't care about employees. Employees all talk bad about everyone behind there backs. They do offer insurance and hours are good. No one follows the rules. Employees sleep on their desk, play on phone, watch movies. They come in late leave early and no on wants to do anything but their job. It's most of the people that makes this job suck and management doesn't fix it.

18 July 2022
Hello, and we appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Best place in Indy to become familiar with Aviation Maintenance starting out

Pay is less than most companies for similar work however there is never a lack of work to be done and plenty of room for advancement within the company.

Pros

Reasonable amount of breaks throughout the day

Cons

Lower pay than most jobs in surrounding area

18 July 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.Blue skies,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Low pay but easy for the experienced mechanic

Pay is bad if your certified and experienced. Like really bad. But the people there are awesome to work with and is a nice environment. Healthcare is pretty decent from what i understand. Tooling however is mismanaged.

5 July 2022
Hello, and we appreciate your feedback and are always striving to improve. Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAARWood Dale, Illinois

Not a fun workplace, management sucks!

No room for improvement, this place sucks!!!!!!! Management sucks!!! Smokers get privileges to take extra breaks to smoke on non-break times, while non smokers get punished for taking longer breaks!!! They will not do anything to help you get a raise!!!!!!!!

6 June 2022
Hello, as we appreciate your feedback and we are always striving to improve. Very Respectfully,g

Contract Job

I was a Contractor. There were no company benefits provided to Contractors. The computer system was antiquated, there wasn't enough equipment for jobs to be performed in timely manner. Facility wasn't organized.

31 May 2022
Thank you for your service to the corporation. Appreciate the review and feedback. We are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ1-630-227-2074

This place is good for starting your career at aviation, learn how to fix airplane in accordance with the reference manuals. Aviation job is unique and fun to do.

Pros

No pros

Cons

No cons

23 May 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.Blue skies,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Fun place

Work hard, play hard. Great guys (and gals) as long as you avoid the jerks. But you can avoid those pretty easily. Overall a good place to be as long as you are willing to work

2 May 2022
Thank you for your review, as very appreciative of the positive feedback.Blue skies,G-Man

They need to raise salaries.

The company is very big and has a lot of workers, there is a lot of responsibilities in there since we are working with aircraft. They pay very low for such a great responsibility.

18 April 2022
We appreciate your feedback. And, we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger1-630-227-2074

Make it your last choice

AAR Miami left a very bad impression about the aviation industry, if i didn't know any better id quit for ever. Its a dog eat dog world at AAR Miami, you'll have wanna be managers use you as a stepping stone.Prepare to be overworked and underpaid, this hangar has a superiority complex to it and will run you down and work you to the bone. The only reason this place is still running is because its a source of cheap labor and fast delivery time, they will do anything to get a plane out. Management is rotten to the core, don't expect anything good coming from them

14 March 2022
We appreciate the feedback. And, we are always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

productive

always learn something something new each working day, compare to other companies, they are offering the lowest pay. some companies in the province offer high rates

16 March 2022
Greetings, and thank you for your review. We very much appreciate the feedback.V/R,Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Not good environment. Toxic management.

I just worked there 7 months. There was no planning. Not an strategic view on how to manage the bussines. In the first 4 months 2 manager and 2 colleagues were dismissed and another one went off sick due to stress and finally left after been treated unfairly.

25 February 2022
Hello, and we appreciate your feedback. We always striving to improve.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR World HQ

Normal

my first job starts with AAR as a contract worker. My team was nice but the job is pretty boring as a associate accounting. but it is a good try for people who just start

10 February 2022
Hello, and thank you. Appreciate the feedback.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ

Great place to work!!

Flexible work schedules, great teamwork. No Micromanagement. AAR takes work/life balance seriously. Opportunity for advancement. Great Leadership!!

10 February 2022
Greetings, and thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.Blue skies,G-Man

The salary is very low in these place

Salary and supervision very bad compared to other jobs

Pros

Regular

10 February 2022
Hello,Thank you for the feedback, and I will signal the Team.V/R,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Rude and unprofessional

They do not fill out paper work for the ojt so you can advance and get a raise. They allow their leads and inpectors to scream, yell and cuss at you in the hanger in front of everyone with no consequences.

10 February 2022
Hello, as we appreciate the feedback and are always striving to improve. Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR

Overall wonderful people to work for and with

The people are great. The location, Rockford,IL, is less than desirable. The pay is far below industry standards. However, despite the pay or lack thereof, I was offered a chance to prove my value in the company based on my work as a contractor the first 3 mos. Once in the role, I was given every opportunity to succeed with the support of my immediate management team. Flexibility was also unmatched. I often deal with minor medical issues that arise at seemingly the worst of times. Not one time was I questioned on the validity of my situation. I was given the respect so many companies don’t afford their workers in the aviation industry.

Pros

Management WILL listen, if you just talked to them. They are human too and understand issues that arise.

Cons

Pay was far below industry standard, location isn’t great.

27 January 2022
Hello, and thank you for your review of the Airframe Maintenance hangar in Rockford, Illinois, USA. Appreciate the feedback.Very Respectfully,Greg "G-Man" DellingerAAR HQ in Wood Dale, IL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AAR Corp.