ACC Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ACC Limited

ACC Limited Employee Review

Stressful job but well paid

Worth it for the short amount of time nothing I could do for a longer period though. Took a while for me to start getting paid there but once I did it was good money. Rewarding but hard work.

Same location

Woking at ACC

The intent of this organisation and value it brings to the wider NZ public is positive. As with any organisation the reflection of how services and support is delivered heavily relies on it's people, who act with integrity and support not only the scheme but our customers. The organisation is progressing through transformational change, the third transformation in 6 years, hopefully there is delivery in the outcomes that are positive for customers and employees. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work and expectations, the hours are long and the most challenging thing is dealing with so many people coming and going through the organisation so having to repeat and educate contractors etc can be frustrating. There are good people at ACC and they generally want to do the right thing.

Pros

Superannuation Scheme

Cons

Long hours, repetitive work
Same location

Friendly and challenging work environment

Typical day at work: UAT testing, liaising with stakeholders like BAs, SMEs, Releas team, Other test analysts, test scripting, execution, defect reporting and tracking, requirement analysis, test documentation like estimation, reviewing test plans, Text exit reports etc What I Learnt: Testing core applications used in claims management like EOS, PW, IPS2, MFP etc. Regression testing, Prioritization of work, mentoring junior staff Management: Worked with Test Managers who don't micro manage, are very approachable and shield the team from external factors Co workers: Very friendly and helpful and excellent testers Hardest Part of job: Testing with requirements not clear. Most enjoyable part of job:

Pros

Flexible work hours

Large Room for Opportunity

For a entry level job, ACC is set-up to provide ample opportunity to those that actively pursue it. Great job for what it was worth. Was a pleasure to work alongside co-workers. Although there had been a transition that seemed rather coerced, and has a type of set-up that seems forced rather than applicable or humane for that matter, co-workers make up for the lack of presentation of a sane organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACC Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ACC Limited
  • Stressful job but well paid
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?