Access Community Health Center Employee Reviews

So many Opportunities
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington18 November 2019
You learn so much with Access and the clients that you care for. I recommend going for high needs clients as you learn so much. If you ever want to do nursing or become a doctor start here as it covers a wide range of clients from all walks of life and you can study levels 2-4 while working with Access then study for one to two years and become a registered nurse. A career path worth taking
Flexible
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury10 November 2019
Great working team. Management are very supportive and friendly. Working involves trust and confidence. One thing I've learnt about the job is to be patient and calm at any time in any circumstances. Livable wage, but the only hardest part about the job is using your own vehicle to get to places. The easiest part about the job is having great conversations with clients.
Would t recommend working here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 October 2019
Under pay not enough hours holidays are a joke useless for people with young children and time off poor /no communication between management and staff and clients they don't care about you don't waste your time your better than that
Inder staffed
Very good as a SW
The ava app they use for clocking in and out of each client is brilliant but as a coordinator very frustrating as SW can pick and choose jobs
Learn something new everyday
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington24 May 2019
It feels really good meeting different kinds of people daily and got opportunity to learn from working with elderly people. While working with Access Community Health, i came across various kinds of clients and it was my first step towards the health field in New Zealand.
Sometimes it was tough to handle the clients but working in a team provided additional support along with their family members.
Interesting and rewarding job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato30 November 2018
Working with lovely people made the job so much fun. I met so many amazing people with fascinating stories and working with them was a delight. Overall I ereally enjoyed my time here.
Not that supportive odf workers despite what they say
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 August 2018
Not good at communications
Intrusive-ringing staff at home on days off on non urgent matters
Clients were delightful. I felt I made a difference to their daily lives.
Needed to be flexible and adaptable as sometimes home visits would crop up at the last minute or client would cancel their cares at the last minute (usually due to forgetting about medical appointments or family get -to-togethers etc).
the job could be isolating as work was in my neighbourhood and our office was a half hour drive from home.
must join work place
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 July 2018
I enjoyed my work here and management is so co-operative and supportive. colleagues are also helpful and friendly environment. the most enjoyable part is you will get satisfaction towards work.
fun and rewarding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington18 February 2018
love it rewarding work very social get to meet lots of different types of people, you go home feeling wonderful knowing that you had just helped someone in need
Pros
awesome clients
Cons
not enough hours and paid fortnightly
In home support worker (Former Employee) –  Gore District, Southland7 February 2018
Great place to work enjoy working with the elderly in there home assisting them to live independently ,.....................................😊😊😊😊😊
Pros
Rewarding
Very stressful environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago28 December 2017
Poorly Managed. Service delivery often not met as not enough support taff to do the role effectively.
Alot of staff left due to the stress of the job.
loving and understanding workplace
Support worker, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tokoroa, Waikato2 November 2017
Just helping the clients was the best thing in general, helping with their daily needs, keeping them clean and happy and as independent as they can possibly be. meeting their whanau (family)
Pros
travel was paid for, clients i had were lovely
Cons
not enough hours
It was a relief to leave but only because of Access!
Personal Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago25 April 2017
My role was enjoyable until Access Homehealth took over the client contracts that were initially held by Home Support Services Otago. Support workers went from having monthly meetings to only having one cramped meeting in a whole year that felt rushed and hostile. I was told that we would never get a pay rise. None of the workers in our area felt valued however I do believe that my experience can't be a representation of the entire company as every office is different and it all comes down to management.
Pros
Community involvement, lovely clients
Cons
Poor management, company expanded too quickly, lack of value toward workers
fun no drama workplace
Personal carer (Former Employee) –  Cheviot, Canterbury10 March 2017
loved it, great support with training, great start rate compared to other jobs. i found i learnt a lot, a friendly team of staff, no dramas. catered well to hours needed
Pros
great staff
Cons
changed management
I work in community so dont really have alot of contact with other supportworkers or ceo
Supportworker (Current Employee) –  Motueka, Tasman30 November 2016
I would like to have more contact with the staff face to face instead of over the phone and other supportworkers because sometimes we do relief work for each other ,it would be nice to hear some of their advice about their clients because they would know better because one on one relationships with client.
Pros
meeting people different walks of life
Cons
not enough time, not getting the right care
Great work inviroment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato12 June 2016
I find it a great place to work.
It is a very rewarding job, you meet some great people and learn so much from them.
The hardest part of my job would be loosing one of my clients as they become part of your life from day to day.
Not a good company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton1 February 2015
Low pay
Have to use own car for little recompense
Not good attitude from staff
Not treated with respect from staff AND clients
Supportive staff and training provided
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Timaru31 January 2014
I drove my own vehicle to my clients homes where I peformed domestic assistance. My work involved general maintenance and hygiene of the client's home. Duties included changing bed linen, dusting, washing and hanging out washing, cleaning floors, bathroom and toilet areas. Shopping for clients as required. Assisted one client with shower.
I developed excellent time management skills as I completed duties in the time allowed. I learnt many necessary skills while training for the National Certificate of Health, Disability and Aged Support (Foundation Skills) Level 2. This enabled me to become more assertive when dealing with difficult behaviour which led to positive outcomes for my clients. I worked independently and developed excellent problem solving skills. The best part of the job was making a difference for my clients. I had regular contact with my clients and got to know them well. I enjoyed talking and listening to them.
Pros
Work independently with miminum supervision.
Job satisfaction good, low pay
Caregiver for elderly and disabled (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Waikato2 December 2013
Good job satisfaction. Management friendly and supportive but quite a few mistakes. Not much contact with co-workers. Hard part of the job was to stay motivated when the pay was so bad, and the travelling time between jobs was unpaid. Most enjoyable part of the job was the contact with the clients - met many interesting and mostly appreciative people and gained satisfaction from helping those who need it.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
Low pay