ABM Industries, Inc.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 9,415 reviews

A typical day was doing new builds such as showers, walls or ballistrades. I learnt about the glass industry both commercial and private. Management was great and I would have stayed if I hadn't of moved on to the coal industry. Hardest part of the job was positioning of some glass structures, easiest part was getting to see some really great builds in progress. My co-workers were all fantastic to work with.

Pretty decent job where I clean

Can't really complain about this job cleaning an elementary school. I work by myself, but the manager is extremely nice. Pretty typical janitorial job, thankfully the people are tiny so the messes are relatively smaller than say a high schooler.

Pros

Small people make less of a mess

Cons

You're still cleaning toilets.

I loved this job

I loved this job the only downfall was how unorganized ABM is. Other then that Great pay, great workplace, I loved my schedule I only worked 3 days. I recommend.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Unorganized

Poor manegment

Poor management, poor qork ethics and the employees slack off ! Everyday I got to work busting my but off because the employees would slack off and have a care in the world. This was at Amazon fresh !

I enjoyed my hospital positions. Nice people, my manager was kind , thoughtful and on the ball.

Flexible with my hours, tolerant of personal issues....I loved working with them. My only issue was no insurance for part timers.I would work there until I fell over

Pros

An ocasional free lunch was great

Cons

Nothing really.. the hospital staff was mostly friendly and my coworkers the bomb.

Just don't.

Manager was unqualified for the position. Never answered phone calls or returned your call. Consistently out of supplies required for the job. You are expected to work 7 days a week with out question.

Abm industries

Management are good with staff they work hard to keep and understand everyone. Lots of work but great staff to work with, we all know how to pull together to get work completely done.

Pros

Communicate with associates, and understand every way possible to help staff stay connected. Very much understanding.

Cons

Work load can be much, overwhelming

Decent work place if you keep to yourself.

I loved this job. Flexible with your time and hours. You can pick up extra shifts if needed without a problem. You could also leave if you needed to. The only issue I had and the only reason I left was do to the fact that you spend a lot of time going back and forth being outside and with the weather conditions fluctuating, way too hot or way too cold, raining, etc, I couldn't do it anymore. The work was easy, it could get a bit stressful at times, but over a decent place to work. The people are great and it could also be fun. I worked here for almost 2 years.

Pros

fun environment, fun people to work with, flexibility

Cons

weather conditions, problems accessing checkstubs, pay could have been higher

No future

No raises , no advancement , only the Latinos are advancing ... supervisors are hired with minimum experience ... I would not recommend a job where I was working .

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

No raises, advancement

Dose not care for their employees.

1st, I was doing a manager's job even though I wasn't one.2nd, I asked for medical leave and was denied, they said that I didn't have any more days off

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABM Industries, Inc.?

Custodian

Don't just walk away from this company. RUN! Hostile work environment, management is often hostile rude etc. If working at school principle will also become your boss despite already having one from abm. Pay checks are constantly messed up. Management is often inconsiderate and will discipline the good employees for the bad employees work ethics etc..No vacation pay, no holiday pay, no bereavement pay. I have never seen such an absolute Joke of a company! PATHETIC!

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Hostile work environment

Will make you feel drained

Most managers are untrustworthy and will look the other way when something is happening to you . the pay was decent just wish they would manage the company better

Pros

no pros

Cons

everything is con

Unprofessional Management

Very unprofessional management and co workers! The pay isn’t worth it and I would say make sure you have side income to make up for the low pay. Also, a lot of favoritism within the company as well as HR never contacts you back with harassment issues. NEVER work for them.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessionalism, you have no voice, low pay, and harassment issues

Great job!

I’ve worked a bunch of jobs but I never really had a job that I completely enjoyed except this one! The job is relaxed and easy, you’re getting paid to pick up and drop off car rentals to different locations. All of the co-workers and managers respect one another and trust each-other to get the job done. I have no complaints. The only small downside is that it is seasonal so you will be out of work for a few months but they do give you the opportunity/choice to either collect unemployment or they will send you over to one of their partnered companies for the meantime until the season starts back up.

Pros

Relaxed work environment, easy job

Cons

Seasonal positions

Save you and your family, don't work here.

The management and human resources departments of this company leave something to be desired. Between failing to provide requested assistance and failing to provide supply orders as requested, it left us on many occasions trying to find ways of improvising or cutting corners to complete the days work. If for any reason you are out of work for an extended time and another person is put in your position temporarily and that person fails to do the job, the company will hold you responsible for the work that was not done.They care nothing for each worker's individual needs, and the union that presides over the workers as so-called protection more often than not sides with the company. You will be treated unfairly, you will often bring home illnesses from the work place, and you will often find yourself sitting next to a coworker wondering how they were hire for the job in the first place. The turn over rate for employment is extremely high for a company that prides it self on handing out "Appreciation for 1 Year of Service" awards once ever 3 years.

Pros

This company is worldwide, stay in good standing with them and you are guaranteed a s***ty.

Cons

You will be treated as "less than", not only by management but also by the people whos buildings you service.

Consistent schedule and overtime available

Bad management and they are terrible at hiring people. I feel bad for the leads since a few people call out they have to take care of their job too. This company needs benefits that are affordable and decent. Sick pay, vacation time ect. Been here for almost a year and I didn’t have any vacation pay to apply to my Alaska trip. Incredible sad.

Pros

Consistent schedule, unlimited overtime, job is mostly easy.

Cons

Terrible benefits no build up of vacation days no matter how long you have been employed.

Do not work here

Look I can go on a long rant about how horrible my time with the company was but I’m just going to list off everything.1- forced overtime ( I mean physically being forced to stay in inside a car and taking somewhere you can not leave even when you tell them you have to go) 2- you have normally 5 mins to clean a plane that’s it (mid shift) and you will have 10-15 planes back to back you have to do. But when your not doing that you are taken to the warehouse and forced to do the warehouse staffs job.3- they will not pay you for your 10 hour shift if you don’t do overtime. 4- they pay you every 2 weeks but only 1 weeks worth a work each pay check. I can keep going but please be careful if you want to do this job still good luck.

Don't bother working at this company

It's not worth it at all. Especially in the Ridgefield school district. The management is hopeless. The work culture is non-existent and they praise only the worst workers. The good workers however, only get told what they are doing wrong and are given more work. Work that Includes babysitting employees that have a history of doing poor or no work. Then the good workers are blamed for the bad workers mistakes.

Poor pay and people skills

Good company for those starting work but if you ever held a job before, seek other employment. Management has a very hard time complying with thier own rules, the pay is nowhere near what is advertised and isnt worth caring about the quality of work one is asked to do. Management is also non-compliant to suggestions from thier workers despite them being solicited. Finally, COVID-19 compliance/vaccinations are not mandatory despite coming in contact with people from all parts of the country. Already had two quit because of it.

Pros

Free food from airline

Cons

Management, Dispatch and no manditory Covid vaccination compliance

Good work place

So far so good, I in my 3rd week of work. A lot of work to be done here but the pay is good and management is really good about working with you with your schedule.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

A lot of cleaning

It's a Great Company to work for ...

It's a great company to work for....HR is the best, management really care about their employees and co workers friendly, they have flexibility on the schedule if you need days and ask with time, they will do the best to accommodate it for you

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

No the best health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3K