Access Community Health Center
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Access Community Health Center Employee Reviews

New Zealand22 reviews
Rewarding job
I missed working with support workers guiding them through day to day routine which helped me gained more attentive skills we created good bond which I believe is essential for Access. Reassuring the safety for everyone involved which help and ease up every care for every client. Helping everyone to achieve their goals was my main focus.
Putting a smile on clients face gives me great satisfaction.
Low pay
Not enough staff support .low pay under living wage and no empathy from management .need more staff need more support need a work life balance .

Feels like you at high school and someone is always on your back
So many Opportunities
You learn so much with Access and the clients that you care for. I recommend going for high needs clients as you learn so much. If you ever want to do nursing or become a doctor start here as it covers a wide range of clients from all walks of life and you can study levels 2-4 while working with Access then study for one to two years and become a registered nurse. A career path worth taking
Flexible
Great working team. Management are very supportive and friendly. Working involves trust and confidence. One thing I've learnt about the job is to be patient and calm at any time in any circumstances. Livable wage, but the only hardest part about the job is using your own vehicle to get to places. The easiest part about the job is having great conversations with clients.
Would t recommend working here
Under pay not enough hours holidays are a joke useless for people with young children and time off poor /no communication between management and staff and clients they don't care about you don't waste your time your better than that
Inder staffed
Very good as a SW
The ava app they use for clocking in and out of each client is brilliant but as a coordinator very frustrating as SW can pick and choose jobs
Learn something new everyday
It feels really good meeting different kinds of people daily and got opportunity to learn from working with elderly people. While working with Access Community Health, i came across various kinds of clients and it was my first step towards the health field in New Zealand.
Sometimes it was tough to handle the clients but working in a team provided additional support along with their family members.
Interesting and rewarding job
Working with lovely people made the job so much fun. I met so many amazing people with fascinating stories and working with them was a delight. Overall I ereally enjoyed my time here.
Not that supportive odf workers despite what they say
Not good at communications
Intrusive-ringing staff at home on days off on non urgent matters

Clients were delightful. I felt I made a difference to their daily lives.

Needed to be flexible and adaptable as sometimes home visits would crop up at the last minute or client would cancel their cares at the last minute (usually due to forgetting about medical appointments or family get -to-togethers etc).

the job could be isolating as work was in my neighbourhood and our office was a half hour drive from home.
must join work place
I enjoyed my work here and management is so co-operative and supportive. colleagues are also helpful and friendly environment. the most enjoyable part is you will get satisfaction towards work.
fun and rewarding
love it rewarding work very social get to meet lots of different types of people, you go home feeling wonderful knowing that you had just helped someone in need
Pros
awesome clients
Cons
not enough hours and paid fortnightly
Great place to work enjoy working with the elderly in there home assisting them to live independently ,.....................................😊😊😊😊😊
Pros
Rewarding
Very stressful environment
Poorly Managed. Service delivery often not met as not enough support taff to do the role effectively.
Alot of staff left due to the stress of the job.
loving and understanding workplace
Just helping the clients was the best thing in general, helping with their daily needs, keeping them clean and happy and as independent as they can possibly be. meeting their whanau (family)
Pros
travel was paid for, clients i had were lovely
Cons
not enough hours
It was a relief to leave but only because of Access!
My role was enjoyable until Access Homehealth took over the client contracts that were initially held by Home Support Services Otago. Support workers went from having monthly meetings to only having one cramped meeting in a whole year that felt rushed and hostile. I was told that we would never get a pay rise. None of the workers in our area felt valued however I do believe that my experience can't be a representation of the entire company as every office is different and it all comes down to management.
Pros
Community involvement, lovely clients
Cons
Poor management, company expanded too quickly, lack of value toward workers
fun no drama workplace
loved it, great support with training, great start rate compared to other jobs. i found i learnt a lot, a friendly team of staff, no dramas. catered well to hours needed
Pros
great staff
Cons
changed management
I work in community so dont really have alot of contact with other supportworkers or ceo
I would like to have more contact with the staff face to face instead of over the phone and other supportworkers because sometimes we do relief work for each other ,it would be nice to hear some of their advice about their clients because they would know better because one on one relationships with client.
Pros
meeting people different walks of life
Cons
not enough time, not getting the right care
Great work inviroment
I find it a great place to work.
It is a very rewarding job, you meet some great people and learn so much from them.

The hardest part of my job would be loosing one of my clients as they become part of your life from day to day.
Not a good company to work for
Low pay
Have to use own car for little recompense

Not good attitude from staff

Not treated with respect from staff AND clients
supportive management
I drove my vehicle to client’s homes where I performed domestic assistance. My work involved general maintenance and hygiene of the client's home. Duties included changing bed linen, dusting, washing and hanging out washing, cleaning floors, bathroom and toilet areas. I also did shopping for clients as required. I assisted a client to shower.
I developed excellent time management skills as I completed duties in the time allowed. I learnt many necessary skills while training for the National Certificate of Health, Disability and Aged Support (Foundation Skills) Level 2. This enabled me to become more assertive when dealing with demanding or difficult behaviour and led to positive outcomes for my clients. I worked independently and developed excellent problem solving skills. The best part of the job was making a difference for my clients. I had regular contact with my clients and got to know them well. I enjoyed talking and listening to them
Pros
provide training
Supportive staff and training provided
I drove my own vehicle to my clients homes where I peformed domestic assistance. My work involved general maintenance and hygiene of the client's home. Duties included changing bed linen, dusting, washing and hanging out washing, cleaning floors, bathroom and toilet areas. Shopping for clients as required. Assisted one client with shower.
I developed excellent time management skills as I completed duties in the time allowed. I learnt many necessary skills while training for the National Certificate of Health, Disability and Aged Support (Foundation Skills) Level 2. This enabled me to become more assertive when dealing with difficult behaviour which led to positive outcomes for my clients. I worked independently and developed excellent problem solving skills. The best part of the job was making a difference for my clients. I had regular contact with my clients and got to know them well. I enjoyed talking and listening to them.
Pros
Work independently with miminum supervision.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.