ACC Limited logo
ACC Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACC Limited Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Stressful job but well paid

Worth it for the short amount of time nothing I could do for a longer period though. Took a while for me to start getting paid there but once I did it was good money. Rewarding but hard work.

Large Room for Opportunity

For a entry level job, ACC is set-up to provide ample opportunity to those that actively pursue it. Great job for what it was worth. Was a pleasure to work alongside co-workers. Although there had been a transition that seemed rather coerced, and has a type of set-up that seems forced rather than applicable or humane for that matter, co-workers make up for the lack of presentation of a sane organization.

Enjoyable project work

my role was varied and mostly enjoyable. i worked on some great projects, learnt a lot and loved the work i produced for sensitive claims. fantastic colleagues and the dedication that people had for their clients was great.

Overall good

Management needs work but the work and team is good. The location was really good and I would go back in a heartbeat. I loved the customer focused role.

Productive and fun workplace

Great people and systems. Really care about their employees and giving them the best opportunities available. Lots of training in place for new employees and a really great, supportive management team.

Produtive

I work for about 24 hours a week, I learnt something new every day when I was work as a Private caregiver, I did washing and cleaning, and making food for the client each day of the week.

Customer Service Representative

I worked in role for 9.5 years. It was a rewarding role both in the Call Centre and later at reception. I learnt a lot about injured people, how to deal with conflict, how to support people when they are at their most vulnerable. I enjoyed feeling that I was helping to make a difference and supporting people on their journey to recovery. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people from all works of life.

Pros

Feeling that you are helping to make a difference

Cons

Public not appreciating the scheme

Great team

A great organisation to work for who look after their staff. I was only in a temporary role here while I transferred to the Manawatu from Wellington. A great place to progress.

Productive, Fun and Friendly workplace

I loved working in ACC, I had never worked in a HR department before and ACC took a chance on me and taught me everything I needed to know for the role. I learned how to deal with personnel queries and any that I could not help with I passed to a more senior member of the team. I was treated really well and made to feel important.

Pros

Friendly team, makes work that bit better.

Cons

N/a

Woking at ACC

The intent of this organisation and value it brings to the wider NZ public is positive. As with any organisation the reflection of how services and support is delivered heavily relies on it's people, who act with integrity and support not only the scheme but our customers. The organisation is progressing through transformational change, the third transformation in 6 years, hopefully there is delivery in the outcomes that are positive for customers and employees. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work and expectations, the hours are long and the most challenging thing is dealing with so many people coming and going through the organisation so having to repeat and educate contractors etc can be frustrating. There are good people at ACC and they generally want to do the right thing.

Pros

Superannuation Scheme

Cons

Long hours, repetitive work

Jobs at ACC Limited

See more jobs

Friendly and challenging work environment

Typical day at work: UAT testing, liaising with stakeholders like BAs, SMEs, Releas team, Other test analysts, test scripting, execution, defect reporting and tracking, requirement analysis, test documentation like estimation, reviewing test plans, Text exit reports etc What I Learnt: Testing core applications used in claims management like EOS, PW, IPS2, MFP etc. Regression testing, Prioritization of work, mentoring junior staff Management: Worked with Test Managers who don't micro manage, are very approachable and shield the team from external factors Co workers: Very friendly and helpful and excellent testers Hardest Part of job: Testing with requirements not clear. Most enjoyable part of job:

Pros

Flexible work hours

Fun workplace

During my time at ACC, I've met countless amounts people and the interaction with clients is one not to miss. Thoroughly enjoy my team environment.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Strict hours

With Privacy the way it is prefer not to comment

ACC is a good place to work and I would sincerely like to transfer to another ACC Branch. However I also enjoyed being an Operations Manager and my Project Management skills are not being utilised in ACC

Productive and fun wokplace

Repetitive documentation Clerical Database Entry Caring and kind Co-workers the most enjoyable part was meeting friendly people, my work, and meeting targets.

Pros

Good Working environment

Well rounded working environment, amazing staff and great customer

A typical day at work would involve setting up the restaurant ready for service. I learnt that not everyday is the same and how to manage time between shifts. My co workers were great, easy going and well mannered. The hardest part of my job at times would be dealing with unsatisfactory customers but being able to have the discipline to act professionally. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with an amazing team and also meeting some amazing people.

Pros

free dinner

Cons

late nights